Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

If you could change or stop one event in World History

3K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Blue Dino 
#1 ·
If you could change or stop one event in World History from occurring to make the world a better place what would it be?

I would say I would go and stop Hitler from being born or kill him. Would save millions of lives. Wonder how today would be different if their was no World War 2

#2 ·
I would prevent the Library of Alexandria from burning. From my understanding, we would be quite a bit more advanced of a society if it had not burned down. This is of course discounting that it would probably result in everyone alive today from existing. So, I'll pretend this is in an alternate universe where it would have no impact on ours.

#6 ·
I would prevent the Library of Alexandria from burning. From my understanding, we would be quite a bit more advanced of a society if it had not burned down.
Yes imagine all the great works of literature and phlisophy that were lost in the fire of Alexandria. Made me think of what if Johannes Gutenberg had never invented the printing press. If it had never been invented much of that knowledge would have been lost to history because it never would have gotten put down on paper.

#3 ·
I actually wouldn't have been born if World War 2 didn't happen lol, that's probably a win. In spite of that I don't think I'd stop it, I think I'd stop something sooner @zonebox's answer is good actually.

There's so many possibilities really... Maybe I'd do something to mess with the progress of the Abrahamic religions development. Like something that would result in promoting apocrypha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament_apocrypha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha

"Jesus said to them 'When you make the two one and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside and the above like the below and when you make the male and the female one and the same so that the male be not male nor the female female… then you will enter the kingdom.' "
"This is the first thought, his image; she became the womb of everything, for it is she who is prior to them all, the Mother-Father, the first man (Anthropos), the holy Spirit, the thrice-male, the thrice-powerful, the thrice-named androgynous one, and the eternal aeon among the invisible ones, and the first to come forth."
That would be fun to see.

#4 ·
I actually wouldn't have been born if World War 2 didn't happen lol, that's probably a win. In spite of that I don't think I'd stop it, I think I'd stop something sooner
Yep lots of people would not have been born if WW2 never happened. The Baby boom generation would not have existed.

Although if all the people who were killed had lived a lot of them would have had kids as well. So gained child births in one group of people but lost it in another.

#5 ·
I've always had a time travelling fascination with going to Dallas on the day of JFK's murder. I'd stand near the grassy knoll and take a photo of the "2nd shooter", or maybe have a dog, or skunk, attack him before taking the shot.

#7 ·
I wouldnt change anything. the whole time travel thing is just gonna end badly. I dont think I'd kill anyone. I dont have anything special to offer anyone from any time.

#8 ·
The cynic in me says that hypothetical wisdom only seems wise until you try it. Reality usually doesn't follow the path you think it will. Or actually, any change you make is not going to lead to a straight path in the direction you aimed for. It's still going to go wherever it wants.

#9 ·
it's funny that people would go back in time to stop atrocities but wont stop future atrocities that they are causing now. in the future you'll have to go back to the past and kill yourself.

#10 ·
Wonder how today would be different if their was no World War 2
Less advanced technology, possibly no nukes, no jet engines, no computers, probably more efficient medical techniques developed from treating so many wounded.

The tech probably might have been developed anyway but much slower, nothing speeds up technology advancement better than wanting to kill something more efficiently :lol... otherwise things stagnate.

#14 ·
History always has ramifications you can never account for. Killing Hitler might result in even more deaths. You have to remember that there were a lot more expansionist states around other than Germany, and that the public resentment existed in spite of Hitler, he just gave a voice to it.

#16 ·
I'd eliminate any and all forerunners of our species, maybe as far back as the first creatures to crawl out of the Sea onto land. Or perhaps just kill the first basic, unicellular organism so that life would never have gotten going on this planet at all.

Our highly evolved state has always been exceptionally unlikely; that it could happen again some other place and/or time is possible but not plausible. But could you imagine this planet if we weren't here to pollute, mutilate and destroy it? **** Humanity.

#20 ·
I'd eliminate any and all forerunners of our species, maybe as far back as the first creatures to crawl out of the Sea onto land. Or perhaps just kill the first basic, unicellular organism so that life would never have gotten going on this planet at all.
Don't sound like you think to highly of the human race! Agree in a lot of ways just look at all the violence and the way we have destroyed the planet. But the human race has done some good things as well so you got to take the good with the bad I guess

#17 ·
One thing. That's not possible.
Other one is that if you change past, it doesn't mean that you'll have better present or future, it might even become only worse because of that...
Watching Steins;Gate really made me think of that...

#24 ·
I'd stop the invention of the automobile. But i'm not sure how i could prevent it from ever happening. I think it's the main cause of society's downfall, and has helped lead to other harmful inventions in someway or another. And helped human expansion to an extreme that is bad for everyone.

#32 ·
I don't frequent the establishment known as "mc Donald's" but I think I really need to try this so called "mc rib"

#40 ·
Stopping social media would change the world at this point for sure. But I think both good and bad come from social media. I would have loved to have this type of social media forum like Social Anxiety Support available when I was a teenager. When have gotten some good advice I needed back then. If you didnt have a wise relative or friend to give you advice you were pretty much screwed. Would just have to go to the library and hope to find a good book on the subject.

