What Do You Think Would Make SAS Better? - Page 36 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #701 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
❤️ Administrator ❤️

I’ve started moving threads from Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise to Health, starting with the oldest threads first. This is so the two sections can be merged.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Failure's Art

It would be cool if you could "like" someone's post. I think I've seen that with other vbulletin forums. Not sure if that is some kind of add in though.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #703 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by either/or View Post
It would be cool if you could "like" someone's post. I think I've seen that with other vbulletin forums. Not sure if that is some kind of add in though.
There is a like feature, but when I tried to enable it as a test, nothing happened.

A lot of people have said that it could make some people feel bad about themselves if they didn't get any/many "likes," especially on a social anxiety forum, so if this was ever able to work, it would be better if there was a way to change the settings so the only person who can see the "likes" is the person who has received them and no one can try to compare and then feel bad.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #704 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 07:51 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
Maybe less permanent bans? I just never know why people disappear after so little time.
post #705 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
Maybe less permanent bans? I just never know why people disappear after so little time.
Permanent bans are always for a good reason, and everyone is given a lot of chances to improve their behaviour before it happens. Unfortunately, most people here choose not to improve after being given chances to and continue causing problems, leaving us with no choice.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #706 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 04:56 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
99% of the people who "disappear" (get banned) shortly after joining are either people who have duplicate accounts or they are spammers. I'm assuming you do not want more spammers on SAS? I have probably banned 6-7 (would be) spammers in the last week (maybe more). And I might have even missed a few. I could not tell you how many spammers I have banned since I was a mod but it would be a large number. And yes. I am sure they were all spammers (SAS spammers are usually not subtle).

There are relatively few permabans of legitimate users unless they have duplicate accounts and that doesn't really count because we (usually) let them keep one of their accounts and ban the others. The only time when that is not the case would be if it was someone who was banned for bad behavior and sneaked back in and was not caught right away. In that case if they managed to make two or more accounts before getting caught, all of them would be banned.

Anyway, generally, most of the permanent bans you see are duplicate accounts or spammers. Lately, it has been probably 99% spammers. And sometimes we get the same spammers over and over and have to keep banning them before they finally stay gone.
post #707 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
99% of the people who "disappear" (get banned) shortly after joining are either people who have duplicate accounts or they are spammers. I'm assuming you do not want more spammers on SAS? I have probably banned 6-7 (would be) spammers in the last week (maybe more). And I might have even missed a few. I could not tell you how many spammers I have banned since I was a mod but it would be a large number. And yes. I am sure they were all spammers (SAS spammers are usually not subtle).

There are relatively few permabans of legitimate users unless they have duplicate accounts and that doesn't really count because we (usually) let them keep one of their accounts and ban the others. The only time when that is not the case would be if it was someone who was banned for bad behavior and sneaked back in and was not caught right away. In that case if they managed to make two or more accounts before getting caught, all of them would be banned.

Anyway, generally, most of the permanent bans you see are duplicate accounts or spammers. Lately, it has been probably 99% spammers. And sometimes we get the same spammers over and over and have to keep banning them before they finally stay gone.
All of this is true, and at least a quarter of all new members are spammers.

We also have a lot of trolls. There aren’t as many as there used to be, but this could help to explain why some new people “disappear.” Some people have been trolling SAS for a few years and have had hundreds of accounts. It used to be so bad that they would join faster than we could ban them, with 20 accounts a day.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #708 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 11:53 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
There is a like feature, but when I tried to enable it as a test, nothing happened.

A lot of people have said that it could make some people feel bad about themselves if they didn't get any/many "likes," especially on a social anxiety forum, so if this was ever able to work, it would be better if there was a way to change the settings so the only person who can see the "likes" is the person who has received them and no one can try to compare and then feel bad.
That would be a cool option. Often I can read some post and want to tell whoever wrote it I liked it without having much to say beyond that. I think there are probably others who feel the same, and possibly users who don't even write / participate that much.

Mucus is a living thing you know
post #709 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 01:42 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
^ Same.
post #710 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Discord all the way

-I think there should be a thread that list who is currently a moderator and administrator. Color usernames doesn't quite help. It would help to see a list along with how long their are in their active duty. {And ranks}
post #711 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 12:08 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Lady View Post
-I think there should be a thread that list who is currently a moderator and administrator. Color usernames doesn't quite help. It would help to see a list along with how long their are in their active duty. {And ranks}
View Forum Leaders link near bottom of the main forum page (desktop):

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...showgroups.php

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #712 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 01:55 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
Can we maybe get actual notifications or messages or something when we do something wrong? I must have several strikes against me but I have no idea how deep I am because I never get any notifications... I don't want to get banned with no notice.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.
post #713 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 04:09 PM
❤️ Terminator ❤️

Language: English, some Italian. Also Australianisms and Swearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragammon View Post
Can we maybe get actual notifications or messages or something when we do something wrong? I must have several strikes against me but I have no idea how deep I am because I never get any notifications... I don't want to get banned with no notice.
There is a setting you might need to change for that.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #714 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 09:46 AM
Discord all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
View Forum Leaders link near bottom of the main forum page (desktop):

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...showgroups.php

Wow! I did not know this page was around. What other SAS pages I not know of? LOL Thank You.
{I think this link should have a thread on the Management Section though. Title: "Current Moderators List." Nobody would think to search for this page. They would go to Management.

