Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f24/)
-   -   How do you place your arms when you sleep? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f24/how-do-you-place-your-arms-when-you-sleep-2237575/)

Sandrik 11-22-2020 12:37 PM

How do you place your arms when you sleep?

Lately my arm positioning when I sleep has felt so strange and uncomfortable that it even wakes me up. I don't know where to place my hands so I'll curl them awkwardly under my chin. It makes me wonder if that placement will mess with my wrists or something. Not sure when I became this concious about it, but I do have long arms and hands.

PurplePeopleEater 11-22-2020 01:29 PM

Sometimes I lay with my head on top of my arm laying sideways but that usually makes my arm go numb and floppy for a good minute when I wake up.

But most of the time I sleep with one of my arms over my cover on top of my chest and my other arm will lay straight down my side while I'm sleeping sideways. Its the perfect way for me to sleep.

Sandrik 11-22-2020 09:13 PM

Mostly all of what you said is how I sleep too. Had to read it a few times to visualize it 😉

Need new ways to sleep, but if there were any more ways I would of known by now.

truant 11-23-2020 03:49 AM

Two under the pillow, two at my left, two at my right, and two holding the blankets.

Silent Memory 11-23-2020 04:12 AM

I usually go to sleep on my right side with my left arm around my pillow so my hand is under my pillow and head, but I don’t always wake up that way.

ScorchedEarth 11-23-2020 04:40 AM

Usually I lie on my side with arms crossed at my chest. Or much more rarely on my stomach with arms at my side or tucked under the pillow.

Excaliber 11-23-2020 09:20 AM

I sleep on my back with one arm at my side and the other tucked under my pillow and head, that's the most comfortable position for me to be in when I fall asleep.

IcedOver 11-23-2020 10:27 AM

When I first lay down I usually am on my stomach, so I put my arms totally underneath me. It feels good, especially when it's cold. I don't always fall asleep in this position, and usually switch to one side or the other in a fetal position and just put them in front of me or between my knees.

iAmCodeMonkey 11-23-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Memory (Post 1094043793)
I usually go to sleep on my right side with my left arm around my pillow so my hand is under my pillow and head, but I donít always wake up that way.

Me too :)

Omni-slash 11-23-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truant (Post 1094043787)
Two under the pillow, two at my left, two at my right, and two holding the blankets.

Oh my, you're like Sheeva from MK. But even more arms.

I just lay them down next to me level with the bed, no elevation? Maybe I have low blood pressure because the circulation gets cut off easily.

andy1984 11-23-2020 02:55 PM

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6...3b728d~mv2.gif
not like that, i always thought that was odd. i'm having trouble remembering where i put my arms. probably hugging my chest, or resting on my big fat belly.

blue2 11-23-2020 03:11 PM

22 Attachment(s)
LOL @truant biten by a radioactive spider ?

I usually sleep on my sides so one arm might be under a pillow, one in front, or just keep the two in front, sometimes I end up with one arm under my body & I wake up with a dead arm & for a minute I think it might be because of a heart attack.

Sandrik 11-23-2020 05:36 PM

I'm thrilled that a squid answered my question! Thank you and please don't hesitate to come back soon! :))

Tetragammon 11-23-2020 07:13 PM

I sleep with one arm up under my head and pillow which I know can lead to arm pain and other problems, and the other hand folded up against my chest which can also lead to sternum pain some days. But I can't seem to change my sleeping position, especially since I suffer from chronic insomnia. If I don't sleep in that position I'll just never fall asleep at all.

CoolLilChickadee 11-23-2020 08:29 PM

I'm a side sleeper, arms tucked up against my chest.

zork20001 11-23-2020 09:01 PM

Doesn't everyone have their long time favorite huggee pillow? Just me...

Blue Dino 11-24-2020 03:08 AM

Side sleeper. Lower arm is usually in front parallel to my face bent at a 45 degree angle, with hand rest on top of pillow, maybe under pillow. Upper hand usually will be resting on my side while the hand be the mattress to prop myself from slouching forward too much. Because if I slouch forward too much when I sleep, I usually wake up with upper back pain flareups. This has usually been the case ever since my past job many years ago, the poorly fitted ergonomic chair I had screw up my upper back.

MCHB 12-01-2020 09:27 PM

Nursing a gibbed yet still functional right shoulder (don't ask...but with exercise it's slowly getting better!) and I normally sleep with my right shoulder down. Sleeping on my left shoulder isn't copacetic and I can't sleep on my back...doubling pillows up has helped me sleep better in my preferred position though! :)

coeur_brise 12-02-2020 12:59 AM

I hold the blanket almost over my head, so one arm is uunderneath a pillow as if i don't have a pillow and the other arm is securing the blanket from any bogeymen.

shyguy07 12-06-2020 06:53 PM

I'm always on my back with my arms down at either side.