I believe if we stay positive and work hard we will succeed in life
Ur thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:30 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
even luck makes too much sense for what reality is: entirely arbitrary.

even under the illusion of free will, what kinds of work we are allowed to do is predetermined, our abilities are predetermined by our genes and our upbringing. what counts as success is culturally predetermined.

we are controlled socially, economically, materially.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:32 PM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry

live chat

i cannot hear one word by phone.

only when a person is ahead of me when visible using myyyyy EYES!!!!??!!?

when typing text more real

Angela
I have spoken to a1 and they have confirmed they are not happy to get the vehicle collected due to the level of abusive given when they called you

deepest anger only ever occurs when receiving the fantasy weird phantom communication on NARNIA / MATRIX by remote human voice who is not visible.

they mutter / waffle. all starts with silence. i await their speech. their initiative. they started the electronic connection. i open the channel. their responsibility is to speak. all starts them saying HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! that abuse.

worker |<------recruiter / lawyer /----->| employer

LIFE = LUCK. No magic. someone made a fluffy subjective decision which affected you and will forever
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Question

why the preposition???

IN luck???
OUT luck???
ON luck???
WITH luck???
alongside luck???
for luck???
besides luck???
around luck???

around luck???
between luck???

behind luck???
within luck???
above luck???

fortunate?

thru luck???

worker |<------recruiter / lawyer /----->| employer

LIFE = LUCK. No magic. someone made a fluffy subjective decision which affected you and will forever
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:12 PM
bipolar

Not really - I don't think in those terms at all. It's just life - and things can change really fast.

One of my best friends always seemed pretty lucky when we were young. He was very good-looking - had lots of girls after him, made heaps of money, all that stuff. Then he had some genuinely terrible things happen in his life - enough to make a more superstitious person think he might be cursed.

We just never know what's around the corner - and many things are out of our control.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:16 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyoufeelit View Post
Ur thoughts?
pfff... Lmao. Total bs.

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:23 PM
untitled document

Language: None
Luck is a blunt fact of life that doesn't care whether you believe in it. Who you're born as, in what family and place and year, is the biggest luck of all.

If you're talking about some sort of ritual that's supposed to control or create luck, then no. If you're talking about a permanent supernatural association of luck to a person regardless of circumstances, then no.

But overall, there are lucky and unlucky people -- people whose life has gone easy and whose life has gone hard, through no fault of their own. I count myself lucky because I've had advantages most haven't... and every time my life has been about to enter freefall, something I didn't know about before has come along to give me another chance. What I've done with the luck is underwhelming, but the advantages are there.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:57 AM
Tired

Language: English
Luck as a superstitious force which magically benefits some people, no. But how you get on in life, due to causes outside your control, yes, of course. I wouldn't see it as luck though, because that's all mystical and doesn't make sense when you just have a vast amount of causation outside of your control which explains this kind of thing.

That being said, I ****ing need some luck right now, and by that I mean, something good to happen for me, because it's getting exhausting trying to prop up my mood without any real hope.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:18 AM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyoufeelit View Post
I don't
Ur thoughts?

Ummmm....that probably depends upon your definition of "succeed". You could succeed at doing whatever it is you think you want or you could succeed at flying through the air *** first and impaling yourself on a tree branch.

"Luck" is probably too fuzzy of a word. I believe life is random. You can steer and hope for the best but many things are completely out of your control. Most of the stuff that can go wrong are things you'd never expect so you couldn't plan for.

So....if you don't put a positive or negative spin on the word "luck" and you just think of it as everything is a roll of the dice, yeah. I "believe in" luck. In my case, the "luck" has been mostly bad.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page