***Lets all become vegan 2018*** - Page 11 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #201 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat001 View Post
Not that I’m against veganism is or vegetarianism but if animals and ethics are the concern then I think it should be made aware that agriculture is one of the main causes of species decline, ahead of animal farming as a much larger area of land requires conversion for agriculture than it does for animals. Agriculture can also erode soil, thereby contributing to environmental degradation. Soybean plantations and palm oil (often labelled as vegetable oil among many other names) are prime examples of crops that contribute strongly to biodiversity loss and enviromental damage, these foods are also ‘vegan friendly’ yet contribute directly to deforestation, animal deaths and species decline. I’m not trying to put anyone off a vegan diet but it’s an issue that really needs to be addressed.
This is particularly why the Buddhist diet works so well, because plants and animals are valued equally as living things, and even plants have limits when it comes to conservation, because eating these is essentially killing the base of where it started, therefore preventing any more to flourish.

Agriculturally this is also just as releveant, but there can be exclusions, or different rules, varying from culture to culture which allow consumption of some meats and vegtables, whereas others completely banish the idea of eating any meats or most plants for that matter, however, fruit is the main source of food, and essentially, this is the best diet that a vegan could have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 01:07 AM
SAS Member

Language: english, tagolog, chinese
My Mood: Amused
humans are animals, also. i have always been a vegetarian if seafood, vegetables and fruits qualify

Shyra Marie
post #203 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyraclifford View Post
humans are animals, also. i have always been a vegetarian if seafood, vegetables and fruits qualify
This is primarily why some tribes of different cultures allow consumption of humans. e.g. long pigs, because they taste similar to other animals e.g., (which I do not condone of the slightest), but what they do consider morally ethical in their culture has a lot to do with their core beliefs, (which would be seen as barbaric or grotesque because of the sheer nature of it), compared to our western culture, and would be opposed to idea of veganism based off the very concept of what it stands for, as well as vegetarian diets for that matter.

Since I do condone in eating seafood/sea animals though, and not so much animal meat, I regard it as a step up from veganism, (as eating vegetables and fruits alone I'd find difficult to stick with), and apart from that, has many health benefits, such as Omega 3's from fish, seaweed etc.

That does not mean to say though, I am against any kind of religion or any of their food practices, out of respect, as every culture (including ethnicity) and the food they eat, that practices religion of any kind, take this into consideration to some degree, and what may be seen as ethical to one culture, may not be seen in the same light as a different culture, and so on.
post #204 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:56 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I believe you would be considered a pescetarian.
post #205 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 05:05 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine

"If you need a safe space, see a therapist" - Jordan Peterson
post #206 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
No way, I need cow, if they have a good life & a quick death thats the best any of us can hope for.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #207 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Finally figured out what OP's original account was.

Quote:
Pescetarian.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #208 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 01:39 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheeky
I think having a balanced diet of healthy meats, fish, and vegetables is still the best. Just choosing one way to access all your minerals vitamins and Protein is just too much of a hassle.

Live life no matter what.. never quit you deserve better.
post #209 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Death is my comforter.

Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
My Mood: Dead
Treating your diet like a popularity contest or some kind of fashion is dangerous, IMHO. Just because everyone else is eating a certain way, doesn't mean it is the right way for you as an individual. Some of the foods you're eating right now could be the main contributors to your mental health problems. Oh yes, food is not only good or bad for your physical health but for your mental health, as well.

Good luck finding the right diet for you!
post #210 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 PM
SAS Member

Let's not and come to terms that a trend isn't always healthy anemia is to common plus the only vegans I know are vegans who chose to spare an animals life outa compassion if your sacrificing meat n dairy to benefit others n not yourself than your a true vegan rember you have your teeth and digestive for a reason
post #211 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 10:39 PM
SAS Member

Language: Gibberish
I was vegan for like a year... I think that's long enough for one lifetime.

Bleh.
post #212 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 05:05 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes View Post
I was vegan for like a year... I think that's long enough for one lifetime.
I think you did it wrong. I eat the same as I ever did I just substitute real meat for a vegan version. Most of them taste exactly the same. Maybe you dont have good options where you live?

Meat and dairy are archaic, veganism is gaining momentum more and more everyday. The only hope the meat industry has is "lab grown" meat. The current way of doing things will cease to exist at some point.

post #213 of 241 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 04:20 AM
SAS Member

Sorry dude, but i can not do it right now. May be next time.
post #214 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 04:11 PM
SAS Member

OMG so tough to eat vegan...really missing out, lol. Not!

The wing things were bbq'd, taste 99% like meat and nothing had to die or suffer for it.

post #215 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:33 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Its easy when you believe in what youre doing.
post #216 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 10:02 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman can View Post

The wing things were bbq'd, taste 99% like meat and nothing had to die or suffer for it.
What are those wing things?
post #217 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Hand Solo

Language: Wookiee
Quote:

I don't believe you at all about the taste. You are vegan anyway, so how would you know what meat tastes like. I get sick of vegans saying it tastes the same and then you bite into it and it's horrible. I think you would be better off from a marketing point of view if you were honest. "It tastes like ****, a dog and a cat would refuse to eat it, but it slightly resembles meat."
post #218 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 03:09 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
I don't believe you at all about the taste. You are vegan anyway, so how would you know what meat tastes like. I get sick of vegans saying it tastes the same and then you bite into it and it's horrible. I think you would be better off from a marketing point of view if you were honest. "It tastes like ****, a dog and a cat would refuse to eat it, but it slightly resembles meat."
I've been vegan not even a year, I know full well what meat tastes like as well as texture and whatever. Those wings nailed the texture. The flavour was added by me and they were bbq'd. The bbq sauce is just a regular grocery store brand, most of them seem to be vegan, and I added some spices myself.

Some vegan meat sucks there is no doubt but some tastes exactly the same. It's fun experimenting with different brands seeing who got what right.

Bonus is not having to worry about e-coli and salmonella, constantly washing everything you touch, obessing over hitting 165C, and all that headache. What a pain in the ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolese View Post
What are those wing things?
Their products are here.

http://happyveggieworld.com/our-products/

post #219 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry

Boil?

Main part of my diet is virgin olive oil

meat
fish
tofu
veg

anything needs frying
post #220 of 241 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 06:17 AM
Hand Solo

Language: Wookiee
Quote:
I've been vegan not even a year, I know full well what meat tastes like as well as texture and whatever. Those wings nailed the texture. The flavour was added by me and they were bbq'd. The bbq sauce is just a regular grocery store brand, most of them seem to be vegan, and I added some spices myself.

Some vegan meat sucks there is no doubt but some tastes exactly the same. It's fun experimenting with different brands seeing who got what right.

Bonus is not having to worry about e-coli and salmonella, constantly washing everything you touch, obessing over hitting 165C, and all that headache. What a pain in the ***.

Their products are here.

http://happyveggieworld.com/our-products/
Salmonella is very common in vegetables. Lettuce for instance. Especially if it's organic, and then there are chemicals on it if it's not organic. I hope you still wash everything.

I am waiting to become vegan until we have replicators. Shouldn't be too much longer, we already have computer phones.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page