If you had a fursona, what would it be? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic

If you had a fursona, what would it be?

(Assuming you don’t already have one)

I’m leaning towards a hyena because of Haida/Heinrich from Aggressive Retsuko. Maybe a wolf too, I think having a dog fursona would feel too awkward because I’ve always had them as pets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:58 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Caterpillars are kinda hairy so I choose that and I just sort of wiggle round on the floor naked while eating someone's crops
Edit: oh oh and I call myself the very hungry Caterpillar
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:30 AM
SAS Member

a tiger?
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:13 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I guess I'm more 'scaly' than 'furry' since I feel more affinity for dragon aesthetics than other stuff. Also created a fantasy character in a story that was from a elf/dragon kind of species (not literally but the visual image was supposed to be some kind of mix.) Not a self insert though, just one of the secondary characters. Also came up with the idea of like a dragon glove that shoots fireballs and some kind of technomancer whose whole thing is inspired by dragons, so yeah.. That one would be closest I think.

I also like crows inspired aesthetics. Like plague doctor masks probably because they're creepy.

I mean, personality wise I relate a lot to cats but not the catpeople moe online image.

I don't really like the artstyle of fursonas though personally.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:04 AM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Anglerfish (obv):

• horrifyingly creepy and ugly
  • dwells in the deep, murky darkness
  • lures unsuspecting prey to their doom

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:55 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
A Thundercat?

You're Winner!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:15 AM
☆ Moderator ☆

I’ve never heard of a fursona, but I think I would want to be a dog or cat. Sometimes I think of what I would do. I imagine myself hiding behind the corner of the couch and jumping onto someone’s head when they’re not expecting it. You could get away with almost anything you wanted.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:19 PM
SAS Member

I mostly just care that it has wings.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:25 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Language: sarcasm
Definitely a lizard person/reptilian lol. I wish plant people also counted, I would choose that too.

I have a couple of kigurumis that multiple people have accused me of being a furry and having a "fur suit" over haha

If I had to pick strictly furry.. idk honestly. A ferret possibly.

Oh! Maybe an aye aye!

aw she's quite cute
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:16 PM

Language: sarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Anglerfish (obv):

• horrifyingly creepy and ugly
  • dwells in the deep, murky darkness
  • lures unsuspecting prey to their doom
I know you are being self deprecating but that is a pretty dope idea.

I like it
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Yoink

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:05 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
One time when I smoked dmt I saw my friend turn into a reptile person, it's like it was her version of what she would look like if she was a reptile hybrid or something. Kind of looked like a ninja turtle but she was beautiful and had green and purple bars moving clockwise up her arms, over her head and around her body.

I've never thought about what I would be but since I'm born in the Chinese year of the tiger I would just go with that, kind of like ssj 4 Goku.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxslide View Post
I know you are being self deprecating but that is a pretty dope idea.
Anglerfish are actually pretty cool. It was between that and a blanket octopus. Which has a cape and uses a Portuguese man o' war stinger for a whip. It's basically the supervillain of the deep.

I just love aquatic lifeforms in general. I should have been a marine biologist.

I like aye-aye's too.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 06:27 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
One time when I smoked dmt I saw my friend turn into a reptile person, it's like it was her version of what she would look like if she was a reptile hybrid or something. Kind of looked like a ninja turtle but she was beautiful and had green and purple bars moving clockwise up her arms, over her head and around her body.

I've never thought about what I would be but since I'm born in the Chinese year of the tiger I would just go with that, kind of like ssj 4 Goku.
I find it interesting how often people who smoke DMT have visions of either cats or reptiles, they seem quite embedded symbolically into people's subconscious. I'm curious about cultural differences in what people see while on DMT too.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:18 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I find it interesting how often people who smoke DMT have visions of either cats or reptiles, they seem quite embedded symbolically into people's subconscious. I'm curious about cultural differences in what people see while on DMT too.
I haven't heard about that but it wouldn't surprise me. Wonder why she turned into a reptile, it was def pretty surreal and awesome. Later on she went to open the front door (in human form lol), it was day time and a white ball of light the size of two basketballs came thru the door and stopped right next to me. It felt very real to me, like you know when your hallucinating but sometimes things like this feel very real, it's like it was conscious and knew that I could see it.

