Trampoline
Koosh balls
McDonald’s toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 09:51 PM
Fupa King

Language: English
Bionicle (somebody pls bring back gen 1 bionicles for kids today, those things were cool)
Lego
Star Wars action figures
Green plastic army men
Dinosaur figures
K'nex
Lightsabers
Stick used as sword
Toy Flintlock pistol, eye patch, parrot
Stick I made a semi-functional bow out of with string

Life's Wack
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 10:18 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語

Tamagotchi, Pokemon cards, PlayStation games, GBC + GBA games, a couple of computer games I played at certain points, puzzle bobble arcade machines, various dolls and barbies, lego, stuffed animals, plastic sword, water guns, some of my brother's toys like this realistic red car he had and a motorbike.

I created a fictional world based on my and my brother's bedrooms and I made the king of my brother's bedroom my brother's favourite toy which was this stuffed blue dog my brother would always sleep with and was really protective of (it's very dishevelled now because it was loved a lot,) so I called the motorbike guy Steve something I forgot his surname but he had one could have been Millen but I'm not 100% sure, and he was like some famous Motocross rider (but I didn't know those words at the time but basically that's what he did,) and that was supposed to be his favourite entertainer lool. Then I would act that out and him doing tricks and stuff.

I also liked bouncy balls, though I would always end up losing them. At one point before I think they got banned because kids kept choking I liked those weird spiky yoyo balls that you could spin around I forget what they're called, also liked yoyos.

Also liked various board games and stuff like connect 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 10:23 AM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
My Mood: Pensive
The movie Happy Gilmore got me to ask my parent for a golf club. My dad had dug a hole in the yard and put on a cup, so that I could have fun.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 01:29 PM
Failure's Art

I was a weird kid. I didn't really like toys that much. When I was a kid I wanted to be a boring adult for some reason. I liked playing with adult things.

I remember playing in my dad's car when I was a kid pretending I was driving to work. And I used to create fictitious businesses and government entities and draft all kinds of paperwork for them lol.

I liked the trappings of adulthood like car keys and wallets and credit cards and dress clothes and documents and leather portfolios, etc. I'm not sure why. I thought kids toys were kind of silly and pointless though sometimes I did play with them. When I would play with toy cars as a kid I never wanted to play with the race car or the monster truck one I always wanted to play with the ones that looked like real life boring sedans. Those were my favorite.

I grew out of this when I become a teenager and acted more my age and got into teenager things like music and going to parties, etc.

too scared to live; too scared to die
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 06:33 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

* Barbie
* Rainbow Brite
* Stuffed toys
* Magna Doodle
* Baby dolls
* Trolls
* Doctor sets
* Dollhouse
* Connect Four
* Slinky
* Tamagotchi
* Talking Computron
* Talking Calculator
* Water Ring Toss
* Koosh balls
* Stretchy rubber aliens
* Spinning tops
* Play Doh
* Fashion Design Plates
* Kaleidoscope
* Keyboard
* Hula hoop
* Jump-O-Lene
* Mini trampoline
* Bike
* Swingset
* Paddling pool
* Totem Tennis
* Nintendo (Game Boy, NES, SNES, 64)
* Roller skates my mum only let me wear once.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 07:11 AM
🌱🐌

My Mood: Angelic
Peddle car/tractor
Bike
Football/bouncy ball
Toy cars, tractors, animals
Nintendo Gameboy/SNES
The Tamigotchi fad
Swing/see-saw/climbing frame
Lego
Train set.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 08:30 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Some things....

Capsela

Radio Shack electronics kit (I think I had a much smaller and more limited one but this was the one I actually wanted)

Wheeled Warriors

Plastic army men (I am not sure if these were actually the ones I had but some of them look the same)

Speak & Spell

Mouse Trap (game)

Stratego

Tinker Toys

Laser Tag

NES
Gameboy
Atari 2600

Not toys but I loved anything electronic (transistor radios, record players and so forth). They usually didn't last long because I just had to know what was in there and I was better at tearing them apart than I was at taking them apart (It took me a while to figure out what screwdrivers were for ).

Back then, kids could play with realistic looking toy guns and nobody thought anything of it so I loved cap guns (When I was really young) and BB guns when I was an early teenager.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 08:49 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
We never had a lot of toys as kids. Mom was too poor. But we made up for it by playing outside, fishing and camping and playing hide and seek with friends.

