SAS movie night - Page 9 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #161 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:00 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
I tried watching More yesterday but couldn't get into it, it felt like it was going at 15 fps which didn't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:29 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I have two reccomendations for anyone interested:

✴ Shutter Island - Great pyschological thriller starring Leonardo DeCaprio that takes place after World War II.

✴ The Running Man - Solid, fun 90's Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, which happens to take place in our current year of 2019.

Both of the movies can be found right now on Amazon Prime Video, not sure about other streaming sites.

I don't care if it's dangerous or not...I'm going to town either way.
post #163 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:16 PM
SAS Member

Thanks For

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I don't know how easy it will be to find the 1968 movie, it seems like most people on here don't want to pay for movies. I don't mind if it's a couple of dollars tho.
Thanks for the post, Suchness. When I listed those 2 films I knew that That Cold Day in the Park was Ancient History, but it was the only example of a woman SA-SP I could think of. And, I knew it was hard to find.

On the other hand, Robin Williams, relatively recently deceased, did have an active movie career up to near the end of his life, and One Hour Photo was relatively speaking, a "recent" film that would probably be easier to locate and watch.

I listed it, because I have a fellow SA-SP sufferer who, upon watching the film, found the character that Mr. Williams played in One Hour Photo uncannily like his own life, and seeing the similarities between himself and that character, he came to his senses and snapped out of his fantasies similar to the main character of that film before it was too late, and it saved him from going off the deep end.

A case where an SA-SP took a fictional film very personally, and it had a profound effect, in this case positive, on his own life.

I'd hope that this post might arouse some interest in that film among the SA-SP Support Forums membership.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #164 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:02 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless View Post
Thanks for the post, Suchness. When I listed those 2 films I knew that That Cold Day in the Park was Ancient History, but it was the only example of a woman SA-SP I could think of. And, I knew it was hard to find.

On the other hand, Robin Williams, relatively recently deceased, did have an active movie career up to near the end of his life, and One Hour Photo was relatively speaking, a "recent" film that would probably be easier to locate and watch.

I listed it, because I have a fellow SA-SP sufferer who, upon watching the film, found the character that Mr. Williams played in One Hour Photo uncannily like his own life, and seeing the similarities between himself and that character, he came to his senses and snapped out of his fantasies similar to the main character of that film before it was too late, and it saved him from going off the deep end.

A case where an SA-SP took a fictional film very personally, and it had a profound effect, in this case positive, on his own life.

I'd hope that this post might arouse some interest in that film among the SA-SP Support Forums membership.
Awesome that it helped your friend. I saw it ages ago around the time it came out, wouldn't mind seeing it again.
post #165 of 165 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:14 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dragon View Post
✴ Shutter Island - Great pyschological thriller starring Leonardo DeCaprio that takes place after World War II.
Yes, very enjoyable!

I tried to watch I Am Legend but gave up 16 minutes in. Instead watched:

- Mr Nobody. Interesting, but too long and a bit too sentimental in places. Great portrayal of depression and lots of movie references if you like to hunt for those.

- The Phantom Lady. Terribly sexist. Made in the 40s, I might avoid movies from that time period because they are often infuriatingly bad.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page