Getting people to join my club - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
User Requested Permanent Ban

Question

Getting people to join my club

Me and a friend of mine are starting a club on the campus at my college. I was very excited, and I still am, but I recently found out that I need 10 signatures from people that want to be members of the club once it gets started as well as a faculty advisor to sign off on it by March 1st. I'm not as worried about the faculty advisor as I am about getting the signatures. Does anyone know the best way to go about advertising your club to people?

Both my brother and therapist mentioned bulletins (on bulletin boards that are all over campus, like fliers) but do people really respond to those? I don't want to just put that up around school and never get any responses. Should I go person-to-person also (even though I hate when people do that to me)? I suggested it to a few people but they weren't all that interested. It's a creative writing club btw. So do you guys have any suggestions? Any help at all would be very much appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Same Old Madness

what kinda club it is?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

^ Creative writing club. We'll be doing things like poetry, short stories, and novels if some members want to do that other than me. We would also discuss books and poets and things like that.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiori123 View Post
Maybe you can look up the locations of some English classes/other classes at your collage where there might be interested students, and write information for your club on the chalkboard. Or make flyers, and either leave them on desks in classrooms or pass them out to people. Or if you're brave, ask your professors if you can make a short announcement before class, and then give like a thirty-second rundown of your club and pass out flyers with more information. Those are all things I see people on my campus do sometimes.

Of course, it's easiest if you can gather a few friends to get the club started though.
Thanks for the suggestions . Yeah I thought about making announcements also, it's not my prefered way of doing it but if it can get results it's worth a shot. I'm also hoping my friend (who I'm starting the club with) can get some people interested as well, because I know he knows more people on campus than I do.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

bump

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page