If your ugly you are free - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

If your ugly you are free

I'm ugly I want to get that out of the way first. I believe ugly people are more free than beautiful people. They don't have to worry about how their hair looks or what clothes to wear because they are ugly anyway. I noticed that all the good looking people put so much time and effort in there looks. I don't get it if you are born beautiful you can wear homeless people clothing and still look good. So if your ugly please don't try to look good just accept it and don't care anymore. That's what I'm trying to do but I can't figure out how to do it. I shave my head but that the only thing I have done. Let's start a movement if you are a guy and you feel ugly shave your head. I'll promise you you'll feel better. If your a girl I'm sorry I don't know what you can do. Please don't shave your head because......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
Still ugly if I tried.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 01:29 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Um. Let me break this down real quick

1. if you're ugly don't do anything about your looks it doesn't matter

2. ugly guys lets shave our heads

3. ugly women don't shave your head because

???

Have a think and go back to point 1 in your logic.

Also someone, a really wise person that is (OK not a person a tiny fairy with boots and a really long beard, and sparkly wings) told me also that even though being bald is cool for some people, that it's also a really good idea for many guys to grow out their hair at least a little bit, or maybe to shoulder length or longer, like that's definitely a thing you should do and totally not based on Persephone's personal preferences at all *choking fit* nope, pure objective advice. You should thank me really for this free advice.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 02:12 AM
Planet

My Mood: Crappy
Be hygenic and presentable regardless of your aesthetics. You can have a face like a donkey's *** and no suit, no good haircut, no nothing would help you but that doesn't mean you can choose to dress like a goof at your office job.

JUST DO IT, ******
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 06:48 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
As someone who is aesthetically challenged, I kinda agree that you are a lot more freer being ugly. In the sense that there isn't so much pressure on you to look the part. But I still believe we have to try to look presentable and appropriate. I'm ugly as hell, and even I try to dress nicely and look as decent as possible, even though it doesn't make an ounce of a difference in my case. I feel it's only common curtsey to other people and the rest of society to dress appropriately.

Oh, and you are not ugly. You're very normal/average looking.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Eternal Slack

My Mood: Dead
I sort of understand what you're getting at, though I don't consider myself ugly. In fact, I find the question rather irrelevant...being the aromantic/gray asexual/whatever oddball that I am, I'm not exactly out to attract people. I like to make myself presentable with nice clothes/hygiene, I like to be clean shaven (because facial hair is itchy, luckily my facial hair grows slowly), but that's about the extent of my efforts. For a while now I've been buzzcutting my hair pretty short fairly often because that style is extremely low maintenance, whether it looks good on me or not is irrelevant.

I don't know how "free" that makes me...but it certainly frees up time. Maybe it's just my lack of understanding of the human race, but I'm always amazed at the amount of time and effort some people put into their cosmetic appearance.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by munir View Post
I'm ugly
If that's you in your avatar, you're not ugly. You're about average or slightly above.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:25 AM
SAS Member

what. the uglier people have to do more to try look good. i cant go anywhere with clothes that dont match,not having my beard on point or dirty shoes. (unless im working out) ,because im insecure , so i have to try and look my best at all times.

one thing thats a pro about being ugly though , at least people you have relationships , you know they really like you for you.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Shut the front door

My Mood: Breezy
Um the "uglier" you are, the more prone you are to being ridiculed. People that are considered uglier generally put more time and effort into being accepted by others (if they want to be accepted by others), whether it's through improving their looks to "catch up" to everyone else or working on another part of their life such as their intelligence or charisma to make up for what they "lack" in the looks department.

Your mum's chest hair
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:52 AM
The Shadow Prophet

My Mood: Inspired
Well at least you know someone likes you for your personality or compatibility (or money) if you're ugly.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Training a unicorn

My Mood: Goofy
Free at last, free at last, if you're ugly as hell, you're free at last-Martin Luther King Jr.?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.- Frank Herbert
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
You're pissing on yourself and calling it rain.

Does being ugly excuse you from proper hygiene and maintaining your health? Does it excuse you from developing good self-esteem and self-confidence? Yeah, being ugly is hard. So is being paraplegic or poor or any of the other misfortunes that can fall on a person.

Work on your personality, make yourself interesting, develop a personal style that incorporates what you can't change and accentuates your best features. Get plastic surgery if you can afford it. Don't use your obstacles as an excuse to give up on yourself.

"Self-acceptance" gets thrown around too often on this forum as a way to side-step respecting yourself. If you respect yourself, you don't accept things you can change. You fight for yourself. And your appearance is always somewhat under your control.

Lol @ the self-contradictory "girls, don't shave your head even though you're so ugly no one would date you anyway" advice.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 10:04 AM
SAS Member

Alas, I suppose I shall forever be shackled by the chains of beauty.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Relapse...

Good looking people can wear ugly clothes and have bad hair and still look good, they make ugly stuff look good. Its the average and ugly people that have to try so hard to look acceptable.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by munir View Post
I'm ugly
You have got to be kidding. If that is you in your profile picture, you are not ugly at all. Its your SA that makes you believe you are ugly. I went through many years of believing I was so ugly and deformed but then I realized it was my SA making me feel that way.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 04:28 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
My dakimakura is made from my hair and tears.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page