Embarrassing Moments.. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy

Embarrassing Moments..

I was just reminiscing about the past and remember some embarrassing moments that happened because of my parents. It was bad at the time, but looking back it was kind of funny. So if you have one, then share one of your embarrassing moments that happened because of your parents, and how you dealt with it.

For mine I was around 12 and wanted to go to the movies with some friends, and my dad had to take us. The problem was he had this junker of a car. Picture something that is rusted out, paint peeling everywhere, and it had a horrible backfire. Well sure enough he drove right up to the front where everyone was and the car let out a huge backfire, lol. All we could do was duck beneath the windows and try not to be seen, haha. Of course everyone was snickering when we got out, but we ended up having a good time, so that kind of helped.

Here is what the make of the car was for visual reference. This one is actually not bad looking. My dad's was the complete opposite in looks, lol.:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM
SAS Member

Re: Embarrassing Moments..

I was in the grocery store with my grandma and she told me to get a roll of paper towels. They weren't stacked up too well so when I grabbed the roll the entire display of paper towels fell down. My grandma just walked away like she didn't know me and I was standing there surrounded by 100 rolls of paper towels. Looking back I laugh my butt off about it now

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM

well i was in my french class when my cellphone started ringing( we were allowed to bring our bags into school and that's where i hide my cellphone) and I didn't frgging forgot to turned it off and then my face started to get really really blushy and then the teacher instruct me to turn it off and a few minutes later it started to ring again( the whole class was staring at me)i didn't know that instead of turning it off i didn't... I was really really embarassed.. and now when I look back at it.. it is really still painful for me that it had happened
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Après moi, le déluge

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlleo19
well i was in my french class when my cellphone started ringing( we were allowed to bring our bags into school and that's where i hide my cellphone) and I didn't frgging forgot to turned it off and then my face started to get really really blushy and then the teacher instruct me to turn it off and a few minutes later it started to ring again( the whole class was staring at me)i didn't know that instead of turning it off i didn't... I was really really embarassed.. and now when I look back at it.. it is really still painful for me that it had happened
Awwww... stuff like that happens all the time. I've even heard a professor's phone ring while in class - and he took the call.

Have a nice day,
Kelly

Carefully, but full of might.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Magnanimous carcinoma

I accidentally burped during an important interview. Two weeks ago. One of the girls across from me turned her head towards me really fast and shot me the ever-mighty ".....the ****?!" look. hah, they shouldn't have given us complimentary food. I can't be held accountable for surprise attacks; I didn't even know it was coming.. at least my mouth was shut. **** happens. Today, for example, I inadvertently ended up with rain water all over the back of my pants, and a group of girls pointed it out and laughed at me. Another recent example: my stomach made a noise that eerily resembled a fart during a meeting with my professor, and instead of clearing the air (no pun intended) by saying, "That was my stomach," I just let it go out of discomfort, so I'm fairly certain he thinks I farted in his office. I think that smile he gives me is the secret result of reminiscing over the hearty chuckle he had with his fellow colleagues after telling them about the weird chick that let one rip in his leather chair.
..... And I also had a cell phone incident. It involved my message alert noise going off every five minutes for what seemed an hour. I kept thinking, "what an *******... turn off your phone idiot. It's annoying everyone." I reach into my bag and.. yeah, it was mine. Everyone knew it.
I could go on for pages. My life is one embarrassing moment after another; you get accustomed to it after a while. Seriously, everything I just wrote has happened to me within the past month. I average around 4-5 soul crushing events every month. I'm dead inside now.

Oops, I must've read the thread wrong. Luckily, my parents weren't extremely embarrassing when I was growing up. My mom did the most embarrassing thing to me imaginable when I was 18. I'm not even going to say what it is, because it took me years to stop feeling sick to my stomach each time I thought about it. I still can't believe she did that. Mortifying.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
SAS Member

Speaking of cell phones, mine is ALWAYS on vibrate, so I never have to worry about it going off in the middle of class. Or so I thought. One day, my "sort of friend" asked if he could borrow my phone real quick. During the time in which he had possession of my phone, first, he turned it off vibrate and onto the loudest noise setting. Next, he changed my ringtone to the TLC song "Independent Woman". Finally, he called me in the middle of class...

