Enlarging - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Waiting on Jason

Enlarging

I'm taking a class for graphic design and the instructor asked the class to take their original design and enlarge it to a 10x10 image. Since I am horrible at math and numbers in general, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. Okay, my original circle has the diameter of an 8/8 of an inch or something like that. I don't have a protractor, all I have is a ruler. What should I do and what size will the circle be, enlarged to a 10x10? Please, please help. I'm really dumb when it comes to working with numbers. It's sad.

Be careful who you share your troubles with. Those you confide in may revel in your misfortune and conspire in your demise. Not everyone has your best interest at heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
SAS Member

I wish I could help Someone here is bound to know what to do And it doesn't mean you're dumb just because you don't know how.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 PM
SAS Member

re: Enlarging

8/8 of an inch is 1 inch right? And I think that your image should have a diameter of 10 inches, so I guess you just have to enlarge your image 10 times.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
SAS Member

re: Enlarging

Is it 1/8 of an inch (an eighth?) it would be 80x enlarged then (8x to get to one inch, 10x to get to 10" (8x*10x = 80x) )

If the 10x10 means that the circle would fit inside a square 10x10 inches high and wide, The circle diameter would be 10 inches.
|
|
|
|10"
|
|
|
|
|_________10"________

With just a ruler, you would find the center point which is 5 inches up and five inches over. Then you put dots five inches away from this center point around the outside radius of the circle and connect the dots. At least that is a way to do it without a protractor if you had to do it by hand.

"Sure there are plenty of other fish in the sea; but you're not anywhere near the sea. You're in the desert. Alone."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Waiting on Jason

The circle template that I was using has an 8/8 below the circle. I should be in inches. When I measured it was an inch in diameter. The smallest circle has 1/8 written below it. Mind you, I don't exactly know what I'm talking about.

If I enlarged it to a diameter of 10 inches it wouldn't leave room for the rest of the design. The size of the paper is supposed to be 10x10. This project is so stupid and the instructor is confusing me.

Be careful who you share your troubles with. Those you confide in may revel in your misfortune and conspire in your demise. Not everyone has your best interest at heart.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Waiting on Jason

Thank guys for being so kind. Your help is greatly appreciated. I think I'm going to do the grid thing. I'll let y'all know how it comes out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page