As for actual toys i had

Coleco vision
Nes
Hungry Hungry Hippo...lol
Voltron toys
Bicycles
Softball gear, mitts, balls and bats(me and my brother played in a league)

What is a man?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 08:55 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
We never had a lot of toys as kids. Mom was too poor. But we made up for it by playing outside, fishing and camping and playing hide and seek with friends.
Yeah. We weren't exactly poor but my mother was pretty tight. I had expensive taste in toys but rarely got what I wanted and it just about killed her to part with the money for anything that costed more than a couple of dollars for us.

I actually did want to get into fishing and camping but she wouldn't buy that stuff either. I eventually did get a tent (The cheapest tent I could find) but I was too young to go camping on my own and I couldn't get her out of the house to take us. So I usually ended up "camping" in the back yard.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 09:09 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
As a kid I mostly liked stuffed animals. I'm trying to recall any toys I would play with at a younger age, and it almost always was with stuffed animals - I don't recall anything else. It was a long time ago, I don't think there were many toys out there in the 70s to mid 80s. I did have a bicycle that I liked to ride around the neighborhood with. Once I hit 9 years old, I would play dungeons and dragons and that consumed a lot of my time. We also had an atari, but back when I was a kid there were only two televisions in the house - one in my parents room and the other in the living room. It was a household of 6, so it was rare that I got to play it for a prolonged period of time.

We mostly played outside back then anyway, toys were mostly an indoor activity and most of us would be kicked out of the house until it started to get dark. There never was a lot of time to play with toys back in that time period for us, it was mostly just being outside.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 10:16 AM
SOS Member

My Mood: Scared
Excavator and dump truck
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 10:49 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I loved Hot Wheels. I would make continuous loop race tracks all over my room with them.

I was also really into BMX bikes and I would go out to a field near my house with a shovel after a decent rain and build my own jumps.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 11:19 AM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Peddle car/tractor
Bike
Football/bouncy ball
Toy cars, tractors, animals
Nintendo Gameboy/SNES
The Tamigotchi fad
Swing/see-saw/climbing frame
Lego
Train set.
I was going to say that but didn't think it counted as a toy, I liked parks a lot. Also as a teenager I would really like swinging while listening to music on my portable cd player. I did that all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 11:40 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 11:52 AM
Hi, my name is Jon Doe

Language: English
Huh, when i was small children and playing football with other boys in the mothers yard i was to tired i remind.
This time of my childhood i just wanna be like Pepe and my favorite toy was football ball LOl lmao

Then when i started my career as indoor designer i felt in love with such game as mario.
Then i found shooters xD and started to play thems after work (now i am global in CS:GO and 491 rank in Dota 2) i can't even imagine such types of graphic and networking , not to lie for 10 years ago.

But now i have a wife-blogger
and my life become so boring i just wanna back this time when i was a little boy with ball and don't if i had a choice i would never grow up like a Peter Pan (nice book and story BTW)
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 02:02 PM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
Sylvanian Families
Barbies
Animal figures - puppy in my pocket/kitten in my pocket etc
Stuffed animals
Gameboy advance/colour
The sims 1 and 2
Polly pocket
My little pony

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 04:28 PM
Mad Scientist

I played with lego until I was like 15 LOL. My sister bullied me for it.

And what were those little game devices they'd give you with a Happy Meal? There was like a Sonic one. And a football one.

Also got into Warhammer in my early teens, unfortunately for my dad's wallet.

It sounds cliche, but the best thing wasn't the actual toys, but the friends you played with. I had the most fun just picking up a stick in the woods and running around play-fighting with my friends.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 09:27 PM
SAS Member

Cabbage Patch Kids
Rainbow Brite
Holly Hobbie
Strawberry Shortcake
My Little Pony
Pound Puppies
Poochie
Barbie
Popples
Care Bears

Blow by blow, her mind cut in sheets
Layers deep
Now unraveling

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 09:46 PM
Pesky Pessimist

Surprised I still have this. He went with me through countless moves, been in several countries. It's literally sitting on my desk right now. He came along with a whole set of McDonalds toys my brother and sister got as kids. Hamburger Burglar, Birdie, and Ronald McDonald was in the set too and they were all lost during a move. (Although I don't miss the last one one bit). Grimace stuck with still to this day. I never really treasured him or tried hard to keep him, but it just so happens I've always manage to conveniently threw him in my stationery box every single move so far. Now I realize this, I will probably try harder to keep him around.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page