Most embarrassing thing you've done while drunk/high? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Most embarrassing thing you've done while drunk/high?

While high on benzos I facebooked an old crush from school (this was over 10 years after I left school) telling her how I used to feel about her and how I didn't date her back then because I had something called social anxiety and how it made me all weird and unable to talk to her.

This turned out to be a massive blunder since I knew (from other people) she had the hots for me back then and now after telling why I didn't talk to her (back at school) she believed I was just lying to her about being shy and believed that I didn't approach her because I didn't want her. She asked me wtf was up with me for messaging her and telling her all this stuff and dragging up old things and for basically p***ing her off (she thought I just messaged her to tell her I rejected her and was rubbing her face in it). I made up some bs about messaging her as a dare (the real reason was to have sex with her and take her as my gf but I never told her that). This reason enraged her and she dared me to meet her face to face to tell her all of this (yeah I figured she just wanted to sock it to me face to face). I ended up sending messages to her in the second person pretending to be someone else to save face so that if I ever ran into her I could deny I ever contacted her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 12:58 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
I don't remember it but apparently I puked in my roommate's car. Didn't know why he didn't talk to me for a few days. I was blissfully unaware. Come to think of it, probably the most embarrassing things are things I don't remember and if no one told me later, I wouldn't know about it.

Alcohol induced amnesia is freaky. It's like your memory was stolen from you. Like it wasn't even you. I've talked to a few people about nights that I don't remember and they said I seemed drunk but nothing too bad. Still functioning- able to walk, talk, not piss my pants.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 02:24 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Yeah puked in a co-workers car coming home from a work Christmas party, he was a Bible bashing teetotaler so that went down well.

I was extremely uncomfortable in that situation so drinking was the solution, I've got better at drinking since then, 10 years more practice, no more puking <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/celebrate.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 02:29 PM
alien monk

threw up on a couch a long long time ago, and i think i talked a lot of pathetic ****. my only ever experience of going to a random party for the purpose of drinking. remembered none of it thankfully, except people picked me up and carried me somewhere which felt like i was flying lol.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
threw up on a couch a long long time ago, and i think i talked a lot of pathetic ****.
That's good pathetic **** is life

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 03:22 PM
alien monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
That's good pathetic **** is life

i didn't have much confidence back then. i'm still as lost as ever, but at least i have my own values and self-esteem etc. now. i'm sure if i did it again, i'd be talking to them about climate change and animal abuse and they would pick me up and put me outside for different reasons lol.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I have hardly ever been THAT drunk that it caused me to do anything embarrassing. I tripped over my dog one time when I was drunk but that was funny. I passed out in the hallway once and puked up red Mad Dog 20/20 all over the carpet. Not really embarrassing. Just stupid. If I was going to get that drunk and have to spend so many hours cleaning up the mess, I could have at least done it with something more expensive than Mad Dog.

Funny. I just remembered that I still own (and use) the Shop Vac I used to clean that mess up with like 15 years ago. It's right there in a corner in my bedroom right now.

I also really only ever got high on weed and weed never made me that stupid that I'd do anything embarrassing. I think I might have been one of those people who was actually smarter when stoned.

/WYSD
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 03:43 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I have hardly ever been THAT drunk that it caused me to do anything embarrassing. I tripped over my dog one time when I was drunk but that was funny. I passed out in the hallway once and puked up red Mad Dog 20/20 all over the carpet. Not really embarrassing. Just stupid. If I was going to get that drunk and have to spend so many hours cleaning up the mess, I could have at least done it with something more expensive than Mad Dog.

Funny. I just remembered that I still own (and use) the Shop Vac I used to clean that mess up with like 15 years ago. It's right there in a corner in my bedroom right now.

I also really only ever got high on weed and weed never made me that stupid that I'd do anything embarrassing. I think I might have been one of those people who was actually smarter when stoned.
Mad dog is some rough ****. I've seen dudes puke that up before. It's not pretty hehe
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
Mad dog is some rough ****. I've seen dudes puke that up before. It's not pretty hehe
Yeah. That stuff could probably be put in a spray bottle and used as roach spray or something.

/WYSD
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 04:53 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
Never been drunk or high.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 12:36 AM
Sas user

i try my hardest to forget stuff like this. they do come into my head sometimes. they've actually built up now where i have a physical reaction whenever these memories come back out of nowhere. i should be accepting them, sometimes i try letting the memories back without pushing them out but my instinct is to push them out. but its been a while i havent gone drinking with other people since 2015, maybe 2016.

believe in urself
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 12:49 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Threw up in the street, needed help walking. I have done way more embarrassing/cringy stuff while sober though.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 01:01 AM
SAS Member

Passed out naked in my pickup truck and woke up with a police car pulled behind me. I was arrested.

- Strong
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 01:07 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strong Silent Type View Post
Passed out naked in my pickup truck and woke up with a police car pulled behind me. I was arrested.
Actually, trying to have sex and not being able to get it up was a lot more embarrassing for me.

