Happy Fathers Day! (read on, you probably do apply) - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Happy Fathers Day! (read on, you probably do apply)

Now, this doesn't just apply to guys with babies... this applies to anyone (well guys) with pets, or any other creative things they may have come up with.... artwork... anything... you've created something, in my eyes you are a father.

That and I can't get ahold of my dad so I have to say happy father's day to someone!

I didn't see this post anywhere else so sorry if I'm reposting something that already exists... or if I'm a day late or something ... dern meds have me all confused. And it's not intended to make anyone feel bad, so if I have I apologize.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 10:35 AM
SAS Member

Well while I DID send my father a card ( he lives in another state) I am not going to call as I cannot talk to my dad, and he shows (and it HAS ALWAYS been this way) no interest in talking to me. If it werent for my mom I guess I would never have any contact. Sad but true. Its very hard to find a card for him since most of them are so MUSHY and just flat out do not apply to our situation.

BUT~~~~On a more positive note, I am going to BBQ steaks for my husband, although his son is from a previous marraige, he is a GREAT guy and deserves a little recognition (his son is overseas right now).

And he is a great "Daddy" to our yellow lab!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Cards cost too much for me to buy/send, and my dad pays my cell phone bill hhahaahaha... i just had my tonsils out so it's a good excuse for me to not talk long . Me and my hubby have a cat... but I do most of the feeding, watering, litter box cleaning, nail trimming... why didn't I get anything for mothers day?

And I LOOVE yellow labs... thats what my old puppy was... (puppy my ***, she was huge), they can be quite... a lot to take care of hahaha.... not that they arent well behaved but they can be clutsy...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 AM
SAS Member

while i normally dont recognize these hallmark-inspired 'holidays', i will this year (out of self-interest, of course.)

"charge the enemy! and remember you are from old virginia." george pickett. july 3, 1863.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Super Beaver

I spent forever last night at the store trying to find a card that wasn't mushy as hell or just stupid. Started having physical reactions to all the mushyness and almost hacked up a hair ball at one point. Finally found one void of feelings and dropped it by my dads today. Yay another holiday done!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mserychic
I spent forever last night at the store trying to find a card that wasn't mushy as hell or just stupid. Started having physical reactions to all the mushyness and almost hacked up a hair ball at one point. Finally found one void of feelings and dropped it by my dads today. Yay another holiday done!
Yet another reason I don't do cards. By the time I did get ahold of my dad on the phone he was too busy watching tv to really listen to me anyways. And I was straining to try to talk (come on I just had things yanked out of my throat!). And even now that I'm not living there, when I try to talk to him and he's watching tv, he still turns the tv up to drown me out when I'm talking to him hahaha... I thought that would end once I was no longer living there and wandering into the room to talk to him...

And since I couldn't get ahold of him earlier, I decided to call my mom, and tell her thanks for picking such a wonderful man to knock her up.... then i went to my friend's house and fixed his computer for him and his dad (other people use it too but they were the ones that really needed it to work really bad today) so happy fathers day to them... And of course I've even gone as far as to say happy fathers day to various people with pets and good bands and things as they have created/raised some wonderful things. Yes, I even said it to hubby even though I don't want kids for quite a while... hahaha.... No card for him though. Cards are expensive. I fed the cat, happy father-of-the-cat day!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
I just said "Happy Father's Day" to my dad.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Magnanimous carcinoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75
I just said "Happy Father's Day" to my dad.
I regret saying that to mine.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page