Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

The Finance Thread

35K views 384 replies 42 participants last post by  zork2001 
#1 ·
This is a thread for the discussion of money, investing, retirement, savings, debt, budgeting and anything else to do with finances. :)

#4 ·
Oh sweet!

Really sucks that the feds have lowered saving rates at banks. My high yield savings is only at .6% now. On another not pretty sweet that I don't have to worry about student loan repayments till December.

#8 ·
Hopefully in less than 2yrs I can start investing 15% towards retirement. No later than age 32.

#9 ·
Well idk what to write here tbh. I don't really invest my money (despite having some savings), due to not knowing enough about what I'm putting my money on.

I know I probably could figure out how to benefit from that, but don't really have the energy to dwell in that deeply enough to put my money in it yet. (Although, I've scratched the surface a little bit, but it would require a lot more work).

Was thinking about buying a small amount of amd stock b4 the release of zen 2, but didn't in the end. (This is basically the only field where I'd feel somewhat confident in investing due to having at least some knowledge about the products)

#13 ·
Just switched my mid cap index fund for a total market index fund.

#14 ·
It'll be nice going a few dollars without spending any money.

#17 ·
Not sure when to rebalance my 401K

True!

#25 ·
At my current rate 27% of my income is going on debt.

#26 ·
I wish there was a job i could do for like 2-3 hours every sunday for some extra cash. I signed up for this banquet thing a few years back where I was a server at a hotel for a day or 2 and could pick my days in advance through an app. but its too tiring and 1 day events are rare.

Been trying to set up a blog since feb when i quit my last job but i can't think of what to write and honestly Im just relieved that no one has read the few posts i made so far, let alone try to monetise and advertise it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I wish there was a job i could do for like 2-3 hours every sunday for some extra cash. I signed up for this banquet thing a few years back where I was a server at a hotel for a day or 2 and could pick my days in advance through an app. but its too tiring and 1 day events are rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are able to drive jobs like Uber or lyft would be good. Or you could do the delivery services like doordash. Set your own schedule and work when you want to

#28 ·
^^ You can mess around with it if you want :stu. I follow Dave's investing plan.

#29 ·
What are the best investments you all have ever made? Below are mine. Wish all my investments could be this successful. Don't think I've ever lost any money but some of the stocks I've bought haven't really appreciated at all.

First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index - 215% gain since 2015
Proshares Ultra QQQ 2X NASDAQ - 176% gain since 2018
McDonald's Stock - 125% gain since 2015

#32 ·
I've got to get my income up, I'm good with cutting expenses but I'm just not making enough. Extra $500 a month is the goal by end of year.

#33 ·
Hope to open a IRA then convert it to a Roth in a year or two hopefully.

#34 ·
Is it easy to open an IRA account? Can you do it online?

#37 ·
I really need to start investing towards retirement. I also want to buy a house but what sucks is with the low interest rates and small inventory the prices are getting ridiculous. The economy is crippled yet prices are higher than they were in 2007 now. You think I'm going to buy a house in that kind of market? LOL

#39 ·
Are saving for a down payment now? Whats your price range? We have some good priced homes here but I live in the south and I know prices tend to be cheaper here.

#38 ·
I need to be bringing in more income need to be debt free asap. The more I bring in the more I can give as well :).

#40 ·
Hope to only spend $40 a month on gas.

#44 ·
It depends on how far you live from work and stuff. I can usually get about two-three weeks on a tank if I don't go out much other than work and it costs about $40 to fill my car up. When I used to drive 45 minutes to church two-three times a week it really costed me some gas. I don't miss having to drive that much.

#46 ·
My 401k is just looking awful. Not sure if I'm invested right or not.

#49 ·
I should be able to save 30% of my income. We'll see. Really need to look at career options.

#50 ·
Too many carry around debt like its a pet. Once I get debt free, never again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.