Cars are my children - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Arrow

Cars are my children

5 of them. only two remaining.

They obey. i maintain & care for! feeding them.

could be more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Barbells and kittens

Same here and I love all three of them. So much cheaper and more useful than human children. Looking forward to getting a fourth one of these days.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Chonker

The dog and cats are my family. You get to learn about responsibility and rescue some shelter friends at the same time.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Cows are my children,1000lb teddy bears & when you get tired feeding them & cleaning up their poop you can legally eat them, much better than regular children.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 07:47 AM
SAS Member

I have one cat. He is my baby and I love him.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Ω

I do not get this. I hate driving.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 08:35 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
If my car = my child, I would be one bad father. Didn't clean it one single time since delivery (May 2019). I brutalize the gearbox nearly everytime I switch.
Is supposed to consume only 5.8 L / 100 km, I do 8.2 L / 100 km because I drive to aggressively.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Leftist Darkness

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
There's a lot of weird psychological things going on with both driving and cars.

(just came here from the thread about road rage, so I guess cars is a theme now.)

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
The teeth have long departed
Yet the desire burns strong
On in desire for destruction
One on which she'll depend
One that ceases to deepen
Too near bitter end

Black through the mountains
She turns her loosening ring
Guardian angel sings
"I think you've lost your wings, but you're still yours
You're still yours, you're still yours"

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 09:16 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Actually the state of transportation these days (at least in the US) is pathetic and depressingly primitive and dangerous.

/WYSD
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 09:29 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Actually the state of transportation these days (at least in the US) is pathetic and depressingly primitive and dangerous.
Visit Luxembourg and you will expérience Real chaos. Endless jams (sometimes you will need 1/2 h to do like 1 km because of all the people from France who cross the border to work here), all the work to build their dumb Tramway, very tight roads, the fact that every household has like 2 or 3 cars etc.

You would go insane

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:09 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
I hate cars and I hate driving. I hate almost everything these days except for football but even that is hard to stomach to be fair
I used to not care about cars at all. And I really hated driving at first. Now, after +6 months of driving (not that much) I find myself speeding and driving like a total a-hole.

Last saturday, I even hit 110+ km/hour when the limit was 70 and all this ... after drinking two big beers.

I consider myself a "road danger"

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
If my car = my child, I would be one bad father. Didn't clean it one single time since delivery (May 2019). I brutalize the gearbox nearly everytime I switch.
Is supposed to consume only 5.8 L / 100 km, I do 8.2 L / 100 km because I drive to aggressively.
Still a little over twice the fuel economy that I'm getting in my pickup without driving aggressively. I do keep it clean though.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:19 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Still a little over twice the fuel economy that I'm getting in my pickup without driving aggressively. I do keep it clean though.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's a small 1L engine. Only 100 HP. Pickups are known to drink like crazy

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:27 AM
Greasy prospector

I look after my daily car fairly well, its nearly ten years old with 280,000kms, I have it over 2 years, I do a basic engine service myself roughly twice a year, clean it a couple times a month, it normally averages around 5.0L/100km, I have an old car I've always been meaning to fix up or sell but it's inside covered in dust, so it's the neglected child.

A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
- Macbeth
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:35 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
I look after my daily car fairly well, its nearly ten years old with 280,000kms, I have it over 2 years, I do a basic engine service myself roughly twice a year, clean it a couple times a month, it normally averages around 5.0L/100km.
5.0L/100km

It's a diesel? Which car is it? To be honest, I consumed less this summer. I was around 7L/100 km. It's winter here. Freezing temps. This alone can make your car use like 20% more fuel. Add air conditioning and the fact that I nearly exclusively do urban driving and I find my consumption still OK.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 12:18 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
It's a diesel? Which car is it?
Yes Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi with 150bhp, also turbo diesel is really torquey, it's a good balance of power & economy, I'd recommend, I once got it down as low as 4.3L/100km by driving really careful but that's no fun.

- Macbeth
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 12:33 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Yes Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi with 150bhp, also turbo diesel is really torquey, it's a good balance of power & economy, I'd recommend, I once got it down as low as 4.3L/100km by driving really careful but that's no fun.
It is not a good idea for me. First : Germany & Belgium (and soon other countries) are "banning" old diesel cars which don't comply with some anti-pollution standards. Second : Where I live, diesel, which used to be very cheap, is now sold for nearly the same price as Super 95.

Third : It wouldn't make sense for me because I only make very few km per month. As far as I know, diesel engines don't like short travels.

And finally, I don't like how diesel engines "feel". My driving school had a Golf 7 diesel with 100 hp. It's simply nothing for me. It's boring to drive. I like to sometimes push hard on the rpm and drive aggressively. With a diesel it's not possible.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Greasy prospector

@EndTimes ...Ah yes I heard about the diesel ban happening in larger cities, various places etc, I live in rural Ireland & rarely be near places like that, won't really effect me much for a while.

I hear hybrid cars are very good though, petrol/electric motor combo, the petrol provides the revs, the electric motor the diesel-esque torque, good combo, returns good economy, complies with latest emission regulations.

If I ever get to the stage I have to change, it will probably be to something like that, it comes down to personal preference aswell in regards to liking either revs or torque.

- Macbeth
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 02:26 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
I'm a danger on the road myself because it's been about 2 years since I last drove a car. I was pretty good at