Favorite ASMR triggers? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Self-absorbed but it's ok

Language: Bad English
My Mood: Dead

Favorite ASMR triggers?

I'm new to this. I used to find it weird, but after therapy I don't find it weird anymore. I think I know the explanation why so many people like it, but if I say most of you won't like it cause it can be kinda embarrassing to some people. So I won't It's embarrassing to me sometimes too but mostly not

I have a few. For example, clicking sounds and fluffy mics.

What are yours if you watch them?

Sorry not sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 11:19 AM
SAS Member

The only ones I've watched and enjoyed are bunnies eating different kinds of crunchy foods lol

https://youtu.be/WyD_oesdxiI
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 11:42 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
I like the role-plays best.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 12:09 PM
Leftist Darkness

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I don't listen to them regularly, well this one I did recently but it's not good ASMR he's just a musician I find attractive.

I have a playlist on YT built over time (some of them are joke videos though like Oblivion ASMR lol.) I'm not sure I have precise triggers I can narrow down. I used to get it more when people were speaking I guess irl at random points. I found Bob Ross's videos fairly good as unintentional ASMR:

also makeup stuff I guess. Someone posted a makeup video on this forum a while back and I ended up watching it and bookmarked it in my ASMR playlist. I also watched a bunch of John Maclean videos a while back for his personality after seeing some clips, and his voice/stuff sometimes works.

Some video with a mermaid pillow where someone was brushing it back and forth too, fiddling with a styrofoam mannequin head, some writing videos, and some hair brushing videos but that depends because sometimes it can feel like someone's touching me and weird me out (mirror neuron sort of thing.)

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain
You've been talking to the wall
Everybody is dead in this house

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain
You never wanted to be born

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 12:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I can't stand human ASMRs but love the ones with animals eating or grooming themselves. It's so soothing.

I find soap cutting ASMRs oddly satisfying as well.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 12:51 PM
SAS Member

sounds like whispering used to creep me out. the whole thing really makes me uncomfortable. i guess in a way can relate to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

needless to mention the annoying attention seeking side of it/ youtube thots, etc..

however, i love certain sound effects like nature sound effects, animal farm sound effect, train/horse cart sound effect,etc.. i don't mind binaural beats videos as well.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 05:05 PM
SAS Member

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 05:26 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
Those standard video ASMR things usually trigger misophonia and intense rage in me...I have to avoid them. Especially the whispery ones. I want to punch the people in them. For that reason I'm not clicking any of the YouTube links in this thread. Some beer company used this technique in an ad a while back with this hot woman blowing on and running her finger around the lip of a bottle and whisper-whisper-whispering and...UGH GOD I wanted to deck her in the face.

And watching/listening to people eat grosses me out...I don't understand the appeal of that at all. To each their own, I guess.

Many of these seem like attractive users taking advantage of their looks for views, anyway. Notice most of the popular "ASMR" videos are hot young women doing various things while smiling at the camera? I doubt they're getting most of their hits from people experiencing actual ASMR...replace the hot young woman with an unattractive, older, overweight one (such as myself) doing the exact same things and see if she gets nearly as many hits.

Now that I probably pissed off some people... -_-

The only thing I've ever experienced that causes a distinct ASMR reaction in me is a cat purring directly in my ear...it makes my neck tingle. Always has, decades before the term "ASMR" was a thing. I figured that was just something weird I experienced alone. There are other noises and sensations I like but they don't make anything tingle like that, so I can't really consider them "true" ASMR. (Also, the effect seems to wear off after the first time and if a cat purrs in my ear twice, it doesn't happen the second time. Don't know why. It's very fleeting.)

I think "stimming" might be a better word for the feeling I get from some things...like running tickly blanket fibers between my fingers (I find this soothing), and watching people mix metallic paints, or glittery GIFs and such...they mesmerize me. It seems people mix these two concepts together or maybe I'm not understanding it all correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love is like a dream View Post
sounds like whispering used to creep me out. the whole thing really makes me uncomfortable. i guess in a way can relate to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

needless to mention the annoying attention seeking side of it/ youtube thots, etc..
Thank God I'm not the only one, at least. The whispering doesn't creep me out but...I can't describe how infuriated I get. I want to physically harm people. And I'm not typically a violent person, either. I honestly do not advocate punching people for whispering.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 09:33 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
replace the hot young woman with an unattractive

how on earth did you come to conclusion that you are "unattractive"? lol
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 12:17 AM
Leftist Darkness

@tehuti88

The ones I posted aren't actual ASMR videos except the first text link which is someone eating but as I said it's not good from an ASMR standpoint imo (I think he only did it because so many people requested it anyway,) because they are mutually exclusive.

