Type What You're Thinking About Right Now - Page 636 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #12701 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:06 AM
In Liquidation

It's always surprises me how some people that I least expected to, will remember things about myself I mentioned quickly to them about in passing. Even things that are small and insignificant. Weeks or months later they will bring up "yeah I remember you said you blah blah blah right?"

Meanwhile people I am much closer to and I expect them to remember, they will completely forget significant things about me, or even things between us that I myself see as fond and huge memories.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12702 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Need to transfer a grand over to savings and need to maintain a grand in cash for my emergency fund. I also need to start online banking....maybe 5 grand starting off then 10.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #12703 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:50 PM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
I really hate how the dumpsters for my apartment building are on the bedroom side of the building. There is one window right next to the recycling bins. The 2 apartments above it can hear everything I'm sure. Makes me feel bad to dump out my recycling late at night. Glass bottles and cans go bang bang. But if do it during normal hours I risk running in to my neighbors.

I get woken up every Monday morning when the recycling dump trucks come. I also have to hear the neighboring building's stuff being picked up since they put their stuff on opposite side even though it's a twin of our building (but different owner). My building uses 2 normal bins for the recycling but that building has a full on dumpster. And the garbage guys have to pull it very far (40 feet?) to the alleyway. OMG. SO LOUD.
I'd say our dumpster is about 35 feet away from where I sleep. My room is on the other side of the building and it still wakes me up when they pick up the trash. The garbage trucks here are enormous. They don't look so big from a distance but they're probably about half the size of a semi truck with it's trailer.

Anyway, the engines sound almost like locomotive engines when they drive by. Then when they back up, it's a light and siren show. Banging and clanging and "I'M BACKING UP!" sirens and engine revving. You can hear them even when they're all the way on the other side of the complex. You pretty much can't miss them.

And then the actual houses down the street from here. They all sit their garbage out by the road and the trash guys come along and leave a trail of turned over and upside down green trash cans in their path. If two cars are going in opposite directions on one of those streets, it's an obstacle course where one car will have to pull into the space between two overturned garbage cans on the side of the road so the other car can get through.

/WYSD
post #12704 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:59 PM
-

When it comes down to it, I really don't know what I'm living for...maybe future prospects that could solve a good portion of my current problems, but that isn't helping for me at this moment. If anything, I get more upset. It's all an illusion called hope.
post #12705 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
When it comes down to it, I really don't know what I'm living for...maybe future prospects that could solve a good portion of my current problems, but that isn't helping for me at this moment. If anything, I get more upset. It's all an illusion called hope.
post #12706 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:14 PM
SAS Member

I feel avoidant and lacking in desire when it comes to talking to people online.

It's much easier to talk to people in person.

I can't even bring myself to reply to single posts, but in person, I could have a proper, lengthy convo. It flows more naturally.
post #12707 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Aww.

"Drifting and autocross is for the weak. We only do maximum velocity." - Unknown

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"Respect is a two way street, not a one way road. Give it and receive it." - Anonymous
post #12708 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:23 PM
-

Quote:
Adding to that - the saddest part is that for some 'hopes' I know have a very small chance on happening. I know the reality and trying to accept it. But for God's sake, for at least a few times in my life, can I just be proven wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Thank you. I'm not in the best place right now, as if it weren't obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
Aww.
Thanks.
post #12709 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:33 PM
SAS Member

Where's the rum in this rum & raisin fudge and where was the ****ing raisins in the last two pieces I ate? Nice fudge, but it ain't what it say's on the tin. lol
post #12710 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:43 PM
SAS Member

I don't know what posses me to meet some folks. Loneliness and boredom I guess.

I take a look at some folks and say yep, nutter, then meet them, and yep, red flags galore. Then hear stories, and it's confirmed even more.

Some of the **** people come out with, ****ing hell.
post #12711 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:58 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Notorious D.B.L View Post
I don't know what posses me to meet some folks. Loneliness and boredom I guess.

I take a look at some folks and say yep, nutter, then meet them, and yep, red flags galore. Then hear stories, and it's confirmed even more.

Some of the **** people come out with, ****ing hell.
The last time I tried to go to a meetup I met the lady that was wanting to organise them for a coffee and made the mistake of asking how old she was.

She just said how old do you think I am - and unfortunately I told her what I actually thought - I said about 50. She said she was 41 and I never heard from her again about the group.

So I guess the moral of the story is never ask a woman how old she is - or if you do at least have the decency to lie when they ask you questions like that.
post #12712 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 04:19 PM

Definitely going to be a song on the VS runway.

In the woods they found.
post #12713 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Adding to that - the saddest part is that for some 'hopes' I know have a very small chance on happening. I know the reality and trying to accept it. But for God's sake, for at least a few times in my life, can I just be proven wrong?
You and me both.

Quote:
Thanks.
No problem. You know where to find me if you need to chat.

"Drifting and autocross is for the weak. We only do maximum velocity." - Unknown

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"Respect is a two way street, not a one way road. Give it and receive it." - Anonymous
post #12714 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
post #12715 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha View Post
I guess my grievances donít matter, Iíll have to find a way to work out this inner rage
Oh man, I hope you can find piece my friend.

post #12716 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:21 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
A pretty cool new project is being developed by one of the youtubers I watch, 8-bit guy. It is a simple 6502 based computer, much like the old commodore 64s but expanded a bit upon, and I am really hoping to see this eventually for sale and that it takes off. There is just something about a computer, that is easy to program that I find really appealing, plus the nostalgia factor. Java is fine for me, but there are so many layers of abstraction, I would like to get down to the nitty gritty of the computer, and really understand what I am doing.

Here's a link to the video for any of you interested:

It feels like ages that I have been waiting for a similar project, a new "old" computer, called the vampire, which is more or less an Amiga. It likewise looks fascinating, and I would love to see the old operating system being pushed to pentium speeds

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #12717 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Dead
Some people aren't meant to ever have it easy, or to ever have it at all.
post #12718 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:01 PM
green and blue

Where are my magpies? D:
post #12719 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:28 PM
The Groat King

Anus
post #12720 of 13537 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
Anus
Care to elaborate on that.