Unusual hobbies - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Unusual hobbies

Mines urban exploration, although not many of my friends will try it with me.
Whats your most unusual interest/hobby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:28 PM
desperado

Language: english, but all in lower case
My Mood: Innocent
what is urban exploration? where is there to explore? i walk around the city a lot, but that's kind of normal.

veganism isn't unusual anymore. philosophy/ethics isn't very unusual either. i got nothing.

:/
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Professional Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy extrovert View Post
Mines urban exploration, although not many of my friends will try it with me.
Whats your most unusual interest/hobby?
take me I wanna go!!!! lol

Come, come where the mint flies in magic enchantment
High up in the blue sky above you
Come, come where the scented mint, caresses you with a lovely altoid
While mouthwash is swishing, refresh you
aaaaaaah aaaaaaah aaaaaaaah
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:01 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I would be interested in urban exploration but it's easier if you have someone with you especially while trespassing to look out and stuff. I really love old abandoned/decaying places/ruins/industrial places. I've seen some really awesome photos of like abandoned power stations and hospitals before.

Weirdness is relative so lets go to the things I'm more embarrassed about instead. One is repetitively watching amv's like (spoilers):

I also read fanfiction though not as much as I did as a teenager. I usually go many months without.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

Call me morbid, call me pale
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I would be interested in urban exploration but it's easier if you have someone with you especially while trespassing to look out and stuff. I really love old abandoned/decaying places ruins industrial places. I've seen some really awesome photos of like abandoned power stations and hospitals before.
One time when I was a kid I was out with my buddies and there was an old abandoned prison near the woods. Some of my buddies dared me to try to sneak inside. We approached one of the entrances and someone already had grinded or cut a hole through the door. Anyway, we squeezed through the hole and with our lighters navigated around the place and found an access to the roof. We climbed up to the roof and had a few beers; it was pretty fun. I used to love doing devious ****.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: No Speak
My Mood: Amazed
Collecting BDSM equipment for no reason.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:21 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
One time when I was a kid I was out with my buddies and there was an old abandoned prison near the woods. Some of my buddies dared me to try to sneak inside. We approached one of the entrances and someone already had grinded or cut a hole through the door. Anyway, we squeezed through the hole and with our lighters navigated around the place and found an access to the roof. We climbed up to the roof and had a few beers; it was pretty fun. I used to love doing devious ****.
That does sound cool.

The closest I came was once with some people I hung out with we went to this abandoned railway warehouse though I say went there I walked past there a lot anyway daily to get to uni. I didn't actually go inside though because the ground floor was completely shut off some of the people I was with climbed in through the first floor though. I'm a bit short, I regret not trying though :/ I've seen photos of the inside online and it's cool:

Someone later set fire to it. I would occasionally catch drunk people wondering around there during the daytime, and I think there were homeless people who'd go there and do drugs and stuff.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.

🎸

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

@Persephone thedread those are some cool photos. What you mentioned about people drinking there was the first thing that came to mind. I could totally see people puffing joints and drinking in there.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984thesecond View Post
what is urban exploration? where is there to explore? i walk around the city a lot, but that's kind of normal.

veganism isn't unusual anymore. philosophy/ethics isn't very unusual either. i got nothing.
As implied by some other commenters, its explorinf abandoned structures like houses, schools, and prisons. Ive also seen people explore tunnels! There was one me and my friends used to frequent
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I would be interested in urban exploration but it's easier if you have someone with you especially while trespassing to look out and stuff. I really love old abandoned/decaying places/ruins/industrial places. I've seen some really awesome photos of like abandoned power stations and hospitals before.

Weirdness is relative so lets go to the things I'm more embarrassed about instead. One is repetitively watching amv's like (spoilers):

I also read fanfiction though not as much as I did as a teenager. I usually go many months without.
The few times ive gone i had a small group of people. In high school id get together groups of people that would go with me. I love collecting the objects left behind, or taking pictures of them and using the internet/public records to piece together who mightve lived there. Ive been in houses and tunnels but never a power station or anything like that! What was it like?
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:46 AM
Permanently Banned

Umm like
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:54 AM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
I did some urban exploration when I was a teenager. Ofc, I lived in the country, so it was just a bunch of abandoned farmhouses and barns and an old feed mill. (So, rural exploration.)

I'm trying to develop a more effective form of psychotherapy and a new subgenre of fiction.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:56 AM
SAS Member

Retro PCs. Thankfully I never threw out any of my old hardware, so it makes it a lot cheaper. lol

always lonely..
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 AM
I'm not OK (I promise)

@Shy extrovert

I think you misunderstood my post, I've never been to an abandoned power station, just seen some cool photos online like:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mar...iw=320&bih=450

Quote:

🎸

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
@Shy extrovert

I think you misunderstood my post, I've never been to an abandoned power station
Oh youre right! Sorry, i have a bad habit of skimming
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM
Tired

Language: English
Don't have too many hobbies. It is something I need to start building up again.

Fragrances, going to the gym, making jewellery (though I don't do this any more, gave up cos neck), think that's the full list. Making jewellery would be unusual though I suppose.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:55 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

And everyone who lives in or near New Orleans market street power station who isn't trying to get in there and film like a music video or a YouTube video or something is seriously missing out that place is one of those most awesome looking places on the planet.

Looks like something from the set of Blade Runner 2049 or a Mako reactor.

Quote:

🎸

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 04:04 PM
Gone and not returning.

We do have some really kickass looking abandoned areas in town (old mason lodge - looks like a church from outside, an orphanage, old tunnel systems) but they're usually in parts of town where if you park your car it'll be gone in fifteen. I've wandered around the area in daylight but too many cops and homeless people in the way. A woman in my area used to document it all.

Hobbies that might be unusual - I assemble pocketknives from kits (basically doing the job of a Chinese factory worker lol) which I enjoy because I can get it to just the right pressure and fit. The neighbors probably hate all the hammering.
I also cast runes for fun.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 03:38 AM
SAS Member

Analyzing and investigating stuff, lol.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
Wow, the most i ever explored the world on my own was when i walked a couple hundred feet from my parents to explore a hotdog stand.

Anyway the closest thing i have to a hobby is this bottle of cough syrup sitting in my draws lol... i'm looking into lucid dreaming though, its actually quite a lot of fun but it is really hard to learn lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page