Embarrassing stories - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Embarrassing stories

I read a post about what the most embarrassing thimg that ever happened all the answers sucked. The reason I think this cos the stories just sound Well. Not even embarrassing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Lonely Misanthrope

This thread is embarrassing.

Now I'm Nothing
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaStrange View Post
This thread is embarrassing.
It's almost like a thread about nothing.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:18 PM
☆ Moderator ☆

The stories might not have sounded embarrassing to you, but they were to the people they happened to. People with social anxiety are anxious about doing anything that could make them embarrass themselves, and some things that others might not care about could be something that a socially anxious person would still think about up to ten or more years after it happens.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:59 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I read a post about what the most embarrassing thimg that ever happened all the answers sucked. The reason I think this cos the stories just sound Well. Not even embarrassing.
Well, this is a social anxiety forum so the things that don't sound embarrassing to you might be the most embarrassing thing ever to some other people here. That's kinda the point of the place.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:42 AM
bipolar

The stories probably aren't that good because people are too embarassed to tell the really embarassing ones. That would be the case with me - I've embarassed my self so many times it's almost a hobby.

Not telling though.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 04:49 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
While talking to a traffic warden once about parking restrictions in the area I took some coins out of my coat pocket for a ticket & put the left over coins in my left trouser pocket & there was a hole in it so they fell on the ground, then I lifted them & put them in my right pocket & they also fell on the ground, that's when I decided these coins can be exchanged for new trousers without holes

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:13 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Mellow
Tripping and falling down my High School's stairs that led into the hallway and having someone nearby just laugh at me was embarrassing.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
What comes to embarrassing stories, sometimes it might be quite a challenge to read it (if it's really embarrassing) and (at least for me) almost impossible to write/tell it... And it way too much to tell as my whole life already is an embarrassing story...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:29 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
theres a lot of distance between the person and the event by the time they tell the story I guess. also it's in the story telling ability.

when I was a kid on a school trip I needed to pee but too scared to say so. got to ride a horse. yipee. peed on horse + myself. no one noticed or cared apparently, so was in pee clothes all day.

story telling ability 1/5. left out feelings. mostly just the facts. could be much better. plus it's mostly just sad, repeated theme of my life. me denying to myself that I have human needs, everyone not giving a **** and ignoring my invisible internal drama, reinforcing alienation, etc.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:52 PM
☆ Moderator ☆

Sometimes when something embarrassing happens, I try to pretend it didn’t happen so I won’t feel so bad about it. If most people are the same as me with that, it could mean they’re not going to post some of their worst stories, like @harrison said.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
I prefer to repress that stuff. Don't want to think about anything embarrassing things that I did in my life. I can still feel the shame and cringe in my gut when I recall embarrassing events. Right now, no embarrassing memories are at the forefront of my mind and I prefer to keep it that way 🙂

Life's Wack
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 AM
In Liquidation

I got a very recent one. I just wasted energy and time making a short reply this thread.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:08 AM
Pandora’s Birthright

My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What’s your embarrassing story? I have high expectations now.

Some people will always need help. That doesn’t mean they’re not worth helping
– Meera Reed
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:17 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I prefer to repress that stuff. Don't want to think about anything embarrassing things that I did in my life. I can still feel the shame and cringe in my gut when I recall embarrassing events. Right now, no embarrassing memories are at the forefront of my mind and I prefer to keep it that way 🙂
I think its the same for a lot of us on here. I used to dwell way too much looking like an idiot in front of others. I think having the ability to laugh things off is something a lot of us do not have.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't as conscious as I am. It would be so much easier."
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:59 AM
SAS Member

Unhappy

What is so wrong about being a virgin ?

.... my genocologist made fun of me with her coworker because I am a virgin at age 23, she told me not to be too picky and to choose someone but I told her that it is difficult... She says I have to have a baby and that should be done by the age of 30... I told her that I am not thinking about babies at all. She said I should. They were looking at me as if I was the biggest joke ever and said to look at me and it was all horrible experience. Before I left the cabinet she made me take tests to check my hormones even tho I do not have the symptoms she explained that happened in a situation like mine... She was talking on the phone when she was cheking me on the videozone for the things other doctors found and send me to her and she said that both those doctors were wrong. Now I am left with a prescription for pills I have to take for six months for nothing because I am not even sure that she is correct... you know, being busy making assumptions and laughing at me, making fun of me and talking on the phone later is making her diagnosis so much accurate, right... I am beyond embarrased and ashamed now because yes, I am a virgin and I am 23... but I am healthy and I do not want to settle for a fool of a guy , I haven't met one who is nice and understanding and I do not want idiots. Maybe it is my fault. Okey. But I don't want to sleep with someone just because the human body works this way and it is frowed upon. What is so wrong about being a virgin ? Why must I feel like an alien? I do not see anything funny. I can't sleep with people I don't like. What do I have to do ? ....
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Changeless

