Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how to get donations

1K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  WillYouStopDave 
#1 ·
i made campaign page on fundrazr its like gofundme but i dont understand how to get people there? does anyone knows person who can help me? obviously i dont have social circle and such. well i do have fb and there are people but they wont do a **** about it. i need help because i dont want to turn into hobo in future because of social anxiety but i also have different brain disease thats why i made fundrazr. please contact me to somekinda gofundme pro!!

#5 ·
why wud yu like or not like me, i need donations for my disease and to survive duh
i also dont care to be liked
i believe people with people phobia and social anxiety needs to be full supported with money by goverment or whatever it is either because it is crippling mental disability

#6 ·
Not sure why I'm bothering since this thread is vaguely trollish, but anyway...

Unfortunately, people don't tend to donate/give money in any consistent manner unless you can offer them a service they desire. Online, that often takes the form of doing artwork commissions, livestreaming stuff people like to watch, etc. If you don't have such a skill, it doesn't matter how many people look at your fundraising pages--you're screwed. :stu

As well, you kind of HAVE to convince people to like you or they won't feel interested in donating. Whenever I see fundraisers and such for sick people around here, they succeed mostly because those sick people have large families and support networks that care about them and can get the word out...I highly doubt somebody unknown like myself would achieve a similar result if I were the sick person in need of funds. You have to get people to like you and you have to know how to network. Many people with social anxiety lack both of these skills.

And finally there is the fact of what is currently going on in the world. If you thought it was hard to get donations before, it's going to be SUPER hard to get donations now. Everyone is too preoccupied trying to survive.

i believe people with people phobia and social anxiety needs to be full supported with money by goverment or whatever it is either because it is crippling mental disability
That can happen...if you apply for it and then hire a lawyer to help you out with your appeal after your claim is initially rejected. The government isn't going to just throw money your way because you believe you need it--you have to prove it.

Take this or leave it, I'm out.

#9 ·
I think that unless you get incredibly lucky and a celebrity comes along, these kinds of donation pages only draw friends, family and work colleagues to support. I think a better strategy is to either find a charity/non-profit that specifically supports people with your condition, or to earn some money doing a job remotely (in current situation) to raise it x

#14 ·
i just dont have no social circle :serious: i have some friends but the dont give a fuc to donate and family wont donate or its gona be insignificant i already have somekinda birthday present money n thats it they can afford either which stupidly went for my diseases scaning this year
That page... First time I hear about it honestly... I know GoFundMe, but that one... Not sure how you are supposed to take some people there when it's not known...
there is also gogetfunding.com i think others too
do you have any talents?

I was wondering about this.
hmmm not rlly but i can draw something, i was a bit good at this tbh but suddenly i cant do it

could do some tik toks but who tf wants to see that n my phone is stealen

Good ideas here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/11/gofundme-nation/598369/

And remember - it's not a lie if you believe it.
thanks ill check it out
Well you can type & you're not stupid so you could maybe get some kind of computer or office job maybe work from home even.
i just have no idea where to find it and i need 3-4 hour such job bcs its unbearable for me i will take less money

anybody care for a thread where ppl here get money from? or yu have seen it already?
feel free to talk here about it if yu want

#10 ·
That page... First time I hear about it honestly... I know GoFundMe, but that one... Not sure how you are supposed to take some people there when it's not known...

#12 ·
Good ideas here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/11/gofundme-nation/598369/

Gofundme campaigns that go viral tend to follow a template similar to Chauncy's Chance: A relatively well-off person stumbles upon a downtrodden but deserving "other" and shares his or her story; good-hearted strangers are moved to donate a few dollars, and thus, in the relentlessly optimistic language of GoFundMe, "transform a life." The call-and-response between the have-nots and the haves poignantly testifies to the holes in our safety net-and to the ways people have jerry-rigged community to fill them. In an era when membership in churches, labor unions, and other civic organizations has flatlined, GoFundMe offers a way to help and be helped by your figurative neighbor.
And remember - it's not a lie if you believe it.

#13 ·
Well you can type & you're not stupid so you could maybe get some kind of computer or office job maybe work from home even.

#15 ·
Even though you haven't asked for people from here to donate to you, I want to remind you that asking for donations on here would be breaking the forum rules. I'm not sure what you meant by this:

anybody care for a thread where ppl here get money from? or yu have seen it already?
feel free to talk here about it if yu want

#16 ·
Even though you haven't asked for people from here to donate to you, I want to remind you that asking for donations on here would be breaking the forum rules. I'm not sure what you meant by this:
what? nopeee i mean where to get money from to survive. whats the job or else etc. i havent asked no donations here. its not like i ever gona get help pffff

#19 ·
omgggg please nopeeeee > < ;
Then we're not (or at least I'll speak for myself) understanding what you are asking for the context in your question. You say you can't work (no judgement), that nobody in your circle wants to help, and assume that people will generally not help (despite there being some posts made indicating such, but it doesn't represent everyone.) Some advise setting up a page but it seemed to have went ignored. So what are you exactly asking from us, on this specific forum?
i already have page? i dont understand exactly how to get traffic (people) to it ? i bet everyone else who have donation page would be interested in tehniques about it either

#18 ·
Then we're not (or at least I'll speak for myself) understanding what you are asking for the context in your question. You say you can't work (no judgement), that nobody in your circle wants to help, and assume that people will generally not help (despite there being some posts made indicating such, but it doesn't represent everyone.) Some advise setting up a page but it seemed to have went ignored. So what are you exactly asking from us, on this specific forum?

#20 ·
somebody suggested to post my link to reddit /r/gofundme but wth it got suspended imediatelly? wtf im doing wrong and wth else is possible to promote gofundme??? i dont understand how does it even work at all if its forbidden to post it everywhere??? all i see is people getting thousands of money in there

i will remind that i have other disease in brains as well not only people phobia but i believe people with people phobia should ask for donations as well and this thread is for everyone who cares about stuff like gofundme, fundrazr

#23 ·
OK. This thread has run it's course. People here have given you everything they've got (obviously). If that isn't enough, you are not likely to get more here by continuing to bump this thread (and please don't create more about this same topic).

This is a social anxiety forum. The people here do not have any magic tricks for getting people to give you money. Go to Google and search "How do I use Gofundme?"

If that doesn't help, I don't know what else to tell you but (IMO) this kind of thread is too close to advertising and self-promotion. This is my opinion of it. The moderators have to make the call and I'm making the call right now.

I'm sorry. We gave you more leeway than we had to.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.