How are you feeling? - Page 1466 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #29301 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:41 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
Yeah, I know what you are saying about people being nervous or busy, but still. To me, if someone has the time to talk to other people online, but never comes to you at all, to me that is a huge red flag that they only care about you on their terms and possibly have a manipulative personality. I hope I can find someone who actually cares enough to consistently be supportive. That was a problem too, sadly, along with some red flags in stories about her past, including violence by her own hand.

Thanks for wishing me well Shelby. I hope you find someone too. Almost-relationships are the hardest to forget.
I absolutely agree. That is a definite red flag. :/ In time, I hope you do. Good luck. Violence is a huge no no. I'm so sorry. There's no excuse for anyone being violent.

I know everyone's different when it comes to being busy but imo I find it fairly easy to send replies...at least short replies even on busy days. It might be tedious to send long replies or something but with short replies, I seem to have time to do. Haha. But then again, I'm not constantly busy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29302 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
Hope you guys feel better soon.
Thanks. I'm trying... just not hard enough. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Solitude View Post

It is so hard to trust health professionals...or psychotropic drugs for that matter. The first act like emotional prostitutes: they feign empathy and care, but it is all a monetary transaction at the end of the day. The latter, based on my experience, offer little help.

I sure hope that things improve for you.
Well, I mean. I don't expect a personal relationship. I know that it's just a job for her, as much as she may or may not actually care about the welfare of her patients. What really sort of crushed me was that, after a long slew of condescending pricks who didn't believe me about my physical ailments, she really seemed to... She was kind, listened to me, and actually ordered tests. She seemed invested in helping me. But we weren't making much headway.

At one point, out of random curiosity and boredom, I happened to click through some appointment notes one day... and found written, right in my record where all future doctors could see, that she was apparently "fairly certain" I was "just a hypochondriac."

I was gutted.

Haven't gone back since.

Incidentally, this is also why I almost wish I'd never admitted my anxiety officially in the first place.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes, though. They're appreciated.
post #29303 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai View Post
Thanks. I'm trying... just not hard enough. lol

Well, I mean. I don't expect a personal relationship. I know that it's just a job for her, as much as she may or may not actually care about the welfare of her patients. What really sort of crushed me was that, after a long slew of condescending pricks who didn't believe me about my physical ailments, she really seemed to... She was kind, listened to me, and actually ordered tests. She seemed invested in helping me. But we weren't making much headway.

At one point, out of random curiosity and boredom, I happened to click through some appointment notes one day... and found written, right in my record where all future doctors could see, that she was apparently "fairly certain" I was "just a hypochondriac."

I was gutted.

Haven't gone back since.
Oh man. Doctors who act concerned to your face and then dismiss you completely behind your back are worse than incompetant doctors who at least try (IMO). There should be no secret records but I have even heard of doctors making up code speak for things they put in people's records to say the patient is a pain in the butt so future doctors will refuse to treat them. It's criminal, IMO. If they're going to refuse to treat you they should tell you why to your face and not be cowards and leave you to wondering what went wrong.

/WYSD
post #29304 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Changeless

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaStrange View Post
Itchy. My allergies are really acting up. Weird time of day for that.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #29305 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 PM
Samityville Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post

Now I'm Nothing
post #29306 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:38 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Dead
I'm beyond sad, beyond being able to be saved. I'll never get better.
post #29307 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
I'm beyond sad, beyond being able to be saved. I'll never get better.
post #29308 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:58 PM
In Liquidation

Dealing with a toxic person, gives me anger, which makes me grumpy, and naturally I start unleashing my temper on others. These others will feel horrible, which will then anger them, and they will feel grumpy, so they start unleashing their temper on others. This keeps spreading and spreading. It all starts with that one toxic person. Unfortunately if that toxic person is a constant presence and they will not change, they are just going to be a fixed negative social catalyst that gradually will make more and more people miserable.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.
post #29309 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 07:33 AM
The Groat King

I don't sleep well
post #29310 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 08:25 AM
On Life Support

My Mood: Buzzed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Oh man. Doctors who act concerned to your face and then dismiss you completely behind your back are worse than incompetant doctors who at least try (IMO). There should be no secret records but I have even heard of doctors making up code speak for things they put in people's records to say the patient is a pain in the butt so future doctors will refuse to treat them. It's criminal, IMO. If they're going to refuse to treat you they should tell you why to your face and not be cowards and leave you to wondering what went wrong.

This conversation reminded me of a headline I read a while back in which Doctors openly insult and berate a patient who is under anesthesia . All because the patient was persistent about suffering from physical ailments but the Doctors could not find an explanation so they branded him crazy...

See for yourself:

As a side note. My baby sister always complained about headaches but the Doctors always dismissed her symptoms as the ramblings of a child that is imitating her crazy mother... then she died of a brain hemorrhage caused by an aneurysm according to the autopsy.

Quote:
Itchy. My allergies are really acting up. Weird time of day for that.

"Existence well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future,
The present is well out of hand"

― Ian Curtis
post #29311 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
Not doing well at all right now. My entire adult life has been plagued by constant anxiety and recently depression. Somehow I have always managed to hold it together and function on a daily basis. I have reached the point where I cannot do that anymore. I donít care at all about my job, I do the bare minimum. Fall/winter and holiday time is when I usually am at my worst. So given how bad I am feeling right now, I am worried about how much worse it will get especially because winter is especially bad where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #29312 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:17 AM

post #29313 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

Quote:
No disagreement there.
post #29314 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:14 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
No disagreement there.
It's like they want people to trust their doctors more than anyone else but then they go behind your back and do all sorts of sketchy **** like this at the same time they're telling you that they're helping you. How can you trust someone who just summarily dismisses everything you have to say and on top of that, tells other doctors to do the same thing without even telling you?

/WYSD
post #29315 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:18 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

Quote:
It's like they want people to trust their doctors more than anyone else but then they go behind your back and do all sorts of sketchy **** like this at the same time they're telling you that they're helping you. How can you trust someone who just summarily dismisses everything you have to say and on top of that, tells other doctors to do the same thing without even telling you?
Yup. It's beyond twisted.

And I just don't have the energy to deal with it anymore. Sigh.
post #29316 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Samityville Horror

Nice to see you around @Ai

Now I'm Nothing
post #29317 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:49 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

Quote:
Nice to see you around @Ai
Thanks. Nice to see you too. Your avatar is adorable.
post #29318 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:53 PM
Samityville Horror

Quote:
Thanks. Nice to see you too. Your avatar is adorable.
Thanks!

Now I'm Nothing
post #29319 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:40 PM
The Groat King

Tired but gonna force myself to take the bike to the trail....in....5...4....3...2...ummm..let's start at 1000
post #29320 of 30039 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
I'm kind of annoyed. :/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page