Favorite Travel spot for Vacation? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Favorite Travel spot for Vacation?

Looking to plan my next vacation. What is your favorite travel spot? Places you would recommend going? Ive been to most of the United States except Alaska and Hawaii. In Europe Ive been to Ireland, France and Iceland. South of the border Ive been to Costa Rica and the Caribbean Islands.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:05 AM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
I've only been on vacation once. I just went to visit a friend

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Barbells and kittens

I like the Smoky Mountains. We went there last year and the year before.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:49 AM
bipolar

I've been to Bali so many times I can't remember, (literally in my case - I don't actually remember a lot of those trips) - so I guess that's what I would say.

I've been to better or just different places - it depends what you want. The south of France is beautiful, Switzerland, London, or even Bangkok. Bangkok's a great city.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
I've lived abroad but have never really done a real vacation vacation. The time me and my sister went to Tijuana for a weekend counts? I've also been to Korea, Guam, and Peru but those trips were visa runs (leave one country before the visa expires and come right back on a new visa) rather than for pleasure.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I just wish I could skip Winter and never have to see snow and ice cold weather again. I'm dreading it.

/WYSD
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 01:57 AM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
I've never gone away on a vacation. I went just south of the border into the States overnight once. Closest I've ever come to anything like that.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:21 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Red face

beyond front doorstep

onscreen maps the mightiest gift to humankind than any scriptures

USA twice!!!

Europe twice, Mediterranean twice, one SE Asia!

all my days spend inside my tiny hovel. = parents' bedroom of mine many locations

recent air travel failed at airport. stuck remote darkness, abysmally limited options to get home!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 06:47 PM
☆ Moderator ☆

Tasmania and Echuca, which is a town about three hours away.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 PM
SAS Member

I haven't gotten to go on "real" vacations, but I always liked going to the ocean.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Changeless

My Mood: Worried
Each end of the Big Island (Waipio and Kona)
Kauai ( Waimea Canyon, Hanalei and Na Pali Coast)

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
Each end of the Big Island (Waipio and Kona)
Kauai ( Waimea Canyon, Hanalei and Na Pali Coast)
Never made it to Hawaii but tis on my bucket list. Long and expensive flight from the East coast of USA though being the downside. Im sure once you get there it is great though
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:29 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I've never been out of the states, the cool thing about the US, is that it is so huge and there are a variety of climates, we have just about everything here. With that said, I think it would be pretty cool to explore Japan, I just don't like the idea of sticking out in a crowd. Europe would be cool, I would love to see some older buildings, but again, sticking out as a tourist makes me feel uneasy. I do think, it would be pretty amazing to just go to Canada, and explore around for a bit. I've always loved Canadians, and I don't think I would stick out too much there, in fact I would probably blend in better with Canada than I do the US, because most of my upbringing was in Maine.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:12 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonebox View Post
I've never been out of the states, the cool thing about the US, is that it is so huge and there are a variety of climates, we have just about everything here. With that said, I think it would be pretty cool to explore Japan, I just don't like the idea of sticking out in a crowd. Europe would be cool, I would love to see some older buildings, but again, sticking out as a tourist makes me feel uneasy. I do think, it would be pretty amazing to just go to Canada, and explore around for a bit. I've always loved Canadians, and I don't think I would stick out too much there, in fact I would probably blend in better with Canada than I do the US, because most of my upbringing was in Maine.
My son loves Japan - he wants me to go some time with him. He Skyped us one time from that big intersection right in the middle of Tokyo as he was walking over.

I don't think you'd stick out too much there because there's already so many tourists - there's thousands of them. He didn't like Sth Korea as much because the locals would just stop and stare at him and his girlfriend. I had that in Surabaya one time - people on the bus looking at me like they wanted to kill me. Usually it's okay though.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
My son loves Japan - he wants me to go some time with him. He Skyped us one time from that big intersection right in the middle of Tokyo as he was walking over.

I don't think you'd stick out too much there because there's already so many tourists - there's thousands of them. He didn't like Sth Korea as much because the locals would just stop and stare at him and his girlfriend. I had that in Surabaya one time - people on the bus looking at me like they wanted to kill me. Usually it's okay though.
It sounds like fun, but I would be incredibly uncomfortable. Thankfully, with VR I can explore all sorts of places from around the world, it is pretty sweet dude. I've even walked around on mars, it was a hell of a trip

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 03:50 PM
bipolar

Quote:
It sounds like fun, but I would be incredibly uncomfortable. Thankfully, with VR I can explore all sorts of places from around the world, it is pretty sweet dude. I've even walked around on mars, it was a hell of a trip
I've seen those virtual reality things on TV and in the shops but have never tried them. With my dizziness problems I'd probably fall over or something while I was using it.

The only thing about travelling I regret is that I can't do it more. I've been uncomfortable sometimes too, but not always obviously otherwise I couldn't have done it. I've had bad times though - when I was very anxious or coming down after a manic episode. That's hard to deal with in a foreign country. The other times make up for it though - nothing like the smells and feel of a new place, or for me even just waking up early and racing down to the beach in Bali. Fantastic feeling.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:

VR traveling is great, I've been to so many places in my Rift. Like the national parks with Obama or on the ISS simulator. Cheap too compared to the real costs .

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
VR traveling is great, I've been to so many places in my Rift. Like the national parks with Obama or on the ISS simulator. Cheap too compared to the real costs .
Cheap and convenient!

One of my favorite places to visit, is not a real place but fashioned after one. I think so highly of it, that I must bend this thread a little in order to accommodate it.

My own arcade, complete with working games.

Although, I must admit, looking out on the horizon of Mars was just amazing. ISS looks amazing too, I'll have to look for it although I'm not sure if I can get it, because I'm using a windows mixed reality headset.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Cheap and convenient!

One of my favorite places to visit, is not a real place but fashioned after one. I think so highly of it, that I must bend this thread a little in order to accommodate it.

My own arcade, complete with working games.

Although, I must admit, looking out on the horizon of Mars was just amazing. ISS looks amazing too, I'll have to look for it although I'm not sure if I can get it, because I'm using a windows mixed reality headset.

That arcade simulator looks awesome. I was going to purchase it when I first got the Rift but forgot, so maybe next time I set it up I'll buy it. I see that it needs your own roms, so will have to find out how to buy them. Also have not tried the Mars simulator, but will look for it. It sounds pretty cool.

The ISS simulator is free and worth it, there are some missions manning the control arm so there is a challenge involved, not just floating in space. And the weightlessness effect is super realistic.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 02:46 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I haven't been to many places, also bad memory but I liked Berlin and Bretagne. This is a cool place (in Normandie):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont-Saint-Michel

but I was a child when I visited there.

Also Brugge is pretty cool.

Also went to a ex-concentration camp while in Berlin it was outside Berlin I guess (because it was a school history trip.) Pretty disturbing.

I like London, I don't know if I'd recommend it. I live really near by and it's been an easy way to get out of the place I live and since it's nothing like the rest of the UK it's interesting in that way.

Glastonbury is interesting if you like Arthurian legend or New Age stuff, Cornwall, most of the South West of England.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page