Things you didn't know... - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2021, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Things you didn't know...

Is there something you found out that you didn't know, happy, sad, funny, shocking etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

So I've been vegan for a year and I did not know that if a product says suitable for vegans it still may have been tested on animals which just seems completely misleading in my opinion.

I have been buying toilet rolls and it never even occurred to me that a lot of manufacturers use Gelatin to hold the paper fibres together.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 10:25 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Simple things are not easy merely because they are simple. Something can be very simple and very hard.

That's not exactly a shocking fact that I just discovered. I think I discovered it the first time I failed really hard at something really simple. I just keep having to re-learn it.

/WYSD
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 01:28 AM
Loathed Loiterer

How much sugar a lot of the "100%" fruit juices have. I usually have a habit of mixing 1 part cranberry juice and 3 parts water in a 16oz glass. Even about 4-5oz of cranberry juice, I realized that's about equivalent to the sugar content of half a can of soda.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 06:07 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Our shower always had a glass door, so I wasn’t used to using shower curtains. Whenever I stayed in motels, I kept the curtains on the outside of the shower so they would stay dry, but the bathroom floor always flooded, which was annoying. One day, my sister must have asked me about it, and then she told me they go on the inside of the shower and are supposed to get wet. The floor never flooded after that.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 01:49 PM
😒🤡

Some of these are mundane facts but some I find interesting.

That you can use vegetable oil on door hinges to get the squeaky noise out of them.

Apparently, spiders have brains in their legs.

If you live on a hill, it can't flood. Didnt know this until I moved onto a hill.

A car has a certain mileage limit. Thought they pretty much had no limit on them. If you don't put the gas on going up a hill it uses less gas and if you drive faster it uses more gas. And an AC doesnt make much of a difference with the gas.

Arthritis is worse for people in the Winter time.

Dogs and cats can smell cancer on you. But I'm unsure if cats can smell it.

Some tattoo ink goes into your bloodstream.

The part of your skin that ages the quickest are your lips, which I find weird.

Trees communicate through their roots and are actually pretty intelligent. Shocking fact to me at least.

Apparently, cockroaches taste like greasy, burnt fried chicken.

Tree work is the most dangerous job

Cant think of any more.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 02:00 PM
bipolar

I didn't know that even the tennis players that get knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open still get almost 100 grand.

I still don't think any of them should be here though - send them all home.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 02:17 PM

^ I've never seen a tennis player get knocked out. I thought it was a relatively safe sport unless John McEnroe was involved and victimized another racket.

/WYSD
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 02:38 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
^ I've never seen a tennis player get knocked out. I thought it was a relatively safe sport unless John McEnroe was involved and victimized another racket.
Yeah, I used to love watching McEnroe go off.

Knocked out as in losing the first match they play. Seems like a lot of money to me. At the moment we've got a huge pile of them locked in their hotel rooms in quarantine because of the virus. Bit of a mess really.

I like how this clip makes me feel like a perfectly rational human being. (in comparison to him.) I do think someone should speak to him about those shorts though - a bit too short if you ask me.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 07:02 PM
insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
How much sugar a lot of the "100%" fruit juices have. I usually have a habit of mixing 1 part cranberry juice and 3 parts water in a 16oz glass. Even about 4-5oz of cranberry juice, I realized that's about equivalent to the sugar content of half a can of soda.
Is that added sugar or fruit sugar? All/ most fruits contain a lot of sugar.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 07:31 PM

I did not know that Hawaii has a chicken problem.

@Orb

/WYSD
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 08:43 PM
Loathed Loiterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Is that added sugar or fruit sugar? All/ most fruits contain a lot of sugar.

These are the fruit juices jugs I get from grocery stores like these. So they are mostly added sugar rather than real fruit sugar. Despite their 100% juice moniker on the label. I just mix it like these with water and apple cider vinegar time to time when I get bored of drinking straight water so much. The real pure cranberry juice are so expensive and they taste rather unpleasant.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
The real pure cranberry juice are so expensive and they taste rather unpleasant.

I don't like that kind of cranberry juice either. I've never been a big fan of juice anyway though.

/WYSD
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 09:14 PM
Loathed Loiterer

Quote:
I don't like that kind of cranberry juice either. I've never been a big fan of juice anyway though.

I don't either. But found out it tastes much better when diluted. Without doing so, it does taste way too sweet and cough syrup-ish.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
Our shower always had a glass door, so I wasn’t used to using shower curtains. Whenever I stayed in motels, I kept the curtains on the outside of the shower so they would stay dry, but the bathroom floor always flooded, which was annoying. One day, my sister must have asked me about it, and then she told me they go on the inside of the shower and are supposed to get wet. The floor never flooded after that.
I love this; this is so sweet haha. Reminds me of a time when I put our clothes on an indoor clothes horse and put pegs on each individual item even though it was indoors; sometimes they fall off haha.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Simple things are not easy merely because they are simple. Something can be very simple and very hard.

That's not exactly a shocking fact that I just discovered. I think I discovered it the first time I failed really hard at something really simple. I just keep having to re-learn it.
Exactly What one person finds really simple another person will really struggle with and vice versa.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
These are the fruit juices jugs I get from grocery stores like these. So they are mostly added sugar rather than real fruit sugar. Despite their 100% juice moniker on the label. I just mix it like these with water and apple cider vinegar time to time when I get bored of drinking straight water so much. The real pure cranberry juice are so expensive and they taste rather unpleasant.

100% juice on the label makes you think nothing else and then they add a truck load of sugar lol. Years back I did buy cranberries and was cooking them on the stove as I thought it would be healthier to have them that way but there's no way they can be eaten without a load of sugar or sweetener.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
Some of these are mundane facts but some I find interesting.

That you can use vegetable oil on door hinges to get the squeaky noise out of them.

Apparently, spiders have brains in their legs.

If you live on a hill, it can't flood. Didnt know this until I moved onto a hill.

A car has a certain mileage limit. Thought they pretty much had no limit on them. If you don't put the gas on going up a hill it uses less gas and if you drive faster it uses more gas. And an AC doesnt make much of a difference with the gas.

Arthritis is worse for people in the Winter time.

Dogs and cats can smell cancer on you. But I'm unsure if cats can smell it.

Some tattoo ink goes into your bloodstream.

The part of your skin that ages the quickest are your lips, which I find weird.

Trees communicate through their roots and are actually pretty intelligent. Shocking fact to me at least.

Apparently, cockroaches taste like greasy, burnt fried chicken.

Tree work is the most dangerous job

Cant think of any more.
What happens if a spider loses one of it's legs I wonder, awww. Like a cockroach can apparently live for approximately one week without it's head
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Yeah, I used to love watching McEnroe go off.

Knocked out as in losing the first match they play. Seems like a lot of money to me. At the moment we've got a huge pile of them locked in their hotel rooms in quarantine because of the virus. Bit of a mess really.

I like how this clip makes me feel like a perfectly rational human being. (in comparison to him.) I do think someone should speak to him about those shorts though - a bit too short if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MbxD-0BDpM
"You can't be serious man, you cannot be serious!" woah haha.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 06:29 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysrunning View Post
"You can't be serious man, you cannot be serious!" woah haha.
When you mention the name McEnroe to anyone over about 55 - that's probably the first thing they remember about him.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page