Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What Do You Have To Look Forward To

704 views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  JD89 
#1 ·
Other than having tickets to concerts/events, I don't have much to look forward to.

Sometimes I will plan to treat myself by buying food I've been craving and it gives me something to look forward to. And also playing the lotto every Saturday.

#4 ·
I try to always have something to look forward to in the short term. Could be anything like a day off work, my next heavy gym day, waiting for something I ordered online, a new episode of a favorite show, upcoming trips, weekly cheat meal, or whatever. Can be anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
Look forward with optimism most days anyway.

First warm day in Spring, the Football Euro Champs this summer, although, being an England fan, that excitement soon fades as the games get underway.

Looking forward to the world being a little easier on leaf in the wind and @SamanthaStrange if thats how they are both feeling right now.

#16 ·
Before I read this thread, I wasn't in the mind set of looking forward to anything, I was just having fun playing around on my computer. The things I usually look forward to are technological innovations, such as more sophisticated AI, integration of machine and flesh, all of that fun stuff that seems to terrify a lot of people :lol I tend not to spend a lot of my time looking forward to things, because there is so much here right now, that I can enjoy.

As far as anything in the near future, I don't really have any plans that I am looking forward to, most of what I'll be doing then will be the same as I am doing now, and it is not such a dreadful prospect because I enjoy it. As for the immediate future, I look forward to playing a game, cooking and eating lunch, and taking a hot shower.

#17 ·
Before I read this thread, I wasn't in the mind set of looking forward to anything, I was just having fun playing around on my computer. The things I usually look forward to are technological innovations, such as more sophisticated AI, integration of machine and flesh, all of that fun stuff that seems to terrify a lot of people :lol I tend not to spend a lot of my time looking forward to things, because there is so much here right now, that I can enjoy.

As far as anything in the near future, I don't really have any plans that I am looking forward to, most of what I'll be doing then will be the same as I am doing now, and it is not such a dreadful prospect because I enjoy it. As for the immediate future, I look forward to playing a game, cooking and eating lunch, and taking a hot shower.
What are you going to do with a half robot half flesh being ? Nothing seedy I hope lol.

Whose flesh do they use ?

#20 ·
I've been making a mental note of what I have to look forward to in order to change my perspective on life. By dwelling on the negatives it's easy to forget about the good things in life.

I have the following things to look forward to:

- Seeing some of my favourite artists live in concert.
- Spending time with my friend.
- Spending time with my family.
- Playing some videogames that are set to come out this year or next and look good.
- Watching new seasons of some of my favourite TV shows.
- Getting some health conditions fixed so I'm not in pain every day.
- Getting in shape once said health problems are fixed.
- Getting into the dating game and hopefully finding a nice GF (this one riddles me with anxiety too mind, although I know it will be worth it in the end).

There are plenty of good things in life, it's a matter of seeking them out and doing something about it. I know the negative feelings we have often prevent us from seeing them but I think you've got to challenge those thoughts, break them down logically you know? That's what I'm doing now and I'm realizing some of my issues and fears aren't as big as I thought. Our anxiety magnifies even the smallest issue until it appears large enough to crush us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.