New Twist on an Old Scam - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Retired Enforcer

New Twist on an Old Scam

I received the following email. I thought it rather comical.

Quote:
Attn: Beneficiary,

We the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI Washington) United States of America have discovered through our intelligent monitoring network in NIGERIA that you were involved in a transaction as either inheritance payment,Lottery or contract payment which have been approved but have not been settled }.We quite understand that this is outstanding payment of yours owned by the Nigerian Government. We are working inline with the International Monetary Fund and United Nation.

This is to officially inform you that we have verified your contract/Lottery/ inheritance file after close monitoring and found out why you have not received your payment, both on your part and on the part of your debtors.

Secondly, we have been informed that you are still dealing with the non officials who are attempting to secure the release of your fund to you. We wish to advise you that this is illegal and you should stop further communication with any of such organization ,because such an illegal act like this can lead to cancellation of your fund.

we have many complains from people who have been scammed around the world hence, after concluding in a meeting with members of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), United nation,World Bank and Nigerian Government we came to a conclusion that every payment will be made through the OCEANIC BANK NIGERIA PLC. We also concluded on the use of BANK TO BANK TRANSFER as the only direct means to pay all beneficiaries.

By this method, your fund will be transfered into bank account and as soon as the your bank will be give notification and after that you can now with from you funds. This was the agreement with the Nigerian Government, IMF , World Bank and the United Nation.

If you would like to receive your fund in this way. Kindly send your following information me and the transaction will go through the right process guide funds tranfer in West Africa.

(1)Your Full Name:
(2)Your Complete Address:
(3) Country:
(4)Name of Bank(handling your funds):
(5)Name of Agents/Staffs
(6)Mobile Number/Fax Number:
(7)Age/Sex/Occupation
(Working Identity Card/Int'l Passport
(9)Total fee( paid for the transaction)
(10)Amount Expected(as funds)

Below are the contact details of the PAYING BANK(ZENITH BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.) in the Federal Republic of Nigeria to whom you will send your information for the processing of the ATM card as soon as possible:

CONTACT PERSON: MR .ROBERT COLELLA
FBI WEST AFRICA,LAGOS NIGERIA
TELEPHONE: +234-704-037-9926.
EMAIL: [email protected]

N:B MR .ROBERT COLELLA has my permittion to make use of name for his email address.

The DEBT SETTLEMENT COMMISSION has been mandated to issue out your payment on this day 25th MAY, 2009. Also for your information, you have to stop any further communication with any other person(s) or office(s) who claimed to be establish agents using it to defraud innocent people worldwide. This is to avoid any hitches in receiving your payment.

Thanks for listening to our advice.

Faithfully Yours,

MR .ROBERT S. MUELLER, III
FOR CORPORATE AFFAIRS
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Note: Do disregard any email you recieved from any impostors or offices c, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with MR .ROBERT COLELLA as stated above who is the rightful person to deal with in regard to your payment and forward any email you recieve from these impostors to this office so we can act upon it and commence investigation,I MR .ROBERT S. MUELLER, III HAS GIVEN AUTHORITY FOR MR. ROBERT COLELLA TO HANDLE THIS CASE IN THE WEST AFRICA.

It is ironic, how often one comes across an atheist with a "holier than thou" attitude.
---Novius---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Après moi, le déluge

I wonder how much jail time you can get for impersonating an FBI officer?

Have a nice day,
Kelly

Carefully, but full of might.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

Have a nice day,
Kelly

may be just a joking
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 AM
SAS Member

I looked it up and a guy in D.C. got 21 months for it

is here

My personal Blog!!! http://lostinthevalley.wordpress.com/
updated November 14th, 2010
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:01 AM
SAS Member

I also got a scam letter, but I deleted it. But I can summarize it. It was from a bank employee in Hong Kong telling me that is Iraqi general had 25 million dollars in his bank and never put a beneficiary down. Well his house in Baghdad got bombed killing him and his family. Well supposedly under the law in Hong Kong the government gets the money. Well this person wanted me to be the beneficiary and should contact him. They think that I just fell off the turnip truck last night. They probably want my bank account number. I am not giving my money to them so they can snort it up their nose. I am already doing that in this country with my tax money that is going to the banks here.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
SAS Member

I've gotten a few of those. One was "from" a girl in Africa whose parents just died and left her a multi-million dollar fortune. If I helped "her" redeem the money in the U.S. (by giving her my bank account number), she would give me $100,000;-)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

Have a nice day,
Kelly
Since the originator of the letter is most likely in nigeria, probably none. It's always fun to message them back and waste their time, watch them get angrier and angrier as they realize they aren't going to get anything from you. http://www.419eater.com/ is a website that documents these types of activities, they've even managed to get a few hundred dollars from some of the scammers. While nigeria is a h*** hole and I feel sorry for them somewhat the scammers really do deserve it, they feel pride in fooling americans and even have music videos glorifying the scam and fooling "stupid americans" some people have even been killed being lured to nigeria.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page