Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How are you liking the time change?

944 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  copper 
#1 ·
If you live in area observing time change to standard time, how are you liking it or not?

For me I actually don't mind it too much. It's helpful in a way, since when I get home from work I know I only have about an hour before dark. So I usually go for my evening walk/run early. Then when I get back I take a shower and it's still only about 7 PM, and I'm finished with dinner by 8:30. I mean, I can't believe it's only 9:40 right now even.

So generally, I've been getting to bed earlier, since it feels late and I'm usually tired out by 10-11 PM. And that means I wake up earlier which is nice, since I can lie in bed for a bit before I get up. Before the clocks moved back I didn't wake up until I really had to get out of bed for work.

Also last weekend I went to bed pretty early and Sunday I woke up at about 6:30 and just stayed in bed for a few hours reading, which was especially nice since it was quite cold.

On Friday nights it's been weird though, because I go to the gym after work and it was usually light for about an hour after I got done working out, then suddenly it's dark before I even get to the gym.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't like it that much. It's easier for me to see in the mornings when I drive to work, which is nice, but if I want to go on a walk after work, I need to rush home so I have enough to feed and play with kitty first.

#8 ·
I wish they would quit this changing the clocks back and forth. Both ways it screws me up and especially my two cats. Now they wake me up an hour earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.