How has your last 6 months into 2019 been? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

How has your last 6 months into 2019 been?

It is June 2019. 6 months into the New Year. The halfway mark. 2020 is just around the corner. How has your last 6 months been? Has it been good, bad, terrible, so-so? Anything happened? Good or bad. And what do you look forward for in the upcoming months? Any plans? Goals? Desires?

Honestly my last 6 months been bad. I would say terrible but terrible sound too big of a word. It been bad because I have experienced more panic attacks this year than I ever had. I must of had a good 4-5 attacks. Last year I had like 1 or 2. Because of this I ended up having to take over the counter vitamins for the first time in order to treat it. I still believe my attacks are nothing but a symptom of my Spiritual Awakening. {I been experiencing some unusual stuff} Anyway my first 3 months aside from my Anxiety pretty well. I can't complain. But the last 3 months I have fallen off. Now it feel like I am just taking a step back but moving forward, trying to use my head more instead of my emotions. I'm quite mentally smart. It just that my stupid emotions get in the way. Some people are logically responsive while others are emotionally responsive. I defiantly would like to use my head more. It would save me a lot of trouble. I also would like to get back into having mindfulness and meditating. And really focus on on my mind, body and Spirit. This is my goal for the 2nd half of the Year. And hit it big on the big lottery game.

So yeah. What about you all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:47 AM
pirate

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
empty. nothing happening. alone

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
bipolar

Mine's been pretty good tbh. I'm slowly getting used to living on my own (maybe). My days tend to consist of me managing my symptoms. If I'm feeling okay then I can do something - like go up to my wife's house, do some more research on some old books I might be looking at - things like that.

My goals are basically just to keep doing what I'm doing now. I don't have anything major I need to do - just deal with my life's circumstances as they are right now. That's enough. I'll go off and do a bit more travelling one day but there's no hurry.

Sorry to hear you've been having panic attacks - they must be horrible. I've only ever really had two that I can remember and they were pretty terrifying.
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:39 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Mine has been pretty much uneventful, which is okay. I stay busy.

... Hold on, let me check my calendar. Nope, nothing planned for the rest of the year.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:15 PM
loser

Language: incomprehensible
Same as the last 250 months
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM
SAS Member

Aside from getting my new volunteer thrift store position, nothing much has changed or improved in my life.

"Drifting and autocross is for the weak. We only do maximum velocity." - Unknown

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:31 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
I've gotten to IM and voice chat with a few people, which I'm really thankful for. I studied some Hebrew in January, played the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and rented a saxophone again for the first time in years and made more progress than I ever did before.

At least two Team Fortress 2 servers I've played on since about 2014 closed down these past few months, a reminder of the impermanence of things I guess. it's a goofy game but I have a lot of nostalgia for it, it's been a source of social interaction and has helped distract me from awful anxiety in the past, and it's sad thinking I won't get to play in some of these online worlds with anyone else again.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Irreversibly Invisible

My Mood: Brooding
It's been, by far, the worst six months of my life. Dad died in January. Kitty got sick a week later. I had a bunch of new duties dumped on me at work. I fought with my roommate so much that I ended up leaving, even though I'm still paying the lease for the next two months. And I was so depressed about everything that I cut myself off from family members several times - I'm pretty sure they've completely given up on me at this point.

I'm grateful for things that didn't go wrong (kitty is alive, car still runs, Mom's in good health), but it's still been the most difficult time of my entire life.

An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:42 PM
10 trillion cells

Meh. It was actually good, but I have this suspicion I'll never think my life is actually going well until I'm in a solid career I can manage long term, that affords me complete independence and a comfortable way of life. Many good things happened the last few months, but the specter of my financial situation makes everything else seem unimportant. I know I need to ease up the laser focus I have on the issue and give myself some breathing room, but it's really ****ing hard.

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:24 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Aside from sucking like normal, not too bad.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:40 PM
SAS Member

Wow, so much regrets. Wish i could start it again.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:35 PM
🐞 Moderator 🐞

Iíve been able to do more than I have in the last three or four years, which has been good. I didnít do much in the last few years because I had problems with my knees. This year started good, but then I thought it might not be how I wanted, and my dog died in April after being sick.

Iíve started being more hopeful again now, and I think my SA will get a bit better in the next six months, so then I might be able to do some things I never thought I could.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:05 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Crappy *censored* bullcrap...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:46 PM
watching stars collide

I was locked away for a month, that was pretty cool.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:19 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Grumpy
Roller coaster of emotions, some good things have happened though but I need more lol

ďI'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy.Ē
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:20 PM
SAS Member

It's been quite awful for me, all things considered. This started a bit further back than six months, but just continued during that timeframe. Around that point, I suffered the first major mental breakdown of my life. Still reeling from it. Not only is my mental health declining, but physical health is declining as well.

I've been seeing a new therapist for a year now, but I feel like I'm not making much progress. I've tried online dating within at least the last six months, but no dates from that. I have no social connections and estranged from family for the most part. I'm pretty isolated from the outside despite using the innernette, so anxiety getting worse.

This town is full of monsters! How can you sit there and eat pizza?!
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:06 AM

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
It is June 2019. 6 months into the New Year. The halfway mark. 2020 is just around the corner.
This is worse than when you see Christmas decorations in shops before Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRITA Group CEO
In the future, everyone will design their own water
My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:10 AM
BBW BBC taking MILF

Language: Mind yours
My Mood: Lonely
Crappy. Only thing that's been good has been meeting one amazing person online but that's it. That person being @Eleonora91 who helped me while I was in hospital and is always here for me when others wouldn't have been. You really took my mind off of all the crap when I was in the second hospital and it means a lot because I don't know what I would have done without it. Plus she's hilarious. I recommend everyone gets to know her.

Count me out
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Broke boy

I’m still injured and can’t do any form of manual labor other than walking and cleaning. Been 2 years..=
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Well I HATE to be pedantic but we will be 6 months into the year on June 31st/July 1st.

It's been an INTERESTING year. I've had alot of different lives already this year. It's been the year of self-improvment. I've been making changes and switching things up. It's a rollarcoaster ride for sure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page