What colour(s) Planeswalker are you? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語

What colour(s) Planeswalker are you?

https://still-anchorage-15218.herokuapp.com/

Quote:
You are a Black/Blue Planeswalker (Welcome to House Dimir*)

your scores are...

| White: 42 | Blue: 92 | Black: 101 | Red: 76 | Green: 51 |
Quote:
A Black/Blue Planeswalker asks the question how can I best achieve my goals? It's fair to describe blue/black as the combination of "enlightened self-interest". Blue and black both agree on growth mindset, the idea that one is not defined by one's origins or constrained to the role society has set. Blue/black characters are often intelligent, clever, arrogant, and aloof. Notable examples include Odysseus from The Odyssey, Sherlock Holmes, and Lex Luthor. Transhumanism is a fundamentally blue/black worldview, in opposition to the imperative to accept death as a crucial and inevitable part of life.
Not sure if it can give three types as a result (I only answered 75 questions because I knew I'd get bored,) but red/black/blue would probably be more accurate.

Can read more about the colours here:

morality|order (white)
logic|technology (blue)
parasitism|amorality (black)
impulse|chaos (red)
instinct|independence (green)

*can also read more about the various guilds here:

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Ravnican_guild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:12 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
You are a Blue/White Planeswalker (Welcome to the Azorius Senate).

dt, your scores are...

| White: 161 | Blue: 190 | Black: 118 | Red: 87 | Green: 118 |
I guess that seems accurate.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I took 100 questions

Planewalker of the bant shard white/blue/green

White 147 | Blue 137 | Black 112
Red 104 | Green 183

Bant displays a calm & peaceful stability, underlying a slow progression towards knowledge, wisdom & fulfiment, those of bant colors are respectful, and have an absence of urgency & relentlessness, they believe in building scaffolds rather than cages and are patient in building others up towards a better future.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:52 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
You are a Blue/Green Planeswalker

Interesting
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:36 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
You are a Planeswalker of The Jeskai Way
andy, your scores are...
| White: 157 | Blue: 193 | Black: 108 | Red: 155 | Green: 150 |
Jeskai is a combination of Blue, Red, and White.
Jeskai live within a cycle of inspiration, investigation, and evaluation. Those of Jeskai colors show a refusal to be content with what is already known. They have a desire to out out in search of new information, to return and share their findings in comunal progress. Jeskai put their ego second in the process of reaching for something greater.

The colors of Jeskai:
Blue wants perfection
Blue believes that each and every one of us is born a blank slate with the potential to become anything. The entire point of life is figuring out what you could achieve with the right education, experience, and tools. Note that this is not a task with an end goal, but one that continues throughout your life. There will always be things you can do to improve, change, or adapt. The journey of life is one of constant discovery as you keep seeking to better yourself.
Red wants freedom.
Everyone seems preoccupied with the meaning of life. Red's not, because red already knows the answer. You see, your heart tells you what it needs in order to be fulfilled. All you have to do is listen to it and act accordingly. It's not a mystery. You are literally bombarded with constant feelings that guide you down the correct path. The problem is all the other colors ignore the message.
White wants peace.
White wants to create a world where there is no unnecessary suffering, a world where life is as good as it can be for each individual. The key to making this happen is teaching individuals the importance of taking actions which benefit the group as a whole, even if those actions might not benefit them personally.
i guess? idk what a planeswalker is anyway.

actually just high blue, low black. everything else very close.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:50 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, ちょっとだけ日本語, Java, C#
Yay, MTG! The offline game I'd play far more often if I weren't such a loner!

Quote:
You are a Blue/Black Planeswalker (Welcome to House Dimir).

| White: 103 | Blue: 351 | Black: 217 | Red: 172 | Green: 147 |
Interesting. I actually prefer Gruul (Green/Red) and Golgari (Green/Black) when I play. And Blue is probably my least favorite color in Magic. I guess it goes to show that your personality doesn't necessarily correlate to which colors you'd like to play.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:07 PM

You are a Planeswalker of The Naya Shard.

RAS, your scores are...

| White: 567 | Blue: 422 | Black: 364 | Red: 461 | Green: 503 |

Naya is a combination of Green, White, and Red.