I think some of the forums sections should be reorganize, renamed and/or omitted.

For example under [Forums] there are 5 main sections.
[Recovery]
[Discussion]
[General]
[Controversial Discussion]
[Management].

I think [Recovery] should be renamed [The First Step] while [The First Step]

could be renamed something for "Newcomers." {Which ever new name it may be.}
Under [The First Step] {which is another section} could be [Coping with Social

Anxiety] because that is where people post their personal issues with SA.

[Secondary Disorders] can be under [Coping with Social Anxiety]

I think adding another main section {a 6th section} could help. A Health section

under [Recovery]. This is where topics like [Medication], [Therapy], [Nutrition

Supplements and Exerise] can go.

[Recovery] or [The First Step] <---- New name
[Health] -----> [Medication] [Therapy] [Nutrition Supplements and Exerise]
[Discussion]
[General]
[Management]

I can go on and on but I won't. I just feel like SAS could reorganize some of their sections. Some sections should go in categories. Make it more easier to navigate.

post #715 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 05:02 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
@WillYouStopDave , thanks. That explains it better than i could've thought of.
post #716 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 05:11 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
More participation from East Moluccans. East Moluccans are under-represented.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #717 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Quote:
If you do something wrong, you might get a warning or infraction for it, which is a PM telling you what the problem was. If you have either of these, you will see another tab on your profile that says “Infractions,” and you can check them there. Unless you do something very bad, you will always get warned about a ban before it happens, especially a permanent one.
Quote:
Wow! I did not know this page was around. What other SAS pages I not know of? LOL Thank You.
{I think this link should have a thread on the Management Section though. Title: "Current Moderators List." Nobody would think to search for this page. They would go to Management.

I think some of the forums sections should be reorganize, renamed and/or omitted.

For example under [Forums] there are 5 main sections.
[Recovery]
[Discussion]
[General]
[Management].

I think [Recovery] should be renamed [The First Step] while [The First Step]

could be renamed something for "Newcomers." {Which ever new name it may be.}
Under [The First Step] {which is another section} could be [Coping with Social

Anxiety] because that is where people post their personal issues with SA.

[Secondary Disorders] can be under [Coping with Social Anxiety]

I think adding another main section {a 6th section} could help. A Health section

under [Recovery]. This is where topics like [Medication], [Therapy], [Nutrition

Supplements and Exerise] can go.

[Recovery] or [The First Step] <---- New name
[Health] -----> [Medication] [Therapy] [Nutrition Supplements and Exerise]
[Discussion]
[General]
[Management]

I can go on and on but I won't. I just feel like SAS could reorganize some of their sections. Some sections should go in categories. Make it more easier to navigate.

I’m trying to do something similar to this. Changing the order each forum shows in is hard because a lot of them share the same order number, so you have to keep trying different numbers until you get the right one.

Merging forums is done by going through each page of the forum you want to merge with another and selecting all of the threads from that page. Only 200 threads (10 pages) can be moved at a time, and there is no “Merge All” option. This means merging busy forums would be very difficult. Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise will be merged with Health before anything else is done.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #718 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 08:09 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
If you do something wrong, you might get a warning or infraction for it, which is a PM telling you what the problem was. If you have either of these, you will see another tab on your profile that says “Infractions,” and you can check them there. Unless you do something very bad, you will always get warned about a ban before it happens, especially a permanent one.

I’m trying to do something similar to this. Changing the order each forum shows in is hard because a lot of them share the same order number, so you have to keep trying different numbers until you get the right one.

Merging forums is done by going through each page of the forum you want to merge with another and selecting all of the threads from that page. Only 200 threads (10 pages) can be moved at a time, and there is no “Merge All” option. This means merging busy forums would be very difficult. Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise will be merged with Health before anything else is done.
I still see Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise above and separate from Health section. I like how descriptive the Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise section is, it reminds us of the different natural ways we can help ourselves w/ and sounds nice rather than if it was just named under Health. Health is widely general unless it's like how Sunshine Lady talked about.
post #719 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 03:55 AM

Quote:
This does not happen. A "strike against you" is called an infraction. Well, technically, there are two levels of it. There are warnings and infractions. Warnings only count insomuch as if you get more than a couple of warnings, you will eventually start getting infractions (which can lead to temporary or permanent bans but usually takes quite a few before that happens), which are more serious than warnings.

At any rate, you will get a PM if you get a warning or an infraction. You do not just get secret strikes against you here. I just looked at your profile and you don't have any warnings or infractions. Generally speaking, bans are not done without multiple warnings. We do try to give people a chance to change whatever behavior it is that is causing a problem. So you generally do not need to worry about that on this forum.

Edit - and I just noticed that @Silent Memory also answered this.
post #720 of 731 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Mods are red and admins are purple. It's pretty simple, actually. There used to be a category called Mentors. I mean, the usergroup still exists but it isn't used anymore so it's pretty simple. Red names are always mods and there are no ranks among mods.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page