Do you wear tank tops? - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
I'm actually looking to buy some tank tops. I used to think they looked trashy on everyone and I kind of still do, but now I rather like that same quality about them. There's nothing refined about a tank top but you'd never think a person in a tank top to be anxious about anything.
I think they can look pretty good for the right occasion, especially if the weather is nice and sunny. Some people can pull them off better. They take some getting used to though, especially wearing in public if you aren't used to it, and you tend to be self conscious/shy. It took me a while to get used to wearing them around people, and I still feel a little self conscious at times in them. I don't wear them much in public lately, but sometimes on a hot weekend I'll wear one with some shorts if I need to do some shopping or something if it's particularly hot out. Also I used to like wearing them at the gym to workout, although for that I usually would wear an old graphic/sports T-shirt but cut the sleeves/sides off. Very comfortable for that, and kinda fit in since a lot of guys do that there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 08:51 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
I have no chest and flabby arm fat. of course I do.

...I dont really. It's not flattering for my body type. I can pull off skinny jeans.
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 01:43 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy07 View Post
I think they can look pretty good for the right occasion, especially if the weather is nice and sunny. Some people can pull them off better. They take some getting used to though, especially wearing in public if you aren't used to it, and you tend to be self conscious/shy. It took me a while to get used to wearing them around people, and I still feel a little self conscious at times in them. I don't wear them much in public lately, but sometimes on a hot weekend I'll wear one with some shorts if I need to do some shopping or something if it's particularly hot out. Also I used to like wearing them at the gym to workout, although for that I usually would wear an old graphic/sports T-shirt but cut the sleeves/sides off. Very comfortable for that, and kinda fit in since a lot of guys do that there.
Yeah, ultimately you do you, and almost no clothing is universally good or bad (I said almost - grandma once gifted me skin-tight knee-length white denim shorts with pink roses). And there are so many different types of tank tops - from 'wife beaters' (that name, wtf) to the really cut out ones that gay guys like.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
Yeah, ultimately you do you, and almost no clothing is universally good or bad (I said almost - grandma once gifted me skin-tight knee-length white denim shorts with pink roses). And there are so many different types of tank tops - from 'wife beaters' (that name, wtf) to the really cut out ones that gay guys like.
Oh yeah, I forgot about wife beaters. I have some of those in different colors but I only ever wear them as undershirts. I really prefer white Ts for that anyway.
post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 11:15 PM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Doubtful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
I wonder why the undershirt tank tops are called wife beaters.
I noticed on the TV show COPS a lot of the men arrested for domestic violence were wearing white tank tops and lived in trailer parks. It's a redneck thing, I guess.
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

It was a really nice day out today, so I went out in a tank top today. Which was the first time probably this year I did so.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page