Type Something That Makes You Sad/Heartbreaking? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

Type Something That Makes You Sad/Heartbreaking?

I’m feeling really sad right now. I’m hurt and do you know why? Because there is this guy that I’ve recently met. Maybe more than 6 months now? We have been conversing and he’s so caught up with himself, he doesnt know the things that hurt me most. It’s mostly about him. I mean, I dont regret our friendship or anything but it hurts how he isn’t patient enough to talk to me about my issues and demons; it’s taking a toll on me now. It’s making me more insecure about my self...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Discord all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Knight View Post
Iím feeling really sad right now. Iím hurt and do you know why? Because there is this guy that Iíve recently met. Maybe more than 6 months now? We have been conversing and heís so caught up with himself, he doesnt know the things that hurt me most. Itís mostly about him. I mean, I dont regret our friendship or anything but it hurts how he isnít patient enough to talk to me about my issues and demons; itís taking a toll on me now. Itís making me more insecure about my self...

This is so sad

Does he care about you? I kind of understand how you feel.

You should see yourself in a good light. If he isn't no interests, concern or compassion towards you then you deserve better.

Too many for me to say. I scratched the surface a little here on SAS. The rest is hidden in my heart and in my soul.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

@Sunshine Lady , thank you for your sentiment. I’m glad that you understand. To be honest, I dont think he really cares much about me because it’s always about him him him. I believe I deserve better friendships.

Oh so you have experienced something like this many times?
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Discord all the way

Quote:
@Sunshine Lady , thank you for your sentiment. I’m glad that you understand. To be honest, I dont think he really cares much about me because it’s always about him him him. I believe I deserve better friendships.

Oh so you have experienced something like this many times?
You're welcome.
I'm sorry to hear that. What would you say is a good friendship? You should put your needs first. If he is not showing much towards you after X amount of time them maybe you should consider a new friend. People can tolerate for so much. {Meaning you can tolerate so much}

Not many of times but I have been in a similar situation. Having a friend. feeling hurt. Do you like this guy?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

@Sunshine Lady , a good friend is when both persons care for each other equally. It’s painful when I am always doing the giving and others take. I try to harden my heart because I always end up hurting in the end. Yes, I’m looking for new friends. Oh I’m sorry. Do they ever realized that they hurt you? And I kinda liked him but not really anymore, the feeling has been overshadowed by pain.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I have a pretty good childhood friend who I spent pretty much all of my childhood, teen years and early 20s knowing off and on. We were not always together but he's probably the closest thing I have to a brother. I haven't seen him for many years. He was always significantly better at things I'm not good at. Like talking to people and getting jobs and being reliable and punctual and so forth. I thought that probably if anyone would be able to find a way to crawl out of the pit he was born into, it would be him.

Well, he eventually got married and had kids. I'm not too sure what went wrong but after many years of marriage, he ended up leaving his wife. I became aware that he was really not all that happy and has been more or less struggling working relatively low wage jobs all this time. And his health is also noticeably worse. He has a chronic cough that was never really there when I knew him and I guess he either can't afford to get it checked out or he is just too despondent or something. He never smoked but his mother did. He is also diabetic (probably was when I knew him) and seems really tired all the time and has to fight to keep going.

I saw a video he put up where he seemed very depressed and defeated and it really sucked to watch.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:44 PM

Language: American English, some Spanish
Too many to really list.

I guess one of them being a page I've followed on-and-off for some odd years of a child who has a rare and deteriorating neurological disease. From the last updates I've seen since I randomly remembered the page it showed how much he really deteriorated and likely not going to be around for much longer. His poor mother even wished that he 'would leave' sooner than later because of the anguish and pain he's going through. It was difficult to read.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:50 PM
bipolar

Quote:
I’m feeling really sad right now. I’m hurt and do you know why? Because there is this guy that I’ve recently met. Maybe more than 6 months now? We have been conversing and he’s so caught up with himself, he doesnt know the things that hurt me most. It’s mostly about him. I mean, I dont regret our friendship or anything but it hurts how he isn’t patient enough to talk to me about my issues and demons; it’s taking a toll on me now. It’s making me more insecure about my self...
With people like this you need to make a decision. Is putting up with their self-centredness worth your time and trouble? If it is - go for it, if not tell them to get lost. (or if it's all just online - block and delete)

I know someone that admitted to me years ago that she's the most selfish person she's ever met. And now I know her better she's right.

These people need to be managed if you want them in your life at all. But in the end it's up to you.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Discord all the way

Quote:
@Sunshine Lady , a good friend is when both persons care for each other equally. Itís painful when I am always doing the giving and others take. I try to harden my heart because I always end up hurting in the end. Yes, Iím looking for new friends. Oh Iím sorry. Do they ever realized that they hurt you? And I kinda liked him but not really anymore, the feeling has been overshadowed by pain.