Another time I was on Stilnox , a sleeping people know to make you hallucinate and I was tripping big time. I was imagining that I had all these people over in my room and we were all talking and stuff even some of the furniture felt like they had consciousness, at the time it felt real but of course later on I knew I was just imagining it. But there was this small purple coloured elf woman standing in between me and my computer desk, she had long blue hair that with two braids that came down into a tail all the way down her back. She seemed so real, she felt like she was actually there and she stood there her right side facing me with this cheeky look on her face as if she knew I could see her but I wasn't good enough or something to get her full attention. I think that some drugs can open you up to seeing into other dimensions , I'm not convinced that the elf and ball of light are real but they def felt like it.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:03 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I haven't heard about that but it wouldn't surprise me. Wonder why she turned into a reptile, it was def pretty surreal and awesome. Later on she went to open the front door (in human form lol), it was day time and a white ball of light the size of two basketballs came thru the door and stopped right next to me. It felt very real to me, like you know when your hallucinating but sometimes things like this feel very real, it's like it was conscious and knew that I could see it.
It's something I noticed while reading/watching anecdotes on hallucinogens, especially the reptiles.

https://kahpi.net/meeting-the-dmt-trip-entities-in-art/

Quote:
Reptiles are also reported with some regularity, especially immaculately black, shiny reptiles who are often bipedal and anthropomorphic. Snakes figure as elements in a number of images depicting DMT trips. They are significant in many indigenous Amazonian cosmologies, where they are closely associated with the DMT-containing entheogen ayahuasca.

At the risk of grossly simplifying a very complex symbol, the aspects of the serpent that are most relevant to DMT in the case of these Amazonian systems are the snake’s motion, patterning, and ability to renew its designs through the shedding of skin: these being the metaphoric hallmarks also of all perceptual qualia (Lagrou, 2000). Snakes and ayahuasca vines are intimately related: “what unites both elements is precisely that design that offers itself on the surface of the snake and awaits in the interior of the vine” [as visions] (Saéz, 2000:39).
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...=posts&t=23508

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...=posts&t=71635

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13620387

This person said they felt like they became reptilian:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DMT/comment...ike_a_reptile/

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...=posts&t=42843

Simon Amstell the comedian had a similar effect where he felt he became a cat on ayahuasca (he talked about it more in some standup as well):

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2...ulous-thoughts

Quote:
“They’re very beautiful, balletic movements. I started after Peru – something had happened where I felt more in my body. In one of the ceremonies I ended up becoming a cat, looking around the room and growling, and I wanted to keep that going.” When he’s finished leaping, he has some porridge, and then he writes three pages of stream-of-consciousness nonsense and, after he’s showered, sits down to work on his new script. What will this next film be about, I ask, and he pauses for a moment while he waits for the word to come. “I think… freedom?”
This woman filmed herself trying it and saw a bunch of cats:

(Surprised that was allowed, must have gotten demonetized because YouTube is a *****.)

cat dimensions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DMT/comment...cat_dimension/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/...lack_cat_like/

Quote:
Another time I was on Stilnox , a sleeping people know to make you hallucinate and I was tripping big time. I was imagining that I had all these people over in my room and we were all talking and stuff even some of the furniture felt like they had consciousness, at the time it felt real but of course later on I knew I was just imagining it. But there was this small purple coloured elf woman standing in between me and my computer desk, she had long blue hair that with two braids that came down into a tail all the way down her back. She seemed so real, she felt like she was actually there and she stood there her right side facing me with this cheeky look on her face as if she knew I could see her but I wasn't good enough or something to get her full attention. I think that some drugs can open you up to seeing into other dimensions , I'm not convinced that the elf and ball of light are real but they def felt like it.
That sounds awesome. I've never hallucinated visually before. The only time was when I had sleep paralysis but it was all auditory because I couldn't move or open my eyes and maybe my face was in the pillow (I don't think that's common for sleep paralysis most seem to have their eyes stuck open.) Just felt the sensation of something alien and evil standing come into my bedroom and stand over me and that it was going to kill me. It whispered something to me but I can't remember what, felt an emotional level of fear that I hadn't experienced in real life ever which was interesting though my emotions are stronger in my dreams in general than they are in real life. Almost like I'm more alive in dreams sometimes, which is a bit sad lol :/
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Permanently Banned

i'm much more comfortable just wanting to bone them.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Just felt the sensation of something alien and evil standing come into my bedroom and stand over me and that it was going to kill me. It whispered something to me but I can't remember what, felt an emotional level of fear that I hadn't experienced in real life ever which was interesting though my emotions are stronger in my dreams in general than they are in real life. Almost like I'm more alive in dreams sometimes, which is a bit sad lol :/
had almost exactly that. yowza. but yeah my eyes were frozen open.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:39 AM
experimental sincerity

No idea. My spirit animal is a snake with a claw and my Chinese zodiac is a golden dragon. Perhaps the snake with a claw is a dragon in the making. I'm nowhere near a dragon though. Maybe in a bunch of reincarnations...

If it was up to me, I'd love to be the most majestic of all animals - Bagheera. Kipling's, not Disney's.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page