Do you like daylight saving time (summer) or regular time (fall)? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Do you like daylight saving time (summer) or regular time (fall)?

So if you live somewhere when the clocks move forward in the spring and back in the fall, which do you like better?

Mostly I like spring/summer (daylight saving) time because it gives more daylight in the evenings to be outside, and makes the weekends seem longer. With fall/winter time it's brighter in the morning, which makes it easier to get up, but then when I leave work it's already getting dark, which makes it hard to do anything at night.

Lately I've noticed it's getting dark a lot earlier even though we haven't changed yet. Tonight for instance, I went for a walk and came back and had a shower and it was still only 7:30, whereas during the summer it's usually about 8 before I get a shower in the evening. So that's kind of nice, because it tricks me into getting to bed earlier.

Overall I'd rather they just leave the clocks alone, or possibly change it 30 minutes and leave it.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:42 PM
☆ Moderator ☆

I like when it gets dark later (daylight savings). It makes the mornings brighter, too, which means it doesnít feel like itís still nighttime when you wake up early.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:44 PM
-

Daylight during the summer. I don't understand why there's a need to change the clocks and throw people off, just for them to do it again when starting to adjust.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. - Theodore Roosevelt
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:25 PM
On An Indefinante Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
Daylight during the summer. I don't understand why there's a need to change the clocks and throw people off, just for them to do it again when starting to adjust.
I like it better in the summer too.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 09:03 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
More darkness - better.

I like more darkness in the mornings. I don't care about evenings, because I either work, or either sleep during them...
Daylight savings doesn't look any useful at all...
But one thing is very clear, I love it when it's dark. It's always better for me when it's dark, I feel safe when it's dark everywhere, when it's dark I can be myself.

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:17 PM
untitled document

Language: None
Since I don't have a 24 hour sleep cycle and work for myself and don't do anything at set times, it doesn't actually make any difference to my days. But I think we should all just use UTC to simplify things.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 02:46 AM
In Liquidation

I kinda like both. Summer, longer days so I can be out running and walking when it's still day light a bit and less cold. In Fall/Winter, it gets dark sooner so I can walk around town and walk my dog without being seen by acquiantances and familiar faces as I am doing so. I like the privacy. And often some people will negatively judge others over very nonchalant menial things they see you doing.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:03 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I hate everything about daylight, TBH. Of course now that I'm older and have diabetes, my eyesight is not that great even with glasses so driving at night isn't a good idea. I used to enjoy being outside at night when everyone was in bed. Well, on warm nights. The warmer the better. I have two layers of light blocking curtains on top of blinds for my room so it's always the same in here.

/WYSD
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 02:33 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
They finally passed a law in California fixing the time so we'd be permanently on daylight savings time. It's not going to happen for 2 years, but at least then I won't have to deal with pets getting out of sync. Plus the clock thing is annoying. I enjoy daylight savings rather than standard time because you get the extra sunlight in the evening. It's more of a pain for our generation with electronics and busy work schedules.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
I kinda like both. Summer, longer days so I can be out running and walking when it's still day light a bit and less cold. In Fall/Winter, it gets dark sooner so I can walk around town and walk my dog without being seen by acquiantances and familiar faces as I am doing so. I like the privacy. And often some people will negatively judge others over very nonchalant menial things they see you doing.
I see. For me it's the opposite of that. I like going for walks after work, but I don't like going after dark, it just makes me feel uncomfortable, because I just don't like walking on my street after dark when cars come up. Usually in the fall/winter I end up doing that a lot though, because of how early it gets dark.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:55 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: In Love
DST, I like having daylight later into the day.

Peace, Love, And Infinite Light
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:53 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
I donít care, just stop changing the clocks, itís not that important & is an annoyance every time
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:47 AM
SAS Member

I say just freaking pick one. The switching twice a year is idiotic.

Work a little bit harder on improving your low self-esteem, you stupid freak.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Doesn't bother me much, the extra darkness is nice sometimes, those sometimes being when I don't have to get out of bed, stupid work, why can't I hibernate ? Can I have my gender identity changed to bear ? so they're violating my rights by making me get up.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:33 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I like it brighter in the mornings for one reason alone, I have to drive and so do many other people. Having others headlights shooting into my eyeballs feels like ice picks stabbing them, and being that I am incredibly tired in the mornings, it gets pretty aggravating. Otherwise, I enjoy the dark, there is just something special about it that stirs my imagination and I feel at ease. The darkness, is also like a blanket that protects me from the outside world.

But yeah, driving in the dark at 6am, being incredibly tired, and having people weaving and wobbing all over the road because they are tired too, while oncoming traffic is constantly assaulting your eyeballs with headlights that are out of alignment, and of course that occasional dick that likes to tailgate you for no reason with their headlights shooting into your rear view mirror.. that sucks. It is even worst when it is foggy out, then your own headlights like to assault you as well

It wouldn't be so bad if it were not such a long drive, an hour in that nonsense gets pretty old.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:35 AM
Ad astra per aspera.

Wish they'd just pick a time and stick with it. It's annoying as hell.

Miles to go before I sleep. Vale.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:41 AM
Half agony, half hope.

Different seasons have both their pros and cons for me. Though I strongly dislike the winter mainly due to the lack of color in the environment, it being dull, cold, and not as sunny can put me in a mood. There's also me having to shovel mounds of snow to get to my car not being fun, but there's the holidays & things to look forward to around that time so that's nice. Summer I enjoy because it's warm, but I don't like the bugs it brings. Fall is probably my favorite season b/c it's right in the middle, it's a little cold but not unbearably so. Spring I'm indifferent to....I honestly dislike spring almost more so than winter mood wise. I don't know why? I find that my depression ironically doesn't get as bad as it does in the winter time as it does in spring.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:24 AM
green and blue

Lol, daylight savings conformists, I pity you. We don't care about no clock altering where I live.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Samityville Horror

My Mood: Cold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I say just freaking pick one. The switching twice a year is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWater View Post
Wish they'd just pick a time and stick with it. It's annoying as hell.
Agree.

Now I'm Nothing
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:05 AM
Changeless

My Mood: Worried
When I was younger I loved the night time, not bedtime, but the night time like right when it got dark so back then I would have preferred no DST but now I'm the opposite. I dread the night so, if I had my way, I'd live in the land of the midnight sun.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page