Random Thought Of The Day - Page 253 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #5041 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 11:25 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I think that most people gain comfort from certainty, to have the truth is much like a warm blanket that one can wrap themselves in. It provides a sense of safety that provides a tremendous level of relief in this crazy world. When such certainty is threatened, it is often seen as an attack and retaliation, is almost inevitable..

I see this trend repeatedly in several ideologies, religions, politics, etc, etc. It is very rare, that I see anyone just let go and acknowledge that they have no certainty in this world, that they just don't know. It is little wonder why, I mean, who wants the comfort of certainty ripped away from them, who wants to be left out in the bitter cold? Certainty brings upon a sense of comfort, even at times if such certainty is based upon a sense of knowing everything is pointless.

This is just something I have been thinking of lately.. I wish I had a sense of certainty at times, I wish I knew things were a specific way and that is just how things are.

Meh, I do apologize - my thinking is a bit sloppy at the moment, I am just posting some random thoughts.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 12:12 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
I'm coming to realize that, as much as I don't respond emotionally to mainstream gaming anymore, it's a stabilizing influence in my life. Stepping away from it for a few days, I can definitely notice a difference in mood, for the worse. Probably because being left alone with my thoughts is like being cooped up with someone who is constantly and viciously verbally abusive to you. The abuse is justified and possibly an impetus for change, but unpleasant.
post #5043 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 07:31 AM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Does liking/reblogging posts from people you barely even message (if at all) count as parasocial interaction? I've known for years that my use of tumblr is basically a social supplement, I'm just curious if that would be an accurate term if I have to describe my situation to (say) a new psychologist in the future..
post #5044 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 07:35 AM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchedEarth View Post
I'm coming to realize that, as much as I don't respond emotionally to mainstream gaming anymore, it's a stabilizing influence in my life. Stepping away from it for a few days, I can definitely notice a difference in mood, for the worse. Probably because being left alone with my thoughts is like being cooped up with someone who is constantly and viciously verbally abusive to you. The abuse is justified and possibly an impetus for change, but unpleasant.
I've been playing Team Fortress 2 a lot recently for similar reasons. What have you been playing?

Animal Crossing New Leaf helped me in the past and I'm wondering if the new one would too.
post #5045 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 07:54 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barakiel View Post
I've been playing Team Fortress 2 a lot recently for similar reasons. What have you been playing?

Animal Crossing New Leaf helped me in the past and I'm wondering if the new one would too.
Turn-based strategy games and roguelikes, mainly. Games with challenging gameplay and light on story/character interactions. But when things are rough in my life and I need maximum escapism, I bring out the big guns - MMORPGs and online PVP games. Games that demand my undivided attention in real-time.
post #5046 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
There is nothing wrong with selling hope.

I know it's fake. I still want it.
post #5047 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 09:45 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Can she go to sleep already???

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #5048 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 09:59 PM
Permanently Banned

Ignoring people is much more nice than insulting them. It’s very polite and adult-like.
post #5049 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 10:23 PM
Gangsta Crayon

I can't stop laughing about "Damn son where'd you find this" to the point where I make an imitation of it to myself and had a laugh attack over it earlier. 😂
post #5050 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 12:28 AM
Pesky Pessimist

It has always been lackluster, but I wish the burger place in the strip mall across from me didn't close down. I miss those groggy 9:30pm walks across the street during Friday or Saturday nights to get something quick and indulging to eat after waking up from a 2-hr nap after I get home moments.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #5051 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 01:55 AM
SAS Member

I wonder, if I could transfer my body and life to someone who wants to try and make it work, what would they do in my place? What could they achieve that I'm unable to with my defective brain?
post #5052 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 07:03 PM
SAS Member

I know it's been about 2 decades since it's prime but folks we gotta bring back Midwest Emo, these kids are already coming up w/ some good riffage

post #5053 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Permanently An Idiot

My Mood: Lurking
I wonder if taking care of your physical health actually does work for depression/anxiety/self-esteem etc. Isn't it just that you're a) getting rid of potential vitamin deficiencies, b) distracting yourself and c) becoming more like society's idea of an attractive person?

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
post #5054 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 04:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWelshOne View Post
I wonder if taking care of your physical health actually does work for depression/anxiety/self-esteem etc. Isn't it just that you're a) getting rid of potential vitamin deficiencies, b) distracting yourself and c) becoming more like society's idea of an attractive person?
probably a little bit of everything. In my experience the couple times I was able to get myself to work out regularly
(as well as eat healthily) it did help with my depression and anxiety to a degree, but the depression/anxiety obviously makes it difficult to start working out/exercising in the first place.
post #5055 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 12:40 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
Two more weeks & Iím growing my beard back, **** shaving & all this skin irritation to maintain it.

Also, because of the CERB(Canada Emergency Response Benefit), by my calculation, this will be the first time in my life my gross income for the year will be on par with the median annual income for a single Canadian...obviously my choices play a large part in that but still, what Iím getting only because of the current crisis is what a large part of the population expects to make as a bare minimum every year, quite something to wrap my head around
post #5056 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 02:44 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchedEarth View Post
You're going to hate me for saying this, but this makes me think two things: 1) what if the mood dip is just withdrawal (& therefore a signifier of addiction)? 2) abuse is never justified, even if it's you vs you. Change through negative reinforcement is never as healing and sustainable as change though positive reinforcement.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #5057 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Permanently An Idiot

My Mood: Lurking
I got really impressed with the idea of anti-bleed spray. Then I realised it was for hair dye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
probably a little bit of everything. In my experience the couple times I was able to get myself to work out regularly
(as well as eat healthily) it did help with my depression and anxiety to a degree, but the depression/anxiety obviously makes it difficult to start working out/exercising in the first place.
I think I maybe just don't have endorphins? Like, my sister's always saying 'ah, you're doing exercise, it must make you feel better' and it's like... um, no? It's a necessity and a chore, it's nothing more.

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
post #5058 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 10:59 AM
⚰️👻

My Mood: Dead
I wonder do endorphins really exist ? Or are they like those blurry yeti photographs that pop up every now & then.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #5059 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 01:21 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
more is always better. harder is always gooder. less is less. short is never enough.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #5060 of 5141 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 01:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
No pain no endorphins.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page