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 12:54 AM
a

I've been to ASMR audio and video for a fair number of years, before it became mainstream. At first I would be triggered by many different sounds - I don't even recall now. But I started getting headaches and stopped for a while.

I listen to them usually to fall asleep to, or just to relax (but mainly the former). I still get an ASMR trigger occasionally. It's usually from whispering (sorry @tehuti88 ) or tongue clicking. But other random sounds have been a trigger too.

Triggers in real life can come from things such as people that I know singing (in a gentle manner) , or playing the piano. These things have to be done in a certain way, or I have to be in a particular mood to get that ASMR feeling.

2b
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 01:54 AM
SAS Member

I've been watching/listening to ASMR videos for many years now, I've had ASMR since I was little kid. Most people I know don't like them and feel embarrassed for some reason. I don't like lip smacking, mouth sounds or mukbang videos, but love/like most of the rest - whispering/soft spoken, mic brushing, role plays, crinkley sounds, echo sounds...

My playlist - Heather Feather ASMR, ASMattR ASMR, Goodnight Moon, Cheryl ASMR, OopsyDaisy ASMR, QueenOfSerene ASMR, Accidentally Graceful, Springbok ASMR, Nite Shift ASMR, Phoenician Sailor,
asmr zeitgeist, ANYA ASMR, Calum ASMR.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:48 AM
SAS Member

Not ASMR but to help me relax at night I watch Baumgartner Restoration videos on painting conservation or listen to audio books, currently I'm mid-way through Shelley's Frankenstein. Another channel that I find really relaxing is 李子柒 Liziqi.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 05:07 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
I think I'm.immune to any form of ASMR. It just sounds like some annoying noise in my ear. Like tehuti88, whispering in my ear? So damned annoying.

I can only get pleasant spine tingles up and down by body if it's music related and that happens infrequently. But most people get that AFAIK, so I don't know if that counts.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear.
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 07:00 AM
Cooked.

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I don't listen to them regularly, well this one I did recently but it's not good ASMR he's just a musician I find attractive.

I have a playlist on YT built over time (some of them are joke videos though like Oblivion ASMR lol.) I'm not sure I have precise triggers I can narrow down. I used to get it more when people were speaking I guess irl at random points. I found Bob Ross's videos fairly good as unintentional ASMR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsXuGvfMj64
I love when he "beats the devil" out of the brush.

The world is not my home. I'm just passing through.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 07:18 AM
Leftist Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
I love when he "beats the devil" out of the brush.
lol yeah there's a compilation video of him saying that:

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain

Kick down the door
Kick through the pain

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 07:52 AM
CWe
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
I can'tstand ASMR tbh. The eating videos are the worst!

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 09:00 AM
SAS Member

I think unintentional ASMR is best so I like the youtube channel Best Unintentional ASMR.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI4...rt=p&flow=grid
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 02:26 AM
slave

I like makeup sounds the best. Like the sound of a mascara wand going in and out of the tube or hearing brush strokes. Also really like cooking sounds. I notice I tend to watch asmr videos with not a whole lot of talking, too. The person's voice is also a huge factor, especially if she has a very soothing voice. I tend to go for girls with soft voices. Gentle Whispering is a very popular one. Ocassionally I also watch and fall asleep to ASMR Negative Energy Removal or Sage Cleansing videos too. I like to mix it up
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 02:34 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Oh man those brush sounds make me shiver in a bad way. Reminds me of another thing that really bothers me. Rubbing paper with my fingers. I hate hate hate the way it feels and sounds!

I also always hated licking Popsicle sticks (and avoided eating them for that reason)! The thought of it makes me tense up really bad. Something about dry surfaces and that sound.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page