So the internet / social media can be a great help in getting info. We just have to have a better way of sorting out which info is true and which isnt!

#36 ·
It seems that I am actually working very hard to stop myself from killing Henry Kissinger.

I will do my best to write simply and freely, without attempting to be overly cute about what I'm saying. It feels important to say this thing.

I know that making this sort of admission is perhaps not so helpful for my good reputation (like when I mentioned my role in what happened to Jeffrey Epstein). However, I believe that a policy of honesty is the best way to engender trust.

With regard to Mr Epstein, I simply wanted to expose the criminal network of human trafficking and sexual abuse that has been operating worldwide; I was getting impatient about IICSA, Cyril Smith, Jimmy Savile, and Peter Hayman -- so I chose to put some pressure on the British establishment without giving much of a s*** regarding how that happened. Athena helped me by repurposing some unpleasant things I said previously, which then pushed the issue of Epstein's friend -- Prince Andrew -- onto the nightly news. I thought "Oh this is useful!", then worked with that royal scandal to demonstrate (to criminal bankers) that she who giveth can also taketh away.

https://people.com/royals/prince-an...-wiped-out-says-royal-historian-robert-lacey/

The first episode of the fifth season of the TV show, Henry Danger, features a Jason (Wonder Woman's brother), getting a little miffed and rashly firing his wand at someone. Captain Man -- with his familiar face, and with that big red V on his chest -- says to his blonde partner (who is more slight of figure and sporting the hairstyle of a different comic book captain): "You never have to apologise for zapping Jeff!" And it happens at the blood bank, which is a reference to a quotation of the Steven Seagal movie character, Mason Storm. There is also a not-so-subtle hint that it might be a good idea to thoroughly audit all the banks to see if they are adhering to the regulations with regard to money creation on the fractional reserve system -- or that it is an even better plan to ban fractional reserve banking, and return to a system of bullion and cash-in-hand.

Also:

Greta Thunberg allegedly killed Jeffrey Epstein
https://time.com/5722305/john-oliver-coal-fight-last-week-tonight/

The original X-Men movie from 2000 reveals that the character of Mystique -- the shapeshifter who "can be anything one wants her to be" (to paraphrase the lyrics of an Ariana Grande song) -- has killed Henry Gyrich. As I recall, at the conclusion of that story, there is briefly heard the voiceover of a news reporter on the television stating that Mr Gyrich was mauled by a bear. The name of the character is like a play on words, meaning "Rich Guy Henry".

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" is a film which has a plot that hinges on the issue of Mystique (A.K.A. Raven, DC's Titan daughter of Trigon: that comic book publisher's "devil") and her choice to kill again, or not to kill again. Henry Kissinger is represented in that movie as a character who attempts to hide from the blue beast woman, alongside Richard Nixon, in a bunker with lots of Secret Service agents.

In many ways, that aforementioned X-Men story has much in common with the Terminator mythos.

Here is a piece of evidence that shows the effect of a "Two-Face"-like "coin flip" when pointing a "ghost gun" at Henry Kissinger:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...body-30ft-slope-partially-eaten-vultures.html

Again, Athena repurposed things which I said when emotional to deliver a pro-Brexit message, while -- for now -- protecting Henry Kissinger from my wrath.

And sorry about Weiszaecker.

The following broadcast is a serious warning to the establishment around the world from "Chris Ramsay":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07sxzyp

The musical accompaniment reminds one of the Dudley Boyz as well as the Big Bad Booty Daddy. The communication is clear: We Want The Gold, N******! :)

See how I struggle with my own personal Joker. What have I become, my sweetest friend? :(

Something happened in 2018. I blamed everyone else (i.e. I blamed all the people who only exist in my mind), when it was obvious that I had "written the script" in an effort to "save my soul" and "save the world" simultaneously.

I honestly don't want to harm anyone unnecessarily! But what happened was so traumatising that I've been fighting with myself, as if screaming HOW DARE ME SAY THAT I CAN'T DO SOMETHING!

I think and feel that's what the Henry Kissinger thing is about -- as well as LEAVE GRETA THUNBERG ALONE (and don't try to control her!)

Perhaps it's best for everyone concerned if Henry Kissinger is convinced to "retire from public appearances" with some semblance of finality. That might help me to recover from the trauma. Then again, maybe blurting these things out on this forum will aid me in being my best self. It is rather humiliating to talk about this but I want to help people understand me better.

#38 ·
Nothing, because each and every event happens for a reason.

Each and every event is connected and will affect the entire timeline of history.
In my opinion, it would be best to leave history alone, we could screw everything up if we didn't.
Agree who is to say that if we changed one bad event things would have turned out better? Could have ended up worse. That being said we as a people and individual need to learn from our mistakes so we don't keep making them. History can be a great teacher if you follow its lessons

#41 ·
Hard to say since it's things that already happened (doesn't mean I condone it if it's bad.)

As of right now...probably the literal form of lynchings that seem to still be happening when it seemed like something that stopped in the 50's/60's America.

(My initial response as it had been said already is 9/11, if that gives a more direct answer.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.