does anyone here live the home - school/work - home life? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

does anyone here live the home - school/work - home life?

i'm just a newbie here at SAS. out of my curiosity, i want to ask if anyone of you have this so-called "home - school/work - home" life? well, honestly i am in that shoe right now. and i am still for so many years now. i think i have already outgrew the normal life of a teen - parties, dating, sports, etc. it's but sad that i can feel the pain of being lonely right now. unlike before when i prefer being alone. now, i am longing to have a social life.

it's summer in here and there's nowhere to spend it but here at home. i have friends but they are at my college. i don't have some sort of buddies around our neighborhood. i used to have my childhood friends here until now but we're no longer that close anymore. i tend to ignore them when i see them outside the house. my life is really boring, and you know what i mean

right now, i'm looking forward to the opening of classes this june. i am so much excited to meet my friends again and get busy with all the school works. i just think that it is much more tiring to spend you time doing nothing that keeping yourself busy most of the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:32 PM
^_^

I don't anymore, but when I was in high school and the start of university, all I did was work and go to school. My sister and I used to say "go to school, go to work, come home. go to school, go to work, come home," over and over, in joking that that was all our lives were. It was very stressful, being a teenager and never having any free time. Any time I did spend at home was usually spent doing homework or sleeping.

I hated it so much. And my job wasn't even at all fun... I would cry in my car before going in some days. I'm older now, but don't work nearly as hard as I did then... Very strange that our society treats teenagers so awful.

(I'm not sure if that relates to what you were asking very well...) But yeah, I had no life outside of school and work and it sucked.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

yes, it relates somehow. though what i am experiencing right now is the "stereotyping" of some people, which i believe are my family and friends. they usually pick on me and say how boring my life is. well, the reason why they say so is because i am here at home all day long - well it's summer. should i go anywhere else? some people look at me as if i'm a gay person for not having hobbies like what they have - sports, band, computer games.

i don't find being "alone" as some sort of a weird or a bad thing. but when people start to question you for being alone most of the times, then that calls my attention
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:51 PM
^_^

gay people have hobbies too...

But yeah... Parents tend to frown upon their kids lying around all summer, but if you don't have a job, what are you supposed to do? (or on days you don't work) Unless you're rich, you can't be out doing things all the time...

I don't think being alone is a bad thing. Many people have some sort of desire for human interaction. If I'm alone for too long, I feel sad, but I do like being alone sometimes.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

there's no such thing as summer jobs in here. when you really mean employment (if you're a teenager), you should be working and studying at the same time. you just can't get a job for like two months or something. i really wanted to work even just for this time and sadly there's no opportunity out there.

this summer, i have been busy looking after minor repairs at home. and that ends there. i couldn't think of another way to spend the rest of my vacation. anyway, days are fast approaching. i hope to get back into action very soon.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:54 PM
SAS Member

I'm home-schooled, about to graduate. I'm gradually trying to get out in public more though. I'm hoping to g a real job this summer to help pay for college in the fall.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
SAS Member

I spend most of my time outside school at home on the computer, just looking for something to do or somebody to talk to. Life is good.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM
SAS Member

I live the home...home..home life. I get out once in awhile but since I work from home, that's where I spend most of my time. Sometimes I think I use my job as an excuse not to go places where I might have to (gasp) interact with other people.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for Understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustafsg View Post
I live the home...home..home life. I get out once in awhile but since I work from home, that's where I spend most of my time. Sometimes I think I use my job as an excuse not to go places where I might have to (gasp) interact with other people.
I really understand your post, if that makes any sense.
I'm experiencing a similar situation right now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page