Favorite social media likes system? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Mattie Sanstheworld

Favorite social media likes system?

Different platforms have different ways. Just wondering what you guys think is the best / worst of these.

Reddit: upvotes, downvotes, karma
down voted comments get hidden

Twitter: love. I don't use twitter much
It seems creepy that people can see your loves though.

Facebook:
positive: like, love, wow
mostly positive: haha
mostly negative: angry
you can also see who reacts to any given post

The 'haha' reaction is the most annoying one imo because it's used a lot for just 'disliking' which isn't an option. Your only option is to either be "angry" of opinions you don't like, or "make fun of them" which is kind of weird.

YouTube:
like / dislike for videos
for comments: like (dislike doesn't do anything?)
for channels: love / pin

SAS:
you quote the post and say 'This' or something

---

Not sure why these systems are different. Is it because of the format of the content is different, or are they just experimenting with different theories for what works best or whatever.

Mucus is a living thing you know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 08:00 PM
drifting in mist

I don't like any of it for "social" stuff. The reddit system is good for technical questions or other specific advice, much like stack overflow/exchange. But in conversation people should say why they like/don't like something instead of just pressing a button. It's like an even lazier version of sending a canned reply to an email.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 08:17 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post

SAS:
you quote the post and say 'This' or something
This

What is a man?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 12:46 AM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
Slashdot got it right 20+ years ago: various +1 and -1 options like insightful, interesting, troll, flamebait, along with karma and metamoderation, and intermittent moderator points to keep people from being professional busybodies. And the filtering options to view comments at the quality of your choice, of course.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 01:08 AM
Pesky Pessimist

It seems like social media's attention and exposure opportunities thrives mostly on how popular the user is.

I like reddit for this reason, because it's anonymous based, unless you choose not to be. Even then, each post, thread and subforum, you pretty much start anew. You pretty much is just nothing more than a username. Although it does have its flaws.

Although if you're using social media strictly as a popularity, exposure, attention procuring and self esteem contest, you're mostly on it for the wrong reasons.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Definitely not YouTube. I'm forever annoyed that I'm cockblocked from downvoting retarded comments. Why even have the option there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 08:43 PM
bipolar

I mostly just do the like thing on Twitter, and I often retweet them too. It's pretty much always to do with books, old manuscripts or libraries etc though and it's my book business account so it doesn't matter who sees it.

I very rarely use Facebook - I like a few posts on the bipolar groups I look at sometimes. It's alright - I don't really care either way.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 08:52 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Well, Youtube is the only one I bother with. I don't use Twitty or Facebork. I only use the thumbs up on Youtube if I actually like the video and want to see more like it. Which if I didn't like it, I probably wouldn't watch long enough to start thinking about the button. I don't read the comments.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2020, 07:46 AM
Discord all the way

-Discord
-Facebook is alright
-Tumblr
-SAS? Ehhh....somewhat
-Pinterest is inspirational.

Sent from SPIRITO using Tapatalk
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2020, 12:15 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Just plain old forums, where people typically respond to one another in a variety of threads and the threads are sorted by the date of the last response. I think the like/dislike formula has really dumbed down a lot of dialogue people used to have with one another - instead of a thought out response detailing what a person may have liked, we get a thumb up or thumb down. Due to the popularity of bad ideas, this leads others to believing in whatever they read that has a high rating. Plus, there might be one thing I like in a post and would like to compliment that while not up voting all of the ideas contained within it.

Socializing should not be like a product review on amazon . People tend to be a little less biased on the products they buy than the ideas that they hold.

I really do miss long and well thought out posts made by people who put a lot of care in what they were saying, it was a nice way to spend time. Now we get a few lines of text, accompanied by an image and that is considered the epitome of communication in most places. This forum used to have a lot more people who would leave awesome posts that spanned on for paragraphs, I miss it. We still have some really cool posters here though, but it is nothing like it used to be, in fact most forums are not.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page