sum up your 2007 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
She-Wolf

sum up your 2007

my 2007 had my worst lowest points of my life, but there were some okay times too.

the bad: was hospitalized twice for depression. didn't finish last year of school and dropped out this semester. very distant from most of my friends and i hardly leave my house.

the good: i made a new friend. i still find it difficult to keep friends but i am happy about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Super Beaver

Re: sum up your 2007

In one word.. insane.

Couldn't afford my meds so got to go off Seroquel cold turkey. That was a month of pure hell. Later on in the year the mood swings came back full force. Spent 2 months totally manic.. I've got the credit card bills to prove it. Crashed down over 2 days and then tried to kill myself. My drs tried to get me to hospitalize myself but I got a loan from a friend so I could get back on meds instead.

My dad was pretty much keeping my granny prisoner so he could bleed her live savings dry. I called the police on him at one point because he threaten us when I was just trying to talk to my granny alone. The state got involved and she's now in an assisted living home with a restraining order against my dad. In 4 months it'll be a year since I've spoken to my dad.. and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

As for the good.. went to nearly 30 concerts! Had an amazing class with an amazing teacher who inspired me to make some changes in my life.
post #3 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 03:31 PM
SAS Member

I'd probably have to sum it up as 'The year it all fell apart'.

I lost the remainder of my friends and instead of progressing my education I decided not to go. So the last 4 months I've been sat at home doing nothing.
post #4 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
She-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mserychic
In one word.. insane.

Couldn't afford my meds so got to go off Seroquel cold turkey. That was a month of pure hell. Later on in the year the mood swings came back full force. Spent 2 months totally manic.. I've got the credit card bills to prove it. Crashed down over 2 days and then tried to kill myself. My drs tried to get me to hospitalize myself but I got a loan from a friend so I could get back on meds instead.
wow, that sounds awful. hope you're more stable now. my dad also had to go off his seroquel in march, then he was rapid cycling and ended up having to be hospitalized to stop from killing himself. :/
post #5 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 04:49 PM

Not that great a year.
Depressed for most of the first half of the year.
Did a few crazy things to test myself and act out. Wasn't really worth it. School was overall a bummer with me dropping out of a couple classes. The only good thing was the horseback riding class. Learned a lot about aspergers this year and think it more so than before that it's what ails me. Did family trip out to Arizona and back; it didn't really turn out as great as I hoped. Tried to get myself more out there to attract new friends... which I've kind of floundered on but I've managed to make one new friend.

I'm really hoping 2008 turns put to be a heck of a lot better.
post #6 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 05:04 PM

completed volunteer work.
completed CNA training.
Got Married.
Moved out of the freaking house with my parents.
Moved from country to city.
Put in job applications.
Didn't get any of the jobs.
Started taking St. John's Wort.
Drove on interstate more.
First "billed" cell phone.
Taking advantage of more opportunities as opposed to prior yrs.
A lot of .
A lot of growing, spiritually.
post #7 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Spectacular Member

April and May were the worst parts of my life. I had never been so sick in my life. I was throwing up 14 times a day for 2 months or more straight.

Good part was that i made many new friends, got my own car, got on Concerta, and started college.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #8 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 PM

the cons: Had to deal with a lot of serious illness in my family. My mom's cancer returned, my dad developed cancer of a different sort, and all of my grandparents are just in terrible shape. So there were a lot of doctor/hospital trips this year. As for me, I started my first job as a college grad and I absolutely hate it. It's so hard to make myself go in in the morning; I'm already dreading tomorrow.

the pros: I finally graduated college! And while I despise my job, it is nice to finally be making some money. No more credit card debt.

New Year's resolutions: Finally get some help for my anxiety/depression/mood swings etc. Take charge of my life (i.e. quit this soul crushing job, find something I really want to do and do it)
post #9 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
SAS Member

Alcohol, masturbation, same old routine of working part-time with my mom, 2 month trip to Sonoma County, California, approached by beautiful women but no success because of my anxiety, sloppy drunken make-out session after I got home, failed marijuana harvest this past fall, some cool songs were written.
post #10 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 06:17 PM

2007 was good and bad
got in the absolute best shape of my life after taking up cycling seriously
and I mean really physically fit.

Bad news was that an old knee injury is acting up and it looks like I am going to have to live with chronic pain and its going to be a real battle to regain any shape again since I had to stop all exercise since Nov.

Good news is that I found out late 2007 about this site and identified my SAD and I've actually made some progress, dunno how I am going to fare meeting new people and maybe getting hitched since I dont have much people to hang with anymore(all married etc), but I guess its ok to hope.
post #11 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely

Pros: I finally got my diploma, I was able to get a temp job for about a month and a half, and I passed the Millionaire contestant exam. I also started talking to my best online friend on the phone after knowing her for six years and I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty comfortable with that.

Cons: Other than that month and a half, I was unemployed the entire year. After passing the Millionaire test, I had to go through an interview that was just as awkward as I thought it would be and I totally bombed it. And I don't believe I improved my social phobia in any way.

