Funny things you've done to stop people from doing things you don't like. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed

Funny things you've done to stop people from doing things you don't like.

Here's an example. We bought a pair of scissors that came with a kind of a nylon sheath for the blades and it started to irritate me because it's a pain in the butt to take it off every time.

So I took it off and put it on the back of the counter where it was pretty much out of sight. Next day I go to use the scissors and it was back on there. My dad has a fetish for putting things right. Like if he uses the Windex, he always turns the nozzle off after. Which is irritating because I'll use the Windex, sit the bottle down in the bathroom and come back 20 minutes later and try to spray it and find the nozzle has been turned off.

I left it out so he'd know I was still using it and he still turned the nozzle off.

Anyway, I took the blade cover for the scissors and put it in my room. Now I'm wondering if he'll miss it.

What things like this have you done to preemptively prevent people from doing things that annoy you?

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:19 AM
SAS Member

washing my windshield when someone is tailgating.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea111red View Post
washing my windshield when someone is tailgating.
I usually just pretend they're not there. I don't speed up or slow down. If they don't like it, they can go around. I ride in the right lane so they're allowed to pass. Funny thing is that the people with the most gigantic vehicles never do it. I have never been tailgated by a dump truck or a semi or a bus. It's always some obnoxious turd in a Jeep or something.

------------

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Broke boy

Ask them why they're talking to me. Usually they see it as a redflag or continue to annoy me.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:36 PM
BUSTY BBW BBC TAKING MILF

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
When I was being transported from one hospital to another which was a 3 hour drive I realised the people transporting me would keep talking so I pretended to be asleep the whole time. Even added in some fake snores lol

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You ain't tried no drug like me
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:26 AM
🐞 Moderator 🐞

I went shopping with my parents, niece and nephew yesterday, and they stopped in the middle of the shopping centre. Itís annoying when people do that, so I decided to pretend not to know them. I kept looking in a window while they walked away, then slowly walked behind them. My mum started laughing because she knew what I was doing.

Iíve hidden noisy toys that were annoying me, and I put a carton of eggs under a bed once so my parents couldnít cook them and make the house stink.

My mum used to unplug her phone, but keep the charger switched on at the wall. I thought it was dangerous, so I wrote a note that I left near there, reminding her that it wasnít safe and that she might be electrocuted if she keeps doing it.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
I put a carton of eggs under a bed once so my parents couldn’t cook them and make the house stink.

My dad cooks eggs a lot. The smell doesn't bother me but my mom hates it. I'm not the biggest fan of him doing it though because he spends hours boiling eggs and toiling over them and taking up the whole kitchen while he's doing that.

He makes soup in the slow cooker a lot too. I'm not a fan of that. Stinks up the whole place something terrible. Smell travels back here through the vents and lingers in my room because I keep my door shut. It's awful.

Also, my parents have this disinfecting spray that they spray all over everything. They keep spraying it on the light switches and I keep telling them someone is eventually going to get shocked. They won't listen. I'm not sure what to do about it but I thought about putting paint in the bottle one day and they'll have a big paint splotch they can't get rid of.

------------

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:41 AM
SAS Member

My parents drink beer every day and sometimes when I'd get aggravated about it, I'd take one of the cans and shake it really hard a few times and put it back. It doesn't seem to do anything though. A few times I've fantasized about throwing a few beer cans at a tree or taking a few tee shots with a golf club and some beer cans.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page