What is your take on the "Doomer/Gloomer" Subculture? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:22 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I quite like Nirvana's music because I grew up listening to them (even though I was 3 when Kurt Cobain committed suicide, though their greatest hits CD came out in 2001 and there was unreleased material on it,) and there was one Hole song I used to really like (Celebrity Skin,) and some post-grunge stuff.

But for me in my early-mid teens a lot of what I listened to was pop-punk and similar stuff so stuff with that sound tends to make me more nostalgic. Nu-metal doesn't really in the same way, even though I listened to a bunch of that and it was quite defining of the time period. Also really love Jack Off Jill, still listen to one of their albums fairly regularly. (They don't really fit into either of those genres, basically riot grrl-lite goth rock fusion.)

(this isn't a representative example just the track I've listened to most recently again by them hahah)

But tbh even though it's not classic punk at all MSI is the best punk-related band probably. Also spin off projects. It's the upbeat ironic edgyness we need but don't deserve.

^ The ****ing cats.

non live version though:

Also just the fact this exists:

No I can't link all their songs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:51 AM
We all wear a mask.

I certainly find this new expression of nihilistic dread to be relatable. It is somewhat refreshing to know that as much time that I spend within my own thoughts, my thoughts are not particularly abnormal.

Certainly some folks will just view the mentality at its conception as young people just trying to be "edgy" but there is cause for concern when a whole group of twenty-somethings have a feeling of being disenfranchised and have such a disconnect with society as a whole. Can't please everyone, that much is evident from a few of the replies in this thread alone. The concept of "doomer" seems to be much more in parallel to the idea of truly understanding yourself, life, and just how ****ty everything actually is instead of just choosing to ignore it.

I've echoed many of these doomer sentiments in my time here as a posting member so the memes depicting the authors' thoughts are quite relatable.

We haven't lived in anything remotely close to "real" since the turn of the century.
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:32 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymes Rhymes View Post
just how ****ty everything actually is
you're confusing your own feelings with the Void of Suchness.

there neither is nor isn't nothing.

i'm angry at society and humanity too, but i know those are just opinions and feelings that hold no bearing or value outside human cognition.
post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 07:49 AM
We all wear a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
i'm angry at society and humanity too, but i know those are just opinions and feelings that hold no bearing or value outside human cognition.

I understand this notion fully.

We haven't lived in anything remotely close to "real" since the turn of the century.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page