- Strong
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 01:23 AM
Social Pothole

Threw up all over my friend's friend's house in a new swanky house he just moved in. I never met him before that, so that made it much worse. I didn't remember any of it. All I remembered was we were playing a drinking card game King's Cup. And then I was very buzz when some random black guy with pink dreadlocks was showing me this weird voodoo psychedelic phone app he has which made my buzz felt even better. Those were the last thing I remembered. Then all of a sudden I was sitting on a sofa with some random white golden retriever on my lap and a couple of my friends sitting there watching Food Network reruns, and some random guy there forcing me to drink electrolyte water saying I need it. While most people have left and it was 1am. That was when I learned what happened. It was embarrassing. I felt horrible. I never got a chance to see him again to apologize. My friend who invited me was so upset at me, she wouldn't drive me home when others at the party pushed her to. So I just slept it out in my car until the morning and drove myself home. Unfortunately she and I quickly grew apart since then.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 06:49 PM
be soft

yikes, some things should not be remembered. my physical form can't handle even mild strains of weed-my senses don't work anymore (my open eyes see black), i can't control my movements, i sweat profusely. it's a whole trip. it would have been so nice to discover this in a safe environment and not a coffeeshop in amsterdam on a chilly november night with a flatmate i wasn't super close to and didn't like much tbh. i was drunk, too. anyway, i remember the bartender(?) had his hands on my hips so he could guide me up the steps to the bench outside. he also brought me this soury drink/said it would help. eventually my flatmate walked me home /: i've never really been embarrassed by this tho. by the time i had the good sense to be embarrassed, i thought it was terrifying instead.

as for uh just drunk. i didn't pace myself at our house gathering and my flatmates had to carry me to my room. i guess it was obvious that i was about to hurl bc they put the bin in front of me and i f-cking missed. at which point, they changed me into a fresh set of clothes and my bed sheets, too Q_Q i wonder how those beautiful angels are doing.

'there is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go' (tennessee williams)

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 05:35 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Threw up in the street, needed help walking. I have done way more embarrassing/cringy stuff while sober though.
So you threw up and needed help walking when drunk? Of it had only been help walking, then that wouldn't have been so bad.

Isn't it funny that the most common thing seems to be "I threw up" .something about that seems to be the worst. But It's not embarrassing if you were sick in your own bathroom when you got home, tho. It's only if it's Infront of someone else. And anyway, the other drunk people you're with are probably not gonna care very much, unless you ruin something of theirs like.being sick in their car or on their carpet. Lol

No, I have not thrown up in front of anyone else or in a car etc, after going out to a bars or clubs etc, but I think only once I came close but it didn't happen thank god, and the feeling passed in about 20 mins.. I know when I've got to my limit.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear.
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 05:44 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
So you threw up and needed help walking when drunk, or you had gastroenteritis or something not self inflicted?

Isn't it funny that the most common thing seems to be "I threw up" . It's not embarrassing if you were sick in your own bathroom when you got home, tho. It's only if it's Infront of someone else. And anyway, the other drunk people you're with are probably not gonna care very much, unless you ruin something of theirs like.being sick in their car or carpet.

No, I have not thrown up in front of anyone else after going out to a bars or clubs etc, but I think once I came close but it didn't happen thank god. I know when I've got to my limit.
I mean given the context I obviously threw up from the alcohol lol. Well I didn't really find throwing up embarrassing, or being drunk since it's the UK you know, but I've only been properly drunk once so I don't have a lot to draw from. I used to drink a lot but didn't get drunk.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 05:50 AM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
So you threw up and needed help walking when drunk, or you had gastroenteritis or something not self inflicted?

Isn't it funny that the most common thing seems to be "I threw up" . It's not embarrassing if you were sick in your own bathroom when you got home, tho. It's only if it's Infront of someone else. And anyway, the other drunk people you're with are probably not gonna care very much, unless you ruin something of theirs like.being sick in their car or carpet.

No, I have not thrown up in front of anyone else after going out to a bars or clubs etc, but I think once I came close but it didn't happen thank god. I know when I've got to my limit.

I threw up in my mates parents hanging flower basket in the back garden, at a party round there, when stood right next to mate. I just about remember saying to him it was just the right height, and right next to me, so very convenient..it made perfect sense to me at the time.

Round another mates ha, I was just about to throw up near back fence with neighour, obviously bent over in postition, but then just drunkenly tipped forward and into the fence, where my head went right through it, and threw up in his neighbours back garden. Just my head sticking thru ha.

I was the resonabaly sensible one too.

**** your feelings !!

SFC
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 06:24 AM
SAS Member

I’ll say something I did when I was straight,
Accidentally tried to walk into someone house because there building looked really similar to the “public” pray building in the next street over.
The first door was unlocked
Thanks goodness the next door was locked otherwise I would have been trespassing and who knows shot?

But the most cringy thing is accidentally liking someone’s post when ur not even their friend on Facebook but happened to click on their profile -_-
It’s like oh man I’m pretty sure there gona get that notification even though I unliked it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page