People don't want to sit next to me - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

People don't want to sit next to me

I don't understand why? They look like they're scared to sit next to me. Am I supposed to smile just so that I won't look mean? In the classrooms, there would always be an empty chair next to me. People just don't want to sit next to me. They would rather sit with someone else. I don't smell bad. I shower every day and I wear decent clothing. People just don't want to be near me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 11:44 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Maybe its your body language? Its the same way for me, I think its because I always have a f-ck off face on.

~ The devil told me that I couldn't withstand the storm I replied, I am a warrior of Christ I am the storm. ~
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farideh View Post
I don't understand why? They look like they're scared to sit next to me. Am I supposed to smile just so that I won't look mean? In the classrooms, there would always be an empty chair next to me. People just don't want to sit next to me. They would rather sit with someone else. I don't smell bad. I shower every day and I wear decent clothing. People just don't want to be near me.
I said it once and I'll say it again, based on your posts in the past you're above average in terms of good looks and attractiveness. Now it seems that you're so good looking that you intimidate people and they feel insecure to sit right next to you (you said it yourself, they look scared). I've seen this happen multiple times when I was in school to above average (albeit quiet and standoffish) good looking guys.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Learning

Quote:
I don't understand why? [...] People just don't want to be near me.
The root of the issue is that you are judgmental, which not only makes you insecure but will be expressed in your interactions with others.

"The perfect human employs their mind as a mirror. It grasps nothing, it refuses nothing. It receives but does not keep." - Chuang-Tzu
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 12:06 PM
SAS Member

Sometimes it depends on the classes. A lot of times, when people know a lot of people in the class already, they will sit next to them instead. If they don't know anyone, they may just sit where there is an empty spot. Most of my classes in college at least, random people would sit next to me if there were no other seats. I tended to sit in the front row though so I could concentrate. But if I didn't sit up front in a class, sometimes there would be empty seats next to me, depending on how the room was arranged. One of my best friends I made because they sat next to me, I did not know them prior.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 03:02 AM
Victor Hugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe26 View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again, based on your posts in the past you're above average in terms of good looks and attractiveness. Now it seems that you're so good looking that you intimidate people and they feel insecure to sit right next to you (you said it yourself, they look scared). I've seen this happen multiple times when I was in school to above average (albeit quiet and standoffish) good looking guys.
This happened to me, but only with girls.
However, there is a girl at my school nobody wants to sit next to and she is not attractive at all. Honestly, not even I want to sit with her and would rather be alone (I usually prefer to be alone anyway) This is because she is always attracting attention, she always says nonsense and sounds like a kid that wants to be the teachers pet. Nobody wants to be seen with that, especially when they are always calling out and attracting attention, right?
Either than not smelling bad or looking gross, there is not many other reasons people wouldn't want to sit next to you if you are friendly to them.

Quote:
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of... Who do the things no one can imagine."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 03:13 AM
moth

Do you have long legs and sit with an open stance?

i'm serious
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 04:28 AM
🐞 Moderator 🐞

You might look like you wouldn't be happy if someone sat next to you. It's better not having to sit next to anyone unless they have a newspaper, because then you can read it without them knowing.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
if you're anxious or worried .... there then its possible you have a frown on your face that you aren't even aware that youre frowning.

this is the expression that people will think.. ''oh that guys in a bad mood, id better leave him alone.''

frowning is the facial expression i took some work and effort to get out of the habit of doing.

people only avoid people if they have a reason to.... those people there dont know you, so they cant possible dislike you or have a reason to avoid you...

its something you are sensitives too, and judgmental, then using something with not any proof to then berate yourself and use as ammunition against yourself.

why not go in a bit late.... when some will be sitting and then purposely sit near someone and see if then you can begin talking... rather than wait for random people to come sit next to you.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1996 View Post
This happened to me, but only with girls.
However, there is a girl at my school nobody wants to sit next to and she is not attractive at all. Honestly, not even I want to sit with her and would rather be alone (I usually prefer to be alone anyway) This is because she is always attracting attention, she always says nonsense and sounds like a kid that wants to be the teachers pet. Nobody wants to be seen with that, especially when they are always calling out and attracting attention, right?
Either than not smelling bad or looking gross, there is not many other reasons people wouldn't want to sit next to you if you are friendly to them.
lol, funny. Your post made me think of two random thoughts: one is that I find a disproportionate amount of Australian men to be extremely attractive, and the second is that a lot of homely and unattractive women I've seen have huge egos and a lot of unwarranted amounts of self-confidence. Always found that unusual...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 PM
SAS Member

Maybe you should sit next to people why do they have to sit next to you
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:34 PM
You spoony bard!

Just play them this song:

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdespair View Post
Just play them this song:

Thank you for this, but no.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 05:54 PM
You spoony bard!

Quote:
Thank you for this, but no.
Aw
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Seriously , never serious

maybe you do smell . You might not smell it your self because your used to being smelly but to others you smell .

. WTF is wrong with me

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 11:28 PM
late bloomer

I feel you. Even in my bubbliest state, I still make people uncomfortable.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page