Type What You're Thinking About Right Now - Page 51 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1001 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 PM
manic in Bali
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
That’s one of the reasons why I want to go! I’ve seen they have lots of small bookshops. My ideal first date would be to go to a bookshop, find a book and just go walking in a park and find ourselves laying down enjoying the sun while we’re both enjoying a book. Afterwards have a picnic. So I’ve always had a special spot for Central Park in New York because it seems like a great place to do that.
But yea, I would still want to go during winter to see Rockefeller Center with the big Christmas tree.
Yeah that sounds like a good date. Would be a great place to be with someone special. Hope you can do that one day.
harrison is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1002 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 PM
manic in Bali
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Yeah, NYC is colder than London in winter, and hotter in summer. The east coast and center parts of America have extreme, harsh climates. West coast is much better but unfortunately the rent/home prices are super expensive on the west coast.

I grew up mostly in Los Angeles (which might be similar to Australia), so I never experienced horrible weather until I moved to Japan. It was less than pleasant to to say the least. They are real proud of having 4 seasons but I can do without all that. The heaters are crappy in Japan.

I will say that in NYC, they heat most apartments very well. I was walking around in my underwear at home for most of winter. By law, the landlord has to pay for it and keep it to a certain temperature. If they don't and a tenant complains, then they have to pay a fine for every day that the building is not properly heated. So I was much warmer inside my apartment in NYC than in San Francisco.

https://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/s...r-requirements

Yeah - that sounds good in New York, although they should make it so you can turn the heaters off when you don't need them. That'd drive me nuts otherwise.

Was interesting having a look at that thread too - a number of the people had been banned. And also Daveboy was telling you about the heaters there - he was a great guy, we used to chat on Skype sometimes. I think from memory he lived in upstate New York.

Yeah - we don't get that cold here. You've got to go up into the ski areas for the snow. I'm not into all that.
harrison is offline  
post #1003 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:31 PM
SAS Member
 
the cheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 8,526
Marijuana is now legal in Canada. I just bought a quarter ounce of weed, legally. Amazing.

They say it doesn't hurt.

-Carl McCunn
the cheat is offline  
post #1004 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 10:46 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic
 
tehuti88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: At the bottom of Lake Algonquin (Michigan)
Language: English
Gender: Female
Age: 42
Posts: 27,018
My Mood: Crappy
 
Go figure, after the trouble I went to to join, after being rejected in the sub for forever alone people, and then in the sub for 30+ forever alone people, they don't like/want me in the private sub for forever alone women, either. I guess this was the true test of things, that the guys here were right, I'm an anomaly, I'm not a "real" woman, I don't belong anywhere, especially not among other unwanted people.

I'm a trash human being. I've never made any difference. I've never done one good or useful thing in this world, especially not as a so-called "woman." All I've done is bother people. I used to think, if I tried to be good, even if nobody ever loved me (and I'm resigned to this now, no one ever will love me), maybe still, someday, some goodness would come back to me. Only s*** comes back to me. That must mean I'm nothing but s***.

I'm no longer surprised. Only crushed. I'm filling up with hate now (why not?--love does me no good, I'm never going to experience that) to realize I wasted 42 years tormenting myself, crying myself to sleep alone, trying to achieve something impossible, to fit in, to be wanted by somebody, somewhere. And I can't even complain about my loneliness/pain without people hating me even more.

People really shouldn't exist if they have no place in the world or in anyone's heart. If all they are is trash.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

***

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

***

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
tehuti88 is offline  
post #1005 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:44 PM
manic in Bali
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
 
Go figure, after the trouble I went to to join, after being rejected in the sub for forever alone people, and then in the sub for 30+ forever alone people, they don't like/want me in the private sub for forever alone women, either. I guess this was the true test of things, that the guys here were right, I'm an anomaly, I'm not a "real" woman, I don't belong anywhere, especially not among other unwanted people.

I'm a trash human being. I've never made any difference. I've never done one good or useful thing in this world, especially not as a so-called "woman." All I've done is bother people. I used to think, if I tried to be good, even if nobody ever loved me (and I'm resigned to this now, no one ever will love me), maybe still, someday, some goodness would come back to me. Only s*** comes back to me. That must mean I'm nothing but s***.