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanAnne View Post
.... my genocologist made fun of me with her coworker because I am a virgin at age 23, she told me not to be too picky and to choose someone but I told her that it is difficult... She says I have to have a baby and that should be done by the age of 30... I told her that I am not thinking about babies at all. She said I should. They were looking at me as if I was the biggest joke ever and said to look at me and it was all horrible experience. Before I left the cabinet she made me take tests to check my hormones even tho I do not have the symptoms she explained that happened in a situation like mine... She was talking on the phone when she was cheking me on the videozone for the things other doctors found and send me to her and she said that both those doctors were wrong. Now I am left with a prescription for pills I have to take for six months for nothing because I am not even sure that she is correct... you know, being busy making assumptions and laughing at me, making fun of me and talking on the phone later is making her diagnosis so much accurate, right... I am beyond embarrased and ashamed now because yes, I am a virgin and I am 23... but I am healthy and I do not want to settle for a fool of a guy , I haven't met one who is nice and understanding and I do not want idiots. Maybe it is my fault. Okey. But I don't want to sleep with someone just because the human body works this way and it is frowed upon. What is so wrong about being a virgin ? Why must I feel like an alien? I do not see anything funny. I can't sleep with people I don't like. What do I have to do ? ....
Wait, you said your gynecologist made fun of you? with her co-worker? Talking on the phone? Wtf? I had an orthopedist who was diagnosing some hip problems I had years ago. He had the door open and was talking back and forth with a coworker about a ski trip he had planned whilst he was examining me. Needless to say, I ignored all his advice which turned out to be a good call as he prescribed Vioxx, a drug that caused well over 100,000 people to have heart problems and was ultimately pulled from the market. I hope you switched doctors.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

“I'm very polite by nature, even the voices in my head let each other finish their sentences.”
― Graham Parke, Unspent Time
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:40 PM
SAS Member

Language: Speaks English, Understands Spanish and Dutch
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Doctor or not, that isn't her place to tell you things like that. I love that you are waiting for the right person, because that's rare these days. Don't let anyone tell you what you should do with your body.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:53 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Quote:
[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SAS_2015/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG] .... my genocologist made fun of me with her coworker because I am a virgin at age 23, she told me not to be too picky and to choose someone but I told her that it is difficult... She says I have to have a baby and that should be done by the age of 30... I told her that I am not thinking about babies at all. She said I should. They were looking at me as if I was the biggest joke ever and said to look at me and it was all horrible experience. Before I left the cabinet she made me take tests to check my hormones even tho I do not have the symptoms she explained that happened in a situation like mine... She was talking on the phone when she was cheking me on the videozone for the things other doctors found and send me to her and she said that both those doctors were wrong. Now I am left with a prescription for pills I have to take for six months for nothing because I am not even sure that she is correct... you know, being busy making assumptions and laughing at me, making fun of me and talking on the phone later is making her diagnosis so much accurate, right... I am beyond embarrased and ashamed now because yes, I am a virgin and I am 23... but I am healthy and I do not want to settle for a fool of a guy , I haven't met one who is nice and understanding and I do not want idiots. Maybe it is my fault. Okey. But I don't want to sleep with someone just because the human body works this way and it is frowed upon. What is so wrong about being a virgin ? Why must I feel like an alien? I do not see anything funny. I can't sleep with people I don't like. What do I have to do ? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SAS_2015/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG] ....
Holy **** this is the most unprofessional bull **** I’ve ever heard. Not to mention not their business. Not to mention just plain wrong!
Wtf! I can’t even imagine how this person still has a job. If you don’t want to have kids, dont. It’s a huge ****ing job and we got a lot of people on this planet already.
Also 23 isn’t that old to be a virgin. You don’t have to have sex at all if you don’t want to. No big deal, some people just aren’t into it.

Embarrassing story-I forgot my lines in the middle of a monologue once, so it was just me on stage, alone, silent, for what felt like an hour.
It’s hard to think of anything since high school- not sure if you grow out of that kind of thing or if life kind of grows out of that type of situation.

It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls, for the times they are a changing.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:05 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
WOW, my reaction is just like Lyssia's... I'm fuming. It's your life/body, and there's already too many people on this planet (most of them arguably redundant too...), I can't believe she did that and gossiped to her co-worker too all while you were there.. wow.

I would've clapped back "What, are you going to pay for childcare then?" =_= and left or something.. I s2g so many people are like this, either virgin-shame or pro-life but don't even think about the unborn child and circumstances of the person.

How old/what age group was your Gynecologist? <_< If she's whining and gossiping so much about virgins and having kids, great then she should be the one paying for all our future children : )! What a *****

I don't wanna exist

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page