Hyperbole is the best thing ever!!!
post #12 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
In 'da 707

Ok I'm gonna go by months and put the most prominent things I can recall:

January: Made brownies, veggie stuffed bell peppers, went out to Round Table on Jan 1 (OMG wth I guess this just goes to show you I get most of my pleasure from food ).

Februrary: Bleh. My kitty that I'd had since I was 4 died. I remember the girl next to me in spanish class talking about her speech class. So I was getting psyched up to take speech in Feb too.

March: My dad was lonely for another kitty so we ended up adopting Jingles, who has just been an adorable little cuddlebug. Ate at this mexican place at the end of March.

April: Not a whole lot. Kept goin to classes. Actually, I think I also worked a little out of a social phobia book that month. Learned more realistic thinking and a couple of tools to use.

May: Turned 20 and started summer speech.

June: Finished summer speech and got an A! I was happy. Started my online medical transcription course thingy. We adopted one of the stray cats outside and named her Bertha.

July: Pretty boring. Just worked on my course thingy. Oh and I went to my dad's AA Unity Day thingy I usually go to every year. Saw fireworks.

August: More exciting. Met my mom's new bf when I went down to visit her. I became comfortable around him pretty quickly cuz my mom was with us, and I found it easy to relate to him through joking. It usually takes way longer for me to get comfy. Went to Raging Waters (I love waterparks ).

September: School. I had to deal with Biology lab, which sure as heck was no cakewalk anxietywise.

October: I dealt with someone staying with me and my dad for a week. It was hard. I never became comfy around her the whole time. It was just really awkward, and I was glad it was over after a week. Halloween was fun despite the fact I didn't do anything and we got no trick-or-treaters (cuz the place is hidden). It was fun just knowing it was Halloween lol.

November: I actually joined a group for depression. Total SA torture, but I went for a few weeks. I'll prolly go again when I get home. What I really need is a group for anxiety, but there aren't any in the area.

December: I cooked enchiladas for my dad's AA thing. I'd cooked them before, but this time there were strangers eating them. I can't believe others actually liked what I cooked LOL. Came down to visit my mom and her bf, and I'm leaving tomorrow. I went to my mom's bf's mom's house and it was kind of awkward, but it was kind of fun too.
post #13 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Stress!!! to the 1000th power. Its all getting better and as far as school was concerned its amazing but still stressful. 2007 involved lots of financial distress, tears and drama.

In short by taking summer I'm on track to graduate in may 2008, applied to graduate school (phd and ma programs), my love life sucks, my mental health is like a speed demon (SA + ADD = strangeness), I'm employed, meet other nerds and now were friends, became reaquainted with some old friends and I actually go out! to semi fancy ethnic resturants lol. I started my thesis (a group member stole my introduction and caused me a world of hurt but its all fixed), did an awesome independent paper on selective mutism. I decided to become supreme super nerd and presue medical school after graduate school. To which my super Catholic family prays I will get married.
post #14 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
baby you're a lost cause

2007: got one year older

i dunno man...who knows...ya know??
post #15 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Potato

2007 was mostly crappy. The only good thing was that I got my mustang, and the major bad things were that mustang got broken into at work and all of my stuff was stolen, and my dad died.
post #16 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 AM

good: Got in touch with an old friend. Ate healthier. Worked out more. Wrote tons. Stopped my 13 year video game addiction. Realized I need help. Got my heart checked out by doctors (had been avoiding it). Built a nice wooden filing cabinet. Played more with my dog. Took a writer's course (dropped out, was learning nothing). Signed up for a 2008 art course. Braved the insurance place to get my license renewed (even though I don't drive).

bad: Didn't practice artwork nearly enough. Went out less than 10 times. Thought of suicide for 4 straight nights at the end of the year. Wasted well over 300 of the 365 days by doing nothing but watching TV or sitting on the computer. Refused to eat out with family and relatives. Allowed family and relatives to intentionally embarrass me, rather than speaking up about it. Didn't go to the dentist. Didn't go to family doctor for some lingering health concerns.
post #17 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Recluse

My Mood: Tired

No job, no life, no friends. I hardly left the house except to buy food and for job interviews I failed at. My depression and SA got worse and I can't see them getting better any time soon. The only positives are that I met some very nice people here and on SAF so I don't feel like I'm the only one any more. My biggest regret is alienating the few people that were nice to me, in real life and online. I know one of them reads here sometimes so if you see this, please know I'm very sorry.

La tristesse durera toujours
post #18 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 AM

Good: Improved grades. And that's a tremendous good, as I'm in my sixth year of undergraduate studies having failed a number of classes and withdrawn from nearly two years of credits with "W's".

Bad: Still wasting far much too time on the internet on sites that don't enrich me at all. This site is excluded as it does help, but I also have a very bad habit of wasting countless hours watching YouTube videos, etc.
post #19 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 AM
gone

Nothing.

post #20 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead

Good: new pets, better grades, contact with one person

Bad: bouts of major depressive swings and loneliness with obsessive thoughts of dying including attempting. Waste of a year.

Eh, 2007. Good riddance.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page