I'm no longer surprised. Only crushed. I'm filling up with hate now (why not?--love does me no good, I'm never going to experience that) to realize I wasted 42 years tormenting myself, crying myself to sleep alone, trying to achieve something impossible, to fit in, to be wanted by somebody, somewhere. And I can't even complain about my loneliness/pain without people hating me even more.

People really shouldn't exist if they have no place in the world or in anyone's heart. If all they are is trash.

That's awful Tehuti - you're not trash at all. It's just that you're looking in the wrong places. (no offence) Those people are just arseholes - you shouldn't be wasting your time with them. They're obviously not even worth talking to.

PS. I can understand why you would try though - it's much the same as why we all come on here, because we're lonely.
harrison is offline  
post #1006 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:50 PM
.
 
Mondo_Fernando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,685
@tehuti88

Nah, you are are a cool person.

Done lots of things (writing, etc), had lots of adventures (your road trips in post's, Mackinac? island as another ēxample).

Not alone with the crying when feel alone, as I cry sometimes too.

Like now I'm sitting in the dark alone, typing this post. I'm upset thät you feel the way you do and not sure what I can do.

Zera.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1007 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Estoylistoparalamuerte
 
SofaKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Someplace sofaking awesome
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,879
My Mood: Lonely
I didn't think I'd feel this way, ever...but I'm starting to identify with others (here and who has passed) that are struggling with the daily emotional pain they are finding it increasingly difficult to endure.

There is the subtle transition from being able to come up with rational ways of solving problems and accepting alternative solutions to feeling like it's all a lost cause...and the only thing that's left is to figure out how to best manage the chronic pain to accepting more extreme solutions, as irrational as they may seem.

My heart is heavy for any of us who are reaching these depths of despair without a specific solution or relief in sight.

May we all continue to find the strength to soldier on.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall
SofaKing is offline  
post #1008 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:24 AM
Off the Deep End
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Area 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
I didn't think I'd feel this way, ever...but I'm starting to identify with others (here and who has passed) that are struggling with the daily emotional pain they are finding it increasingly difficult to endure.

There is the subtle transition from being able to come up with rational ways of solving problems and accepting alternative solutions to feeling like it's all a lost cause...and the only thing that's left is to figure out how to best manage the chronic pain to accepting more extreme solutions, as irrational as they may seem.

My heart is heavy for any of us who are reaching these depths of despair without a specific solution or relief in sight.

May we all continue to find the strength to soldier on.
I definitely hear that. A few days ago I really felt to have been in the dumps and seeing how others would catch on with it while having fear (because they don't understand) makes it all the more isolating. "Take a pill" and "you have to think more positively" can only do so much. If I am to be honest - going by the first advice in some ways made it worse long-term, not better. I wouldn't know too much about the second advice, otherwise I would follow through with it. Some days the thoughts of 'how' I would go become impulsive. I don't take pleasure in having a chemical imbalance that sometimes takes away the most basic motives that others would deem you to be 'slow' (though more explicit term). I am aware of it. It's so easy to be on the other side and view a depressed person as lazy and insane. Being on the other end is not that different, only it brings further shame which enhances the behavior, in my opinion.

Sorry that I'm not really adding anything to lighten the situation. Just saying the outer surface of how it seems to be because it's a recent (present) reality.
CNikki is offline  
post #1009 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Untitled
 
Overdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: France
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANX1 View Post
@Overdrive

Drifting with similar hp to my car -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNN7N9mim1U

Gives you an idea how fun it is.

That's impressive mate !.


Overdrive is offline  
post #1010 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Estoylistoparalamuerte
 
SofaKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Someplace sofaking awesome
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,879
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
I definitely hear that. A few days ago I really felt to have been in the dumps and seeing how others would catch on with it while having fear (because they don't understand) makes it all the more isolating. "Take a pill" and "you have to think more positively" can only do so much. If I am to be honest - going by the first advice in some ways made it worse long-term, not better. I wouldn't know too much about the second advice, otherwise I would follow through with it. Some days the thoughts of 'how' I would go become impulsive. I don't take pleasure in having a chemical imbalance that sometimes takes away the most basic motives that others would deem you to be 'slow' (though more explicit term). I am aware of it. It's so easy to be on the other side and view a depressed person as lazy and insane. Being on the other end is not that different, only it brings further shame which enhances the behavior, in my opinion.