I'm not very good at this whole "socializing" fad.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell
Speaking of cell phones, mine is ALWAYS on vibrate, so I never have to worry about it going off in the middle of class. Or so I thought. One day, my "sort of friend" asked if he could borrow my phone real quick. During the time in which he had possession of my phone, first, he turned it off vibrate and onto the loudest noise setting. Next, he changed my ringtone to the TLC song "Independent Woman". Finally, he called me in the middle of class...

embarrassing, but hilarious
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy

LoL, some embarrassing, but funny stuff.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvr6

That is a Lincoln Mark V. They made them from 1977-1979. Alanis Morissette drives a black one in one of her music videos.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:51 AM

An embarrassing moment caused by my parents?

Well my mom always loved to ambush people when I would bring them over, dragging them into easily a 10-15 conversation at our front door before finally letting them go.

One of these times I was supposed to go to the drive-in with a close friend of mine who I hadn't seen in years (she had moved, I was down visiting her). As she swings by the hotel and I'm getting into the SUV, both my parents decide to wander on out and strike up a conversation with her. Now they had never met this particular girl before, ever. Regardless, they dragged her into a 15 minute conversation about a wide range of topics. Politics, her dad's job, the town she moved to, etc.

The whole time, she's sitting in the driver's with me next to her while my parents are standing outside talking to her through the driver's window. FINALLY they stopped talking and we got out of there, but before we did my mom thanks my friend for taking me out, for spending time with me. I'm sitting there like "what the hell?" She's not doing charity work by taking me out, we were friends. It made me sound really pathetic and like a momma's boy.

After we were driving off my friend turned to me and said something along the lines of: "That was really weird, why did they talk to me about all that stuff?" I just shrugged and said "That's my parents, they always do things like that."

By the time we got to the drive-in the show had already started so we couldn't get in. Thanks a lot mom and dad. It totally blew our evening... we only had 3 days to visit. It would have been a really fun night.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 AM

i don't want to talk about it...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
SAS Member

Im not sure if anyone saw me do this but...I was working at a lime factory and some lime had fallen down my backside. If we have any chemistry majors here, you know when water (sweat) reacts with lime it burns. And did it burn! It felt like someone had stuck a hot iron on my tailbone. I ran to the water cooler and started pouring the water down my pants. It was hard to lay down for a week after that. LOL

"I'm very important. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."-Ron Burgundy
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
killer of conversations

Not because of my parents, but...

Last year around this time I was early into a friendship (I guess you could call it that) with a guy I liked. I thought he was rather good-looking, I could relate to him, and he asked for my number. Hah. Long time no attention - makes you do stupid things. I don't remember if this was the same day or not, but I ended up making an idiot of myself. He had started walking around the halls with me after class (I loathed this, because it meant making conversation). So this particular day we ended up having that class at the end of the day, I could just leave the building and not go straight over to my next class. We took a different route - and to avoid having to force conversation more I chose to go out the nearest door possible (which was stupid, since I'd be taking the long way home from there, and he knew that. Thanks SA).

Anyway, I completely forgot there was a gap between the door and the ground outside, and tripped. I don't know if he saw or not considering I never looked back. If he didn't notice, I'm sure other people did. It was the end of the day and people were everywhere. Ugh.

I have a habit of tripping on everything. At least I have good reflexes so usually I don't end up on my ***.

Another time I was in the school bathroom with a friend and whacked my hand really hard on a piece of metal on a stall door. It swelled quite a bit. (I also have a habit of being unaware that my arms aren't made of stone). They just swing away! I have to be careful when walking or else I might take someone out with a swing-punch as they're walking past me.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Diggin' My Potatoes

Not too long ago I was sending a package to somebody and had it stuck in my head that the "LA" in "Shreveport Louisiana" stood for "Los Angeles," effectively making myself look like a retard who thinks Los Angeles is a state even though I know damn well that it's not... ¬_¬

Not one of my finer moments. I kept thinking about that mistake for a week straight, feeling stupid about it the whole time.

“Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page