Type What You're Thinking About Right Now - Page 611 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #12201 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Tired

Language: English
I went to the GP a couple of weeks ago, he did a test and it said I was severely depressed. He referred me to the local CMHT. Today I got a rejection letter. That isn't enough now. You have to be a drug addict, have enduring personality problems (I do, supposedly), be homeless, have been admitted to psychiatric hospital twice (not sure how you even get admitted to psychiatric hospitals, I would have assumed it would be through the local CMHT), or not respond to GP medications (me).

It's atm just wall to wall rejection and people turning me down when I try to seek help. **** this country. My psychologist said she would be monitoring her emails this week, sent her one the other day, no response there either. It's like the universe wants me dead or something.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12202 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
She's not very fond of people coughing or sneezing (much worse) in her vicinity mate. Pretty much always gets a reaction - and not a very positive one
Oh.

Zera.
post #12203 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:41 AM

@SplendidBob

Sorry to hear mate.

Sounds like cost issues (government department has a limited budget), where only taking worst cases. Also possibly legal (Human Rights) where worse cases have priority.

Usually in cases like that you have to pay yourself. It is thē same down these ways. Usually find private contractors are ex government workers, so get the same or sometimes better level of service.

Zera.
post #12204 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
An alligator got loose in the downtown area not too far away from here. Think it went after someone in a boat. Lol
post #12205 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:00 AM
Born Of Blotmonaš

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
I went to the GP a couple of weeks ago, he did a test and it said I was severely depressed. He referred me to the local CMHT. Today I got a rejection letter. That isn't enough now. You have to be a drug addict, have enduring personality problems (I do, supposedly), be homeless, have been admitted to psychiatric hospital twice (not sure how you even get admitted to psychiatric hospitals, I would have assumed it would be through the local CMHT), or not respond to GP medications (me).

It's atm just wall to wall rejection and people turning me down when I try to seek help. **** this country. My psychologist said she would be monitoring her emails this week, sent her one the other day, no response there either. It's like the universe wants me dead or something.
When I was last unemployed due to my anxiety and depression I went to apply for gov’t assistance for those with such issues...after explaining/going over everything I was basically told I’m under qualified...or in other words not crazy or suicidal enough to qualify. Essentially whatever I said and could prove I seem too “functional” to not just be able to suck it up and get on with what I need to do. I was also told the waiting list for a psychiatrists was too long to get me on as well. I’d literally endured a panic attack in the lobby waiting to be seen(as is par for the course for me in any public waiting rooms) just to hear that BS.

That was my final straw with the health care system and mental health treatment. Between the alchemy of addictive pills, their sporadic dosage changes, & their lists of side effects without actual effectiveness for any of my issues, the alchemy of diagnosis in which I’ve had probably 6 between different docs, the fact that therapy sessions not only didn’t change my mentality in the face of the truth of real world interactions with people and the fact that telling a perpetually poor person to think positive is a ridiculously hard sell I’m just not having any of it anymore.

Now I just cope on my own as best I can. I know we live in the age of “open mental heath” talk they say but if you try to get help and find so many dead ends and rude or judgemental people that idea loses its lustre pretty quick. I know you’re trying to work on yourself so I don’t to be discouraging but when I see/hear someone has had a similar experience to me trying to get help my anger about it comes straight to the fore
post #12206 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
@SplendidBob

Sorry to hear mate.

Sounds like cost issues (government department has a limited budget), where only taking worst cases. Also possibly legal (Human Rights) where worse cases have priority.

Usually in cases like that you have to pay yourself. It is thē same down these ways. Usually find private contractors are ex government workers, so get the same or sometimes better level of service.
It is, but unforutunately here private psychs cost like £200 per hour, and you have to go through the standard bs trying to get soemthing other than SSRI's from them. The ridiculous thing is I even qualify based on what they wrote back, but they decided I didn't.

My psychologist was supposed to be watching her emails though, and she hasn't replied. So its my GF, the NHS, and now my psychologist all deserting me in the last two weeks. I am basically back in my old life, which I find totally unbearable now, there isn't anyone I can have a decent chat with because of what happened why my ex's ex. Most of my friends are gone now. It's basically torture as I am not even an introvert.

post #12207 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:18 AM

@SplendidBob

That is true, they aren't cheap.

Usually can get a doctor to assess and provide what you need if a long term illness (cheaper).

It is common down these ways (British Colony) for people to not reply by email and have to phone or visit to get än answer to questions. Just old school I guess as most thät act that way are older.

I know thät feeling, as happens to most of us when get older as sets of friends change when have partners, kids, people move to diffrent places to start fresh, etc. Single people are usually put into a seperate basket so to speak.

Zera.
post #12208 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Born Of Blotmonaš

Type What You're Thinking About Right Now

My thoughts on many Christians I’ve encountered in my life
post #12209 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha View Post
When I was last unemployed due to my anxiety and depression I went to apply for gov’t assistance for those with such issues...after explaining/going over everything I was basically told I’m under qualified...or in other words not crazy or suicidal enough to qualify. Essentially whatever I said and could prove I seem too “functional” to not just be able to suck it up and get on with what I need to do. I was also told the waiting list for a psychiatrists was too long to get me on as well. I’d literally endured a panic attack in the lobby waiting to be seen(as is par for the course for me in any public waiting rooms) just to hear that BS.