Sorry that I'm not really adding anything to lighten the situation. Just saying the outer surface of how it seems to be because it's a recent (present) reality.
Knowing, but really knowing that we aren't alone is enough to lighten the situation as there aren't many good or permanent ways of resolving it. There's only so much you can rationally come up with. I hate to think that misery loving company is a truthful axiom, it's unfortunate that there are others who have to share in this.

I've come up with ways of managing my SA so that it doesn't completely get in my way...but I'm now having to seek out other ways to manage this period in my life as well.

Thanks for listening and contributing.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall
SofaKing is offline  
post #1011 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:09 PM
PB & jelly fishes
 
Ekardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Tatooine
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,132

And the silent night will shatter
From the sounds inside my mind.
Ekardy is offline  
post #1012 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:16 PM
The Groat King
 
funnynihilist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 15,776
Saw a 7/11 brand pregnancy test for sale at a turnpike rest stop today. I mean who? Why? What????
funnynihilist is offline  
post #1013 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 PM
.
 
Mondo_Fernando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
That's impressive mate !.


That car has been bashed (scratched) a few times, so has taken some practice to get there.

Zera.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1014 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:58 PM
SAS Member
 
riverbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Gender: Female
Age: 33
Posts: 727
Standing in my old bedroom at my mom's house. I'm trying not to cry. So many bad memories here.

"Really, my message is simple.
It’s a message of compassion.
In this world that is spinning madly out of control,
we have to realize that we’re all related.
We have to try to live harmoniously."
– Woody Harrelson
riverbird is offline  
post #1015 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Irreversibly Invisible
 
firestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Age: 32
Posts: 4,179
My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbird View Post
Standing in my old bedroom at my mom's house. I'm trying not to cry. So many bad memories here.
I'm sorry to hear that.

An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.
firestar is offline  
post #1016 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 PM
.
 
Mondo_Fernando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
Some people just wing it and somehow get where they are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
Saw a 7/11 brand pregnancy test for sale at a turnpike rest stop today. I mean who? Why? What????
Sounds like every guy for a thousand miles thinks he is Elvis Presley (Congo movie, but monkeys instead of guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbird View Post
Standing in my old bedroom at my mom's house. I'm trying not to cry. So many bad memories here.
Awwww.

Zera.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1017 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 PM
.
 
Fun Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,470
I wonder how people are able to summon enough courage to video record themselve.

I was trying to record myself by reading out a little poem I had made but I couldn't do it. I was too soft spoken. My voice was also low. It wasn't even my "normal voice." The whole attempt stunk for me. I'm just not the type of person who is vocal or talkative. I mean I am but not when I'm put on the spot like some sort of tv interview or broadcasting. I'm more of a communicator through writing. My personality is seen in my writing but when I tried to speak on camera I'm like this shy closed up less expressive low tone person.


Anyway I may try record only my voice and not my whole self. Maybe this will help. But if my results are still the same then I'm just not cut out for video recording.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk
Fun Spirit is offline  
post #1018 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:07 PM
SAS Member
 
Cascades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne & Sydney
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,129
Sydney has been copping some heavy rain and few storms lately. I've never met someone as excited by this weather as much as myself. It's just so calming and comforting..

So come rain on my parade
'Cause I want to feel it
Come shove me over the edge
'Cause my head is in overdrive
Cascades is offline  
post #1019 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:13 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascades View Post
Sydney has been copping some heavy rain and few storms lately. I've never met someone as excited by this weather as much as myself. It's just so calming and comforting..


I got to walk in the rain today, it was kind of heavy and I stopped by the pond just soaking it in.
Suchness is online now  
post #1020 of 11979 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 PM
SAS Member
 
Cascades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne & Sydney
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I got to walk in the rain today, it was kind of heavy and I stopped by the pond just soaking it in.
Where was my invite huh?!

So come rain on my parade
'Cause I want to feel it
Come shove me over the edge
'Cause my head is in overdrive
Cascades is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
77 pound toddler among the youngest ever to be diagnosed with type II diabetes Cletis Society & Culture 10 09-19-2015 04:08 PM
do you ever just get really really lonely? Karla Coping With Social Anxiety 73 10-01-2013 01:14 AM
Please help me with my thinking about guys alohomora Relationships 10 10-30-2009 07:34 PM
Positive Thinking, the greatest Myth! hihoum Positive Thinking 22 08-30-2009 05:55 AM
Is your everyday too much like this? jenkydora Coping With Social Anxiety 15 10-04-2007 06:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome