Type What You're Thinking About Right Now - Page 1042 - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List
iAmCodeMonkey, Silent Memory

post #20821 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-22-2021, 02:35 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

Sometimes I vaguely wonder if anyone is ever referring to me when they post in the "what you'd like to say to a fellow SAS member" topic. :P But I also know that I don't ever stick around long enough to make much of an impression.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20822 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-22-2021, 05:28 PM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Online dating, is the weirdest **** ever. In the last two or three weeks I have experienced:

1. A woman getting angry because I asked her what beauty she saw in the world. She then unmatched when I didn't respond quickly enough (I assume)
2. A woman being keen, then when we got to whatsapp, just decided to randomly drop it
3. Today I managed, from start to finish to chat to a very beautiful woman, asked her out on a date, we were going to go on a walk, went to whatsapp and she started getting weirdly jealous about my best friend (who is a woman). Red flagged out of it.
4. A woman who matched, and told me she couldn't date me because I was too good looking.
5. Lots of ghosting, and fatigue

Its fun, in a sortof weird way, I need to get back to regular life though.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #20823 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-22-2021, 06:35 PM
😒🤡

I'm taking my vacation in July.
post #20824 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-22-2021, 06:36 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Online dating, is the weirdest **** ever. In the last two or three weeks I have experienced:

1. A woman getting angry because I asked her what beauty she saw in the world. She then unmatched when I didn't respond quickly enough (I assume)

2. A woman being keen, then when we got to whatsapp, just decided to randomly drop it

3. Today I managed, from start to finish to chat to a very beautiful woman, asked her out on a date, we were going to go on a walk, went to whatsapp and she started getting weirdly jealous about my best friend (who is a woman). Red flagged out of it.

4. A woman who matched, and told me she couldn't date me because I was too good looking.

5. Lots of ghosting, and fatigue

Its fun, in a sortof weird way, I need to get back to regular life though.
I was thinking of signing up again...your post is a reminder of what comes with it though, lol
post #20825 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-22-2021, 10:00 PM
Loathed Loiterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dream View Post
I'd look around for a decent car that you're able afford without taking out a loan, and then try to avoid paying full coverage. And I'd also just let um' gossip.

Yeah I am likely just going to try to get one where I can afford a full payment out the door. Insurance will probably be on the pricier side since I don't really have too clean of a driving record. Gossip = Triggers = Problems

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #20826 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-22-2021, 10:27 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

There’s a glut of Crate Amps for sale on Facebook & Kijiji...probably gonna take me a minute to sell unfortunately
post #20827 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 02:17 AM
customusertitle

What's with this clubhouse app thingie
suddenly exploded and I see people talking about it everywhere.
not sure if it's a local thing or a global thing though.
can't even try the app since it's by invitation only.

the truth may vary
post #20828 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 04:59 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
I saw a thing that said people should set their heat at 68 degrees in the Winter to save energy. IMO, that's insane! If it gets any cooler than about 75 it starts to feel uncomfortable. And in fact, a couple weeks ago, our furnace stopped working for a couple days and the temperature dropped to about 70 pretty fast (but didn't get much colder because I guess the place is well insulated). And yeah. 70 degrees is noticeably uncomfortable without socks and a long sleeve shirt. Which I have never liked wearing socks unless I'm wearing shoes as well. When I'm just relaxing, having socks on my feet is too uncomfortable.

/WYSD
post #20829 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 07:08 AM
Alien

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post
What's with this clubhouse app thingie
suddenly exploded and I see people talking about it everywhere.
not sure if it's a local thing or a global thing though.
can't even try the app since it's by invitation only.
Yeah I never keep up with new mostly for phone social apps. I'm mostly stuck in 2010-2012~ technologically (and in other ways.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #20830 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 07:41 AM
customusertitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Yeah I never keep up with new mostly for phone social apps. I'm mostly stuck in 2010-2012~ technologically (and in other ways.)
Yeah, lol, a lot of social media makes me feel old.

