Type What You're Thinking About Right Now - Page 101 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #2001 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 AM

@scintilla

Not sure if venting or want an answer.

But if deeply / truely in love it takes years to overcome and can break down, etc. Sometimes can love someone, but they don't love back. More they don't leave due to they don't want to be alone (which could be why he is wanting to date so soon after). Usually ẃhy they stay in the relationship.

Would take time to heal before jumping into another relationship.

Zera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2002 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 AM
In Liquidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
That's terrible! How did that happen? Did you have travel insurance?
No, since I wasn't even traveling out of the country. But never thought of buying travel insurances in general now that you mention it. Maybe I will if I travel far and for long.

It was obviously a stupid idea to carry that much cash around which I didn't want to and I was against it, but I was at a situation where I had to due to family reasons where I was pressured to give the cash a gift.. long story yada yada. It's unfair especially I knew to not to do so, but I was made to and people that made me aren't taking responsibility and are now blaming me. And doubt police are doing much about it or can do much about it. And no way I am flying there again even if they somehow have leads. Life is just plain unfair for some is all I can say.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #2003 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:11 AM
saudades

&
post #2004 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:30 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
No, since I wasn't even traveling out of the country. But never thought of buying travel insurances in general now that you mention it. Maybe I will if I travel far and for long.

It was obviously a stupid idea to carry that much cash around which I didn't want to and I was against it, but I was at a situation where I had to due to family reasons where I was pressured to give the cash a gift.. long story yada yada. It's unfair especially I knew to not to do so, but I was made to and people that made me aren't taking responsibility and are now blaming me. And doubt police are doing much about it or can do much about it. And no way I am flying there again even if they somehow have leads. Life is just plain unfair for some is all I can say.
Sorry to hear that happened to you - and yeah, I know what you mean about not even thinking about travel insurance. (It's easy for me to ask - but that's now that I'm at least trying to be more sensible. I've travelled so many times and rarely had travel insurance, which was very silly of me.) I can understand why you wouldn't bother if you weren't going overseas.

We live and learn I guess.
post #2005 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:13 AM

@scintilla

You're welcome.

Oh, ok. That is ok. It is your private business.

I think in this type of scenario female friends, girls night out is needed. Something to possibly keep your mind of it. Or a big tub of ice cream and a good cry.

I don't see why you still can't be friends with his family. Unless it makes it awkward for his family if he dates someone new.

Meet many potential mister rights and learn along the way what makes up mister perfect. Seen it too many times with female friends to not believe it. But I can sort of see you are a one man woman, so maybe that doesn't apply to you.

In saying that I'm older, been in that type scenario years ago (known family, etc). Years later I'm still alone. Maybe I shouldn't be saying anything?

Zera.
post #2006 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:48 PM

Language: sarcasm
Need to get up but my cat is sleeping on my lap. I don't want to disturb him

Oh! Also I came up with an idea but maybe I should wait until it gets warmer. But I was thinking I could fill my balcony with plants but position it and maybe even make a perch such that my cat could hide in the plants. I think he would enjoy that.
post #2007 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Argh

I feel unloved, unwanted...isolated.
Iím trying to keep to my optimistic side but itís becoming difficult.
Iím difficult, Iím stubborn, who would want me?

Honestly I need someone to hold me and tell me itís going to be okay.

All I see are tomorrows
post #2008 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Lonely Misanthrope

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
Iím trying to keep to my optimistic side but itís becoming difficult.
Iím difficult, Iím stubborn, who would want me?

Honestly I need someone to hold me and tell me itís going to be okay.
Same. Well, I lost my optimistic side long ago, but all the rest of it. Sorry you're feeling so bad too.

Now I'm Nothing
post #2009 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by twytarn View Post
Same. Well, I lost my optimistic side long ago, but all the rest of it. Sorry you're feeling so bad too.
Thanks, and Iím sorry you feel the same.

All I see are tomorrows
post #2010 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
I’m trying to keep to my optimistic side but it’s becoming difficult.
I’m difficult, I’m stubborn, who would want me?

Honestly I need someone to hold me and tell me it’s going to be okay.
Awww.

In addition, very passionate, sweet, etc (even if you do argue, cute way in doing so and you try not to hurt the person which is something different). At least that is my impression of your personality. No one person is perfēct, not even me. It is the ability for one to calm down and forgive genuinely (not a routine). Speaks volumes about someones personality.

