Physical therapy is a gimmick - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Physical therapy is a gimmick

when it comes to treating chronic conditions on its own (without the help of surgery), now they got physical therapy for everything, even things you would never thought about and they try to impress people with it by showing off the technology they use and techniques they use for what they are treating, it's like you have to do many FREAKING exercises for weeks and months and the results are not satisfying, so you wasted your time and energy and money for a gimmick while surgery is what should have been done in the first place, the physical therapy only helps after the surgery, it can't completely do it on its own if its a chronic condition, I know because I tried it for many things just because I can, since I have insurance and make sure I use it before I lose it, some professional who specializes in what I went for was opening his mouth, talking about how physical therapy is the way to do it and not surgery and that I don't qualify for surgery because I don't meet the requirements, I asked the fool how much it will improve if I do the physical therapy like he tells me, the idiot said..... I still can't believe it.... the idiot had the nerve to say 25%, what the hell am I going to do with 25%? I felt like kneeing him in the face for making me spend all of that time talking to him if he is only able to deliver 25%, that's like taking a car and getting it repaired and you are paying 100% of what you are being charged and they come back and say it will only be 25% repaired, this idiot couldn't even print the homework he gave me like other physical therapy places do, and they didn't even have the proper safety equipment, what the hell am I going to do with 25%? that's like you giving me a dollar and I give you only 1 quarter back, I should get slapped across my face for that and you should stomp on my face and then spit on it for disrespecting you, for not giving you what you gave me, all this clown did was increase my blood pressure, I been pissed off about it for a day so far

it's like they try to avoid surgery no matter what, physical therapy isn't the answer, surgery is, plus physical therapy is exhausting and a waste of my time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 03:41 PM
SAS Member

I started having pain in my knees last year. I was worried I was developing Osteo like both my parent's have. Had a full range of xray on them. The Orthopedist told me there was no break down. He thought I had to strengthen the muscle around them and ordered PT. The problem is that my deductible went up to $5000 and the insurance won't pay it until I meet this which is impossible. My dad showed me what to do since he has went through PT with his knees. Why spend money on it when they will do the same as with my dad. I have been getting a little bit better. Plus losing extra weight is helping. But I still am worse when we get stormy weather. On those days I can't hardly walk. I actually need to be given a small dose of pain meds like Ultram on the bad days but there is no way in hell the doctor will do this.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
I started having pain in my knees last year. I was worried I was developing Osteo like both my parent's have. Had a full range of xray on them. The Orthopedist told me there was no break down. He thought I had to strengthen the muscle around them and ordered PT. The problem is that my deductible went up to $5000 and the insurance won't pay it until I meet this which is impossible. My dad showed me what to do since he has went through PT with his knees. Why spend money on it when they will do the same as with my dad. I have been getting a little bit better. Plus losing extra weight is helping. But I still am worse when we get stormy weather. On those days I can't hardly walk. I actually need to be given a small dose of pain meds like Ultram on the bad days but there is no way in hell the doctor will do this.
if I could not walk I would rather die, just trap me inside a casket and shut the door, it's over for me, if my knees give up that means my body is calling quit in life
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Negativity Triggerer.

With surgeries majority of them will end up giving you permanent mild to moderate symptoms to what you were suffering. They could also end up taking away partial functions to what you were able to do before surgeries. Add to the risk of the surgery failing to achieve what it meant to do. This is why most doctors hold surgery as the last resort. Physical therapy is non invasive and in most minor to moderate cases are enough to fix or curb your symptoms in the long term. Of course you should make sure to go to a good one because a bad one can just make your problems worse if they do not properly diagnose your issues.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page