That was my final straw with the health care system and mental health treatment. Between the alchemy of addictive pills, their sporadic dosage changes, & their lists of side effects without actual effectiveness for any of my issues, the alchemy of diagnosis in which I’ve had probably 6 between different docs, the fact that therapy sessions not only didn’t change my mentality in the face of the truth of real world interactions with people and the fact that telling a perpetually poor person to think positive is a ridiculously hard sell I’m just not having any of it anymore.

Now I just cope on my own as best I can. I know we live in the age of “open mental heath” talk they say but if you try to get help and find so many dead ends and rude or judgemental people that idea loses its lustre pretty quick. I know you’re trying to work on yourself so I don’t to be discouraging but when I see/hear someone has had a similar experience to me trying to get help my anger about it comes straight to the fore
Not discouraging at all mate, its weirdly reassuring to hear this from someone else. It angers me as well. Honestly, if you are feeling suicidal, and you get a letter like that, it's just worded so awfully, and dishonestly, almost placing the blame on the person suffering. And don't even get me started on benefits. I actually qualified for PIP a few years back. Because I improved via therapy I had to have a reassessment, but it was absolutely clear from the outset the guy was determined I wouldn't get it. My neck problem at that point was so bad I couldn't look down, but I was disqualified on account of "being able to peel a potato", thereby meeting all my nutritional needs. Only one potato mind. I actually didn't think I deserved to qualify, realistically at the time.. but I got like 0 points, down from 12 the 2 years previously. I came away and it was like "yeh, there's nothing wrong with you at all, it's all your fault".

****ing infuriating, and pretty disgusting.

At least they could be open about what the problem is. "We had to turn you away in favour of people in more need since there is a lack of funding atm" - is that so hard? But no, its basically "you need to develop a drug addiction, then we will help you"

I am not the neediest case, certainly, though.. but they don't even signpost to any other resources, and the ones they use are ****. It's all total ****ing ****, wrapped up in a plastic veneer of customer service and PR to make people think things are fine.

****s.

/rant.

post #12210 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
An alligator got loose in the downtown area not too far away from here. Think it went after someone in a boat. Lol
Quick, call Mick Dundee as that is the one that went after his boat too.

Zera.
post #12211 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:45 AM
Tired

Well, I somehow managed to record a presentation today, at least. Grateful for them letting me do that, actually doing a presentation I couldn't have done atm even drugged off my head.

It was total arse, though, I am sure. But only worth 10% of the final mark. Now I need to somehow get my **** together enough to write another 4000 or so words in the next two weeks. Or defer. Deferring isn't what I want, because if there is one thing I am certain of I have to get out of this mess of a life I am in now. I feel like this can flip in one of two directions now, either I somehow find the strength to finish the job, or it's done, because going back is too hellish.

post #12212 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:14 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Quick, call Mick Dundee as that is the one that went after his boat too.
He'll know what to do.
post #12213 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:30 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
now that my feelings have come back, music is pretty sublime

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #12214 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:34 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
I ruin everything
post #12215 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
He'll know what to do.

Zera.
post #12216 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 05:23 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doubtful
I'm feeling messed up in the head for so many reasons! I love being alone but when I look around me, I think my life is passing me by. Having a lover wouldnt be so bad. And my anxiety is getting the best of me. I wish I could take a trip to the otherside without anyone noticing. I am feeling a bit suicidal too.
post #12217 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:46 PM
Born Of Blotmonaš

post #12218 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:50 AM
SAS Member

I never got small talk. My family was big on it. I thought it was just low class gossip. At least what they rambled on about. Still do, to be honest. As much of an arsehole as I am, there is just another level of bitterness, jealousy, and vitriol in their talk. I think this negative attitude ****s me though. Talking about nothing with anyone is about one of the most useful skills a person can have in their lives. The topic is irrelevant. Just as long as you can spit bars as the day is long. The most meaningful conversations are the meaningless ones. I wish I had realized that before. Somebody sent me a "hey" today. Sadly, pathetic self I am, I went to the internet to look how to reply to it. I can't divorce any sort of speech from something calculating. Too much thought can wreck a person.
post #12219 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 04:17 AM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Lol I thought this was a joke but his account actually was suspended:

You can't suspend the personal account of the future US president:

https://twitter.com/GamerPres2020/st...41389203398656

lol: https://twitter.com/mannyfresh2099/s...63631302238215

'Well I rolled a 3 so I go... 6 spaces?'

'No why would you go 6?'

'Because I'm the car'

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj ˇi˛ek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

Call me morbid, call me pale
post #12220 of 12703 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:07 AM
SAS Member

I woke up to this disembodied voice saying "it's okay, it's alright" over and over. Seems I passed out to some of that asmr bull****. She lied though. I then and now really need to vomit. Also, I passed out lying on my headphone and it stabbed my ear greatly and still hurts like a *****. I suppose now is a good enough time for sobriety.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page