Do you like music? What’s your fav genre? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

Do you like music? What’s your fav genre?

I’m from a country where Reggae music is a part of my culture but I dont really fancy it. I have no problem with Reggae music but I’m just not fan. I prefer pop and rock music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Time to conduct evil...

Industrial/gothic/metal
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Elle Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni-slash View Post
Industrial/gothic/metal
What’s your fav band?
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 07:06 AM
The Groat King

Psychedelic
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 09:01 AM
SAS Member

Yeah, I really like music. My favorites are usually alternative or punk rock and also ambient and dance/techno/dubstep. But I listen to all kinds. Not a huge fan of the newer music in the 2010s, although there's some I like. My least favorites are probably rap and country (sorry) but I don't listen to those much. From your avatar, I like some Taylor Swift songs also.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 12:05 PM
SAS Member

Language: Scots / English
Favourite genre? I don't really have one, since I like a bit of everything, really. Hard rock and metal are my most listened to genres, though. But I like electronic and country music. Not a huge fan of rap beyond like Run DMC and Beastie Boys to be honest.

Favourite band? Probably Iron Maiden, because they were the first band I ever saw live in concert.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 12:07 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
I think the only kind I don't really listen to is classical. I'm not a big fan of country music either, but some tracks are okay. I suppose I mostly listen to alternative rock/punk rock/pop/electronic music.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Fine
I listen and would listen to pretty much every genre,country not so much ,just like these song by keith urban - "blue ain't your color" & Brett Young - In Case You Didn't Know,for those sad days. Recently introduced to Japanese music from someone I met in the forum.I would say my taste of music isn't fixed to a particular genre.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - -- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - - -- - -- - -- - - -- -- - -- - --
I really had bad days I felt like am alone but it was once worse. I think am making progress and finding my smile back.
What am currently on:
Online Anxiety Help
The link is audios,videos and by that Irish guy Barry McDonagh(one of my favorite Social Anxiety authors ). Sharing is caring.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:57 AM
Packing My Bags

Went from hip hop > rock alternative > indie alternative > nu disco and/or synthrock/pop > chillhop/jazz.

Wonder where I will transition to next?.. Definitely not Country or Bluegrass though. I can't stand either of them.

A nearby bar also has a Pirate Thursdays theme, where every thursday nights there are hobbyists Pirate themed band that performs singing the pirate/buccaneer sea shanty songs. Maybe I might get into that.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 09:48 AM
SAS Member

Language: Disapproving glances & blushing
In order of hours spent listening:

Hard Rock

90s House & Dance

Metal

Blues

Synth Wave

Hip-Hop

Let not your mind run on what you lack as much as on what you have already.

- Marcus Aurelius
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 10:53 AM
SAS Member

Vegan music <3
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Gangsta Crayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
Went from hip hop > rock alternative > indie alternative > nu disco and/or synthrock/pop > chillhop/jazz.

Wonder where I will transition to next?.. Definitely not Country or Bluegrass though. I can't stand either of them.

A nearby bar also has a Pirate Thursdays theme, where every thursday nights there are hobbyists Pirate themed band that performs singing the pirate/buccaneer sea shanty songs. Maybe I might get into that.
I cant stand country music either. 90s country is the worst.

I love alternative/rock and dark ambient and industrial music. Shoegaze, electronic, some rap/hip hop, pop, some classical, instrumentals, classic rock. I also love dream pop and indie music, too.

I guess my favorite would be alternative, then dark ambient, then industrial and shoegaze. It's hard to pick a favorite genre but I know I listen to a lot of alternative, dark ambient, industrial, shoegaze, indie, and pop. A lot of pop isnt good but if the beat sounds original and the singing is really good then I enjoy it.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Yoink

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Sometimes. I mostly feel music. If I don't feel it, I don't like it. Popular music that feels right to me is rather rare. Good lyrics aren't enough. Most "heavy" or fast music feels wrong to me. It's makes me feel agitated or annoyed or just plain uninterested. I like slower and more melodic (or just more melodic if it has to be faster)

/WYSD
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 02:00 AM
Packing My Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
I cant stand country music either. 90s country is the worst.

I love alternative/rock and dark ambient and industrial music. Shoegaze, electronic, some rap/hip hop, pop, some classical, instrumentals, classic rock. I also love dream pop and indie music, too.

I guess my favorite would be alternative, then dark ambient, then industrial and shoegaze. It's hard to pick a favorite genre but I know I listen to a lot of alternative, dark ambient, industrial, shoegaze, indie, and pop. A lot of pop isnt good but if the beat sounds original and the singing is really good then I enjoy it.

Liking Shoegaze as well. Especially when I'm in that "mood".

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 05:22 AM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I listen to lots of stuff my favourites are mostly going to fall into offshoots of rock (mostly alt-rock type stuff,) and electronic though and be mostly dark or energetic. It's hard to break it down by genre. I like punk, pop-punk, horror punk, punk related genres for mostly nostalgia reasons sometimes as well. You know 50% edgelord 50% stuffs.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Gangsta Crayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
Liking Shoegaze as well. Especially when I'm in that "mood".
Shoegaze is the kind of music I want to listen to when I just want to daydream. Haha. But usually, I don't have to be in a certain mood to listen to music.

I can listen to depressing music even when I'm in a good or okayish mood.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 01:08 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I mostly like music with a good rythm or story, or reflects a culture or time in human history, mostly stuff you can feel what the musician or artist was feeling/expressing at the time.

Mostly in the rock, country, blues vibe & sub-genres of that, some rap, electronic, I'm pretty open, whatever my mood is at the time, the main thing I don't like is noise for the sake of noise.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 02:34 PM
SAS Member

funeral doom has consistently been my favorite genre for almost a decade now, I think?

https://@youtu.be/Jy6MJOQjfxE?t=473

Songs tend to be really long, I'm only linking with a timestamp. My favorite part in this song starts from minute 9. (best part @ ~ 10:30 )

Oh, and it has no electric guitar either. I don't think the essence of "funeral doom" is necessarily metal. It has to do with speed and repetition mostly. Also, the mood doesn't have to be grim.

Judging by the number of views though (I'm probably half of them), I feel like that's not a very popular taste in music.

---

I can randomly like different songs from different genres, but I generally don't like clean vocals because they remind me that there's a human on the other side, and that's sort of weird listening to people singing, especially if the lyrics is pretty dumb.

Weird incomprehensible vocals are better, but not if they're too bad they make me think of a person trying to make them? It's better when they're weird enough I actually buy into the idea that they're coming from ugly non-human creatures.

Ma 'alena
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 09:05 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I love it. I listen to music as much as I can. It keeps me a little bit better all the time.
House, Trance, Techno, Rock, some pop and indeed Eurodance are my most favorites!

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page