Naya has a passionate presence, tempered by tradition and a sense of belonging, Naya has a full and vibrant commitment to one?s chosen way of life. Those of Naya colors have an almost total lack of selfishness or dissatisfaction, resulting in a fierce desire to protect the good that already is.

The colors of Naya:

Green wants harmony.
The other colors are all focused on how they'd change the world to make it better. Green is the one color that doesn't want to change the world, because green is convinced that the world already got everything right. The natural order is a thing of beauty and has all the answers to life's problems. The key is learning to sit back and recognize what is right in front of you.

White wants peace.
White wants to create a world where there is no unnecessary, a world where life is as good as it can be for each individual. The key to making this happen is teaching individuals the importance of taking actions which benefit the group as a whole, even if those actions might not benefit them personally.

Red wants freedom.
Everyone seems preoccupied with the meaning of life. Red's not, because red already knows the answer. You see, your heart tells you what it needs in order to be fulfilled. All you have to do is listen to it and act accordingly. It's not a mystery. You are literally bombarded with constant feelings that guide you down the correct path. The problem is all the other colors ignore the message.

Interesting.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:28 PM

Language: sarcasm
cid, your scores are...
| White: 75 | Blue: 197 | Black: 177 | Red: 176 | Green: 118 |
Grixis is a combination of Black, Blue, and Red.
Grixis believes in a bold and impassioned search for satisfaction, perfection, and self expression. Those of Grixis colors have an eagerness to break the status quo and remake things in their own image. They disregard tradition and conventional approval, seeing them as unnecessary to achieve their goals, the well behaved rarely make history.

I mean yeah. That's pretty accurate.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
occasionally lesbian NRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragammon View Post
Yay, MTG! The offline game I'd play far more often if I weren't such a loner!

Interesting. I actually prefer Gruul (Green/Red) and Golgari (Green/Black) when I play. And Blue is probably my least favorite color in Magic. I guess it goes to show that your personality doesn't necessarily correlate to which colors you'd like to play.
I haven't played enough to have a favourite colour of deck, the only one I own though is red/green but I haven't played with that since 2010~ I've mostly played with my brother's cards since then and haven't played since 2016 so can't really remember the colours, probably mostly including red and black though. I used to play with someone who really liked blue. I think they tend to be slow decks.

Commander is a pretty fun format to play.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, ちょっとだけ日本語, Java, C#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I haven't played enough to have a favourite colour of deck, the only one I own though is red/green but I haven't played with that since 2010~ I've mostly played with my brother's cards since then and haven't played since 2016 so can't really remember the colours, probably mostly including red and black though. I used to play with someone who really liked blue. I think they tend to be slow decks.

Commander is a pretty fun format to play.
I love Commander; I've got several different decks... I used to play with my dad but it's a pretty expensive hobby, especially if you want to build really good decks, so I gave it up a few years ago. I love the game but playing with random people at the local card shop makes me way too nervous, and the only RL friend I had who liked MTG moved away like 7 years ago. And I don't think my dad was as into it as I was.

I've just been thinking lately that I'd love to bust out my favorite green Commander deck and play, but I'm not sure my dad would be interested. MTG is one of the few things that actually makes me want more (or any) IRL friends...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:25 PM
!

My Mood: Grumpy
You are a White/Blue Planeswalker (Welcome to the Azorius Senate).

| White: 417 | Blue: 395 | Black: 259 | Red: 252 | Green: 324 |

A White/Blue Planeswalker asks the question how do we know what's right and good? The whole concept of a "rationality technique" is extremely white/blue, the idea that we might create carefully defined, algorithmic heuristics for doing things better according to some outside standard is not one that other color combinations are likely to produce. Effective Altruism is also a white/blue movement, though it makes efforts to reach out to red (compassion) and black (taking the long view on self interest)

White wants peace
White wants to create a world where there is no unnecessary suffering, a world where life is as good as it can be for each individual. The key to making this happen is teaching individuals the importance of taking actions which benefit the group as a whole, even if those actions might not benefit them personally.

White does want as many as possible to understand its motives and share them. But white realizes that in order to accomplish its larger goal, some individuals will have to be lead down the path rather than venture there of their own accord.

Blue wants perfection
Blue believes that each and every one of us is born a blank slate with the potential to become anything. The entire point of life is figuring out what you could achieve with the right education, experience, and tools. Note that this is not a task with an end goal, but one that continues throughout your life. There will always be things you can do to improve, change, or adapt. The journey of life is one of constant discovery as you keep seeking to better yourself.

Much as blue wishes to perfect itself, it also wants to perfect the world it lives in. Part of this is to ensure that blue has access to the resources it needs, but part of it is the belief that an element of reaching one's potential is living within a world that has reached its own potential. As such, blue is the color most interested in technology and wants the latest and greatest version of whatever it is using.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
occasionally lesbian NRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragammon View Post
I love Commander; I've got several different decks... I used to play with my dad but it's a pretty expensive hobby, especially if you want to build really good decks, so I gave it up a few years ago. I love the game but playing with random people at the local card shop makes me way too nervous, and the only RL friend I had who liked MTG moved away like 7 years ago. And I don't think my dad was as into it as I was.

I've just been thinking lately that I'd love to bust out my favorite green Commander deck and play, but I'm not sure my dad would be interested. MTG is one of the few things that actually makes me want more (or any) IRL friends...
I don't remember well now but I used to play a bunch around 2010 with some people from uni, we also played in this one pub a lot, and the people there definitely recognised us so lol.... (it wasn't like an organised event either.)

As a teenager I used to go to this games club for a while that was also in a pub? Not sure what to call it some place where you could buy alcohol at least, (well I couldn't because under 18 but yeah,) but it was actually this weird place that was at the top of this shopping centre in my home town and split into two rooms that someone rented out. You could play a bunch of stuff there including table top war games. I played Yugioh though because this was before I got into magic, the last time I went there was during the summer after my first year of uni (in 2010.)

Not long after that I think it closed down and my brother's best friend started running a place in the basement of his parent's house (because it was a pub - again lmao no wonder the UK is full of alcoholics, but no it wasn't running as a pub anymore at that time, but the building used to be so all the pub stuff was still there.) Then later he moved to a different venue after his parents moved abroad, then stopped doing that and eventually moved to another place up North where he now runs a gaming hotel which I did visit last year and it's pretty cool, but not to play games just to visit my brother for his birthday because he was there helping him at the time.

I've played with my brother a bunch of times as well. He now goes to a place in town a lot that has lots of boardgames and comic books and stuff and invites me sometimes (I never go.) They play mtg too, but I have a weird thing about potentially befriending people in my hometown (it's difficult to explain, it's partly social anxiety, partly not wanting to talk about stuff that to me seems personal but to other people is potentially just basic conversation among adults - that'd be a problem anywhere if I kept going, but also other stuff that's hometown specific,) and it would probably be too energetic for me now sensory wise.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:22 AM
SAS Member

You are a Blue/Green Planeswalker (Welcome to the Simic Combine).

a, your scores are...
| White: 185 | Blue: 308 | Black: 99 | Red: 184 | Green: 217 |

A Blue/Green Planeswalker asks the question what do I not yet understand? Blue/Green is the combination of truth seeking. While they disagree strongly about what to do with understanding, both blue and green are deeply committed to seeing and understanding the world as it is, with blue pursuing knowledge and green striving for wisdom. A resonant example in today's society is Genetic Engineering. Genetic engineering is maybe the central case of "see what's there, so that you can rearrange it to make it better." Albus Dumbledore was blue/green in his old age, as was Uncle Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender. The character Morpheus from The Matrix played a blue/green role in the plot.

Blue wants perfection
Much as blue wishes to perfect itself, it also wants to perfect the world it lives in. Part of this is to ensure that blue has access to the resources it needs, but part of it is the belief that an element of reaching one's potential is living within a world that has reached its own potential. As such, blue is the color most interested in technology and wants the latest and greatest version of whatever it is using.

Green wants harmony.
The other colors are all focused on how they'd change the world to make it better. Green is the one color that doesn't want to change the world, because green is convinced that the world already got everything right. The natural order is a thing of beauty and has all the answers to life's problems. The key is learning to sit back and recognize what is right in front of you.
Green wants harmony.
Each individual is born with all the potential they need. The secret to a happy life is to recognize the role you were born into and then embrace it. Do what you were destined to do. The world is this elaborate system, and each one of us gets to play a part. And it's not something we have to guess about; it's imprinted on us, it's in our genes. Just look within.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I don't remember well now but I used to play a bunch around 2010 with some people from uni, we also played in this one pub a lot, and the people there definitely recognised us so lol.... (it wasn't like an organised event either.)

As a teenager I used to go to this games club for a while that was also in a pub? Not sure what to call it some place where you could buy alcohol at least, (well I couldn't because under 18 but yeah,) but it was actually this weird place that was at the top of this shopping centre in my home town and split into two rooms that someone rented out. You could play a bunch of stuff there including table top war games. I played Yugioh though because this was before I got into magic, the last time I went there was during the summer after my first year of uni (in 2010.)

Not long after that I think it closed down and my brother's best friend started running a place in the basement of his parent's house (because it was a pub - again lmao no wonder the UK is full of alcoholics, but no it wasn't running as a pub anymore at that time, but the building used to be so all the pub stuff was still there.) Then later he moved to a different venue after his parents moved abroad, then stopped doing that and eventually moved to another place up North where he now runs a gaming hotel which I did visit last year and it's pretty cool, but not to play games just to visit my brother for his birthday because he was there helping him at the time.

I've played with my brother a bunch of times as well. He now goes to a place in town a lot that has lots of boardgames and comic books and stuff and invites me sometimes (I never go.) They play mtg too, but I have a weird thing about potentially befriending people in my hometown (it's difficult to explain, it's partly social anxiety, partly not wanting to talk about stuff that to me seems personal but to other people is potentially just basic conversation among adults - that'd be a problem anywhere if I kept going, but also other stuff that's hometown specific,) and it would probably be too energetic for me now sensory wise.
I went to the last 2 Comic Cons in New York City and they had Yugio card sections with tons of players. I think they all kind of stemmed from Dungeons and Dragons which was the first type of game like that where people congregated. Some rare cards from those games cost a fortune to buy and are graded now, like in the thousands of dollars. Those board games or card games are dying out I believe, every few years, TV channels and access to things online become easier and more widespread, so you would have to search harder for a place to go and play a card game. Too many video or phone or tablet versions of those games that don't require you to leave your house or apartment to play with people face to face.

Any places you can play old arcade games now that still exist, or specialty things like pinball or pool MUST have a liquor license i think. Something about mixing liquor with darts or pinball or pool or card games adds a ton of revenue to places like that these days. In the 80's or 90's it would not have required a liquor license and places like that were booming.

Comic book stores also closed down all over the place, although the prices for classic comic books depending on the issue are SKYROCKETING. A Graded 9.8 Spiderman #300 the first appearance of Venom from 1998 is over $2000 and you could buy it for $1 each in 1988. It is almost impossible to walk into a comic book store these days or find one but prices on ebay for graded issues or auctions are through the roof
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 AM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Sad
I only answered 50, not my personal favourite colours though..

Quote:
You are a Blue/Red Planeswalker (Welcome to the Izzet League).

Dal, your scores are...

| White: 66 | Blue: 117 | Black: 62 | Red: 76 | Green: 41 |

Blue wants perfection

Much as blue wishes to perfect itself, it also wants to perfect the world it lives in. Part of this is to ensure that blue has access to the resources it needs, but part of it is the belief that an element of reaching one's potential is living within a world that has reached its own potential.

Red wants freedom.

Pree much I want Perfection and Freedom yeh lol

"Blue believes that each and every one of us is born a blank slate with the potential to become anything."

^I think pretty much every child is talented, but they're not conditioned properly, then when they grow up everything turns rubbish. But the problem is, to be conditioned well/raised well you need to come from a good family, and even then it is difficult.

Most people don't come from good families though so they're raised to be failures/stupid and keep making mistakes in the future - nothing is thought out for them, and as a result they don't plan for themselves until it's too late. Once older, one has to undo all the damage done by wretched systems which is incredibly difficult, you're harder to mold when you're older.

I often think, to save some of the kids I see from a dull life, you'd have to raise them up in a whole different environment and take them away from their parents.

I don't wanna exist

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page