How do I get into a university? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
🎹

How do I get into a university?

I made a thread similar to this before. So I'm a senior and I have a 2.2 GPA and my ACT score was 18. Im very good at english I usually get A/Bs in it. Science and History was usually C/Ds. To be honest I didnt give it my all. But Im terrible at Math. I usually barely passed those classes. I tried to learn but Math is like a foriegn language to me.

My parents have pretty good jobs and my mom said I could go to cc and transfer if I wanted to.

I'm going to the community college probably for welding. I've took some mechanic classes at school but I don't think I want to do that after school because I'm only decent at it. But maybe I'll get better at it at the college. I'll definitely try at it.

What do I do to go to a uni? Do I take all the classes I took at high school over again at cc and the ACT? I don't really know if that's possible it's just what I thought I'd have to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:42 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Ok. At the comunity college you can sign up to take a college placement test. Any subjects you do well in you won't have to take the beginning classes. You will be required to take certain classes and most likely take a test when you go to graduate with an AA. If you have trouble with any of the classes you can probably get free help at the college in some way. Their orientation should help you with things like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hmm. I'm gonna think about it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
🎹

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkinnyOne View Post
Ok. At the comunity college you can sign up to take a college placement test. Any subjects you do well in you won't have to take the beginning classes. You will be required to take certain classes and most likely take a test when you go to graduate with an AA. If you have trouble with any of the classes you can probably get free help at the college in some way. Their orientation should help you with things like that.

Do I have to take a college placement test? I thought I would just take those classes and try to get my gpa higher.

What's an AA?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 08:48 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
If there is too much time between when you took the act and when you apply to the colllege you will. Also your highschool gpa has nothing to do with your gpa at the college. You start fresh. AA= Associate of Arts. You get it before a bachelors degree. There is also a AS= Associate of Science degree. As far as the differences between those. Well the internet says the arts one is for social fields and the science one is more for technical things. I'm not sure how much it matters. Talk with someone at the college about it I guess. I remember once reading the difference between a BA and a BS changes between colleges and sometimes doesn't really matter much. This may also be true for AA and AS.

Hmm. I'm gonna think about it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Professional Flop

It depends on you're academics.
If you feel like your grades, gpa, and ACT are good enough then apply for a university.
If not, apply for a community college. There, they'll probably have you take a placement test so that they can figure out which classes you are best suited for. Some students end up re-taking classes from high school because they didn't understand the subject but if you show enough proficiency in the subjects tested, they'll probably allow you to start taking actual college courses.
Oh and another thing, make sure the community college you go to can have credits transferred to Universities when you finish your time there. Otherwise you would have gone to community college for nothing.

Come, come where the mint flies in magic enchantment
High up in the blue sky above you
Come, come where the scented mint, caresses you with a lovely altoid
While mouthwash is swishing, refresh you
aaaaaaah aaaaaaah aaaaaaaah

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page