I think need an upbeat song for distraction -

Quote:
Originally Posted by twytarn View Post

Zera.
post #2011 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:58 PM

Language: sarcasm
phew. feel a lot better about my finances after reviewing some stuff. I think I'm going to dedicate 2019 to saving money and fixing any other money issues.
post #2012 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 03:22 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I think I'm a likeable sorta fella, if my brain would keep quiet I'd be fine, its like that drill instructor from full metal jacket is screamin in my brain all the time "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMBNUTS" XD

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #2013 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 03:27 AM
saudades

This guy I know took his own life. He was a fellow student in my classes. I wasn't close with him, but I did get to know him more and more over the past few years and really liked him. Whenever we had to do group work we were always in the same group together. He was always really kind to me, to everyone. And he had the best dead pan humour.

Last year, the week before Christmas, he came into class one morning and placed a small Christmas gift on the edge of my desk. It was a small tin of mints. It had an image of two cartoon characters dancing, and over top the text, "Es ist so schŲn, dass es Dich gibt." (It is so nice that you exist). At first I thought it was a mistake, since we never hung out outside of class. Then I noticed he had placed little gifts (magnets with text) on the desk of a couple of other classmates, his friends. We enthusiastically thanked him and his face turned bright red and he very shyly played it off like it was no big deal. It was a really sweet and kind gesture.

Some months later, on his birthday, he invited everyone from class to come celebrate with him in his dorm room. I wished him a happy birthday but I didn't feel like going because a lot of them are younger than me, I didn't know anyone very well and I just felt uncomfortable. So I stayed in and made dinner/watched a movie in my room. At around 7:00 there was a knock on my door and it was him. A lot of people were upstairs, he said, and he invited me to come as well. No pressure or anything but I should definitely think about it and I wouldn't have to stay long. I said okay I would think about it (with no intention of going). Ten minutes later he was back to try to convince me again lol. So I agreed, went to the party, and ended up having a really good time - and got to know everybody a tiny bit better in the process.

None of us knew that he was suffering on that level. It makes me so sad to know that he was. Even more to know that this was the only solution he saw. He had a somewhat serious medical condition and I think that also played a role as well.

I'm glad that we all got know him and I'm thankful for the little role he played in my life. I'm thankful that he existed.

&
post #2014 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 04:14 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
I bought some soy milk and it's delicious. I'm gonna drink some for breakfast.
post #2015 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:17 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Its a win win situation

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #2016 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:11 AM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy

I don't like how people are starting to use that sexual assault thread to air their grievances/agendas about [various peripherally related topics*], and there's even some [bad advice*] being encouraged. But I guess I'm not surprised, considering what happened with that rape thread some time back. (It was severely gutted, if it's even still around, but I think I was screencapping and/or saving webpages as it dragged on. Horrific.)

If I ever get sexually assaulted (a very big fear of mine, I just don't discuss it much for obvious reasons), I'm not sure where I'll be able to go to talk about it. This site is definitely not the place, but I don't have a therapist or anywhere else to talk. (Reddit...don't get me started. Even worse than here. I recently saw my troll there under "her" (read--his) latest alt, ridiculing a male rape survivor because "Men can't get raped, duhrr!" Remember when trolling used to be about being clever and funny? Yeah, me neither. )

And yes, I'm not posting this, or anything, in that thread because the thread isn't about my reaction, either.

[*Self-omitted specifics, since I guess this could identify users.]

I know I owe a lot of replies in this and/or other threads. I just can't remember who or what about. I'm sorry.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #2017 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:16 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
It's been like Walmart at busy hours at work today. Glad that died down but it wasn't bad.
post #2018 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:53 AM
Always on the Run.

My Mood: Pensive
Would be interesting to know how many families consider life insurance policies or writing Wills whenever they travel.

My parents are on a road trip and they left me their life insurance policy and their Will just in case. Whereas they pulled out a life insurance policy for me back when I was 23 and lived in different country. I sure as hell didn't make a Will for myself though since I didnt [and still don't] have much to offer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
post #2019 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 PM

@scintilla

Sorry to hear.

R.I.P great man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
I bought some soy milk and it's delicious. I'm gonna drink some for breakfast.
Oh, so that is the substitute for the jerky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
It's been like Walmart at busy hours at work today. Glad that died down but it wasn't bad.
Sounds like SA nightmare.

Zera.
post #2020 of 12150 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM

Lots of stuff to do, so little time.

Zera.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page