This one seems like an audio-only app though, which seems like a nightmare for me, lol. Not sure how anyone can prefer that over text.

the truth may vary
post #20831 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 07:59 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I saw a thing that said people should set their heat at 68 degrees in the Winter to save energy. IMO, that's insane! If it gets any cooler than about 75 it starts to feel uncomfortable. And in fact, a couple weeks ago, our furnace stopped working for a couple days and the temperature dropped to about 70 pretty fast (but didn't get much colder because I guess the place is well insulated). And yeah. 70 degrees is noticeably uncomfortable without socks and a long sleeve shirt. Which I have never liked wearing socks unless I'm wearing shoes as well. When I'm just relaxing, having socks on my feet is too uncomfortable.
I started reading this (since I don't know what fahrenheit temperatures are like) thinking: "oh yeah, I like it nice and toasty too, idk how people can bear cold houses". And then I did the conversions! It's the 70F in my room right now, I'm in a full winter uniform of a wool sweater and thick woolen socks.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #20832 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 09:54 AM
Permanently An Idiot

My Mood: Lurking
TIL sudoku is not called sudoku in Japan

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
post #20833 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 10:17 AM
Ai
404 Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWelshOne View Post
TIL sudoku is not called sudoku in Japan
What do they call it?

Quote:
I usually keep the thermostat somewhere in that general range. Not necessarily to be precious about energy consumption, but just because it's seems unnecessary. I'd rather it be a little bit chilly than stifling. I just wear sweaters and carry around blankets. lol (I can't stand wearing socks casually either. Sensory thing.)

J, on the other hand, moved here from a generally warmer climate and he is a giant baby about "cold." So the thermostat volleys throughout the day, depending upon who's home doing what. He'd keep it at a solid 80 degrees if left entirely to his own devices. :P
post #20834 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 10:22 AM
Permanently An Idiot

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai View Post
What do they call it?
ナンプレ/nanpure, apparently from 'number play'

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
post #20835 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 10:29 AM
Ai
404 Not Found

It seems like a lot of regulars have been permabanned since I was last active. o_0 What kind of chaos have you all been up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWelshOne View Post
ナンプレ/nanpure, apparently from 'number play'
Huh. Okay.
post #20836 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 11:17 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Someone, and how much he makes me smile.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #20837 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 11:33 AM
waiting to bloom

hope today goes well. nervous excitement feelings.
post #20838 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 12:01 PM
SAS Member

Language: English and some others
My Mood: Lonely
I don't know what I'm doing with my life right now. I feel lonely but also don't feel like talking to anyone or seeing anyone. Also that I should work on my master degree's thesis which I've been procrastinating for months.

顺其自然
post #20839 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 12:22 PM
😒🤡

Quote:
That does seem like it would be too cold. If it makes you feel comfortable to have it warmer I wouldnt really care about it saving too much unless you can't afford to have a higher bill. But that would suck.

So you're not a socks person either huh? lol I like going barefoot so I'm always like that around the house. So much better. Plus I dont want dirty socks. But mainly cause I just dont like socks on my feet.

Speaking of the weather, I only wore my pjs like twice this Winter so I've been wearing shorts all Winter. The heater has been on almost constantly this Winter so I would burn up and have to turn my AC on. Its been making the lightbill a bit high but screw burning up. It feels like 90 degrees with the heater on constantly.
post #20840 of 20940 (permalink) Old 02-23-2021, 03:40 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Type What You're Thinking About Right Now

All the years I spent shaking my head at friends that were with women they’d say they liked but annoyed them regularly...it rarely seemed to me that getting laid was worth all the other BS/nonsense that came with it...now here I am spending time listening to rants about things I want nothing to do with, don’t care about, or don’t know anything about, helping her or doing her favours, dealing with the fallouts of all her various roommates, breathing in her cigarette smoke, knowing full well she’s crazy(no exaggeration) & all because I got laid...her being the gal next door obviously has a lot to do with it, not like I can just see her here or there, & she can be so cute with her dogs, & her pups love me, & she can amuse me sometimes...but it terrifies me the things she knows about me now, & the way she can just read & crucify me if she wants to...I’ve never been keen on being vulnerable with anyone on purpose, anxiety/depression feel like exposed vulnerabilities anyone can cut me with already...yet here I am, just like all the friends I shook my head at, ranting about a woman that is so different from me, that annoys me regularly, & that I like...no clue if we are couple, or just friends with benefits, how long it’ll last...it’s all just chaos, confusion, & commingling in a haze of herb & hooch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page