Friday night memories - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Friday night memories

I used to love Fridays as a kid. In elementary school they'd let us have recess for the last hour on Friday afternoons if we had our work done. Sometimes my mom would go through the drive thru on the way home and get me a snack. Then I'd play video games or help with yardwork when we got home and wait for my dad to get home from work.

In college we had no class on Friday so I usually stayed home and did chores and tried to get reports and stuff done for school. Then my friend would pick me up in the evening and we would go to youth group. Usually we would play volleyball then go out to eat or sometimes we'd get to go out of town and go to a comedy club or mini golf or something.

I miss those times. Now I usually leave work, go to bank to put my check in, then go to the grocery store if I need to, and wander around the same old stores and go home. Pretty bland. I used to go out to eat with my best friend, but gradually I just didn't feel like it anymore. Plus I'm sure I'm saving a lot of money not eating out almost every week at $10 or $15 a hit.

Honestly I guess it doesn't bother me that much, I come home, get on the computer and listen to Pandora until like 1 or 2 AM. Especially since when before college, I didn't hang out with anyone but my family. But it just seems so lame thinking that's what I do every week now for fun.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 03:53 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
My Fridays as a kid were amazing. After a long week of quiet homeschool and only having my brother and parents to talk to, my relatives would come over, some of them near my age. We would all play in the yard and house and stuff and our parents would take us swimming and to get pizza. Then we would all come back and play some more, then watch a movie together. Then we had a sleepover and when we woke up we'd all have more fun in the yard and then our parents would take us out on an excursion or to some large park somewhere to play football or ride our bikes. Then they'd leave and on Sunday i'd be depressed and before i knew it, another long, boring, quiet school week had begun lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page