If you could improve one thing about yourself, what will it be? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:54 PM

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
That's not nearly enough but I guess increase motivation/get rid of the lack of general apathy.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:20 PM
loser

Language: some French, some German, English and my mother tongue which is also top secret
Self esteem. If I had that I would have a successful life. I have no ambition either but I guess that's the result of no self esteem. Oh maybe have a talent or so but perhaps that also comes with self esteem
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Harvester of Sorrow

Language: English, Broken Cantonese, Spanish Curse words, few words of Mandarin
My Mood: Lonely
My living situation.

"There's a fine line between the peacefulness of solitude and the loneliness of isolation."
- Dr. Hill, Until Dawn
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:25 AM
SAS Member

being articulate, not sounding illiterate when speaking. i think i have trouble thinking and speaking at the same time.

it has nothing to do with being dumb or smart. i believe i'm at least average intelligence. perhaps it's my anxiety, or maybe more than just anxiety?
i have two mother tongues, but never felt comfortable speaking at all.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:37 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
I wish I didn't care. There are things I don't care about but they're all the wrong things. When it comes to something where I need to not care in order to get to where I need to be, I care way more than you have to if you need to get to that place.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Searching for something

Location: Somewhere under the rule of a Twitter-loving Cheeto
Language: English
My Mood: Doh
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
Self esteem. If I had that I would have a successful life. I have no ambition either but I guess that's the result of no self esteem. Oh maybe have a talent or so but perhaps that also comes with self esteem
Same though. Confidence has always been something I admire in others. In tough times I remember something a former teacher used to say: "Fake it until you make it". (Context: He taught the school orchestra and no one cared enough to practice but we all loved him, just not the subject.) Even now I'm pretending to know what I'm doing on this forum when I really don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
That's not nearly enough but I guess increase motivation/get rid of the lack of general apathy.
Yeah having no motivation sucks. Like in the end, does it really matter? I feel like society expects us to go to school and study hard so that we can go to a better college and get a better job which will get us more money therefore leading us to a happier, more comfortable life. But some of us are born into really terrible situations and it's almost impossible to just have a good life while others are born into amazing situations but are miserable and I often feel really guilty that I have so many opportunities but not the motivation to take them while somewhere else, someone who really needs it would work so hard when given those opportunities. I feel bad that I don't care enough to try hard.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page