That is true
Maybe you should learn to not give too much. I found myself giving to people too much. Giving too much of my time. Then when they left I felt like they took me for granted. I learned to move on. You should put yourself first but find balance. Be friends with people who really care, show and express it. {Remember every friend expresses caring differently. Unless you feel otherwise try not to quickly judge their love}

That is good you are looking for new friends Keep your focus on that. It would help you.
Yeah thanks. Sometimes.
I had a feeling you may have liked him We girls have it hard when it come to guys. Wanting them to care, they barely hear us at times. We get hurt. We want to tell them our pain.

Just know that you are not alone. Make new friends. You can't make the guy talk. He's not interests it seem. How many times must you attempt?It only adds to more pain. How much pain are you willing to suffer just up until he decide to finally hear you? And if he does it may be just for that one time until he once again goes back to him him him. Do what is best for you.

Good Luck
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 12:27 AM
SAS Member

[quote=Elle Knight;1093939363]Iím feeling really sad right now. Iím hurt and do you know why? Because there is this guy that Iíve recently met. Maybe more than 6 months now? We have been conversing and heís so caught up with himself, he doesnt know the things that hurt me most. Itís mostly about him. I mean, I dont regret our friendship or anything but it hurts how he isnít patient enough to talk to me about my issues and demons; itís taking a toll on me now. Itís making me more insecure about my self...[/quote @Elle Knight I know you don't know me but as you understand mental illness I do ask you to hear me out and get me your honesty. I've been having a really hard time, for nearly close to a year. Nearly lost my life due to this. I'm am starting to get back on track and I've found my way here to beg for you to be honest with me and tell me if the guy that hurt you was rob iannuzzelli. He is my partner and is either using my mental health as a way to lie to me which is sending me crazy or I am in another psychotic episode. I need answers because I don't know what's going to happen to me.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 12:38 AM
SAS Member

@Elle Knight if it is him I should inform you that he told you part of my diagnosed not his. He has depression very mild I might add and every now and then a little bit of anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 02:53 AM
SAS Member

Having a "best friend" I've known since high school always treating me as an option and choosing others over me.

Thinking about homelessness people and how they have to sleep in the cold.

Thinking about all the injustices in the world. Especially against children and women.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholyscorpio View Post
Having a "best friend" I've known since high school always treating me as an option and choosing others over me.

Thinking about all the injustices in the world. Especially against children and women.
Ohh wow I’m sorry. People can be really cruel. You shouldnt overthink about what you cant really change okay? Just do what you can and continue to be kind and speak your truth
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 07:26 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholyscorpio View Post

Ohh wow I’m sorry. People can be really cruel. You shouldnt overthink about what you cant really change okay? Just do what you can and continue to be kind and speak your truth
Thanks for the advice and kind words.

I can change the situation with my friend. I can be honest with her.

I've been thinking to cut ties with her. It's better not having a friend, then having one that have chosen others over me time and time again.

The sad truth is that I don't trust her. I actually trust her to abandon me.

Friends for 17 years and I don't trust her. That is not a real friendship.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

@melancholyscorpio , you should do what makes you comfortable. And I believe you’re right about it not being a real friendship. I know how that feels because I’ve been overlooked so many times.

You are welcome.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 12:02 AM
bipolar

I just heard on the radio that the children are being much more seriously affected by the virus up in Indonesia. Apparently it's because their immune systems are already compromised - poor sanitation in many areas, poverty, less than adequate health care in some areas.

Terrible.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 06:07 AM
SAS Member

Language: Yes
That not every kid has a place they can safely call home.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 05:32 AM
SAS Member

a sad story i heard was when someone i know (called david) was part of a syndicate to play the lottery......david was part of the group who agreed to pool theor money to play the lotto......well what was so unfortunate and tragic about this was that david forgot to buy the lottery ticket when it was his turn to do it, he forgot, but what was so tragic about it was his numbers came up in the lotto, yes the syndicate won the lotto,.......BUT DAVID FORGOT TO BUY THE TICKET......tragedy yes, and imagine how he felt......you can imagine how the syndicate felt......it was hell......david couldnt live with himself, and tragedy struck, he commited suicide.

Thats the saddest story i know.....i thought id share it woith you
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 06:14 AM
England

I don't like seeing animals getting abused
Tbh I would prefer to see humans abused
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Temporarily Banned

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I don't think I can say lol.

I guess it depends on if you mean something generally upsetting or that feeling when it feels like you're being stabbed.

Things used to upset me in a kind of Human way (I think?) but now more often than not I just feel anger and a feeling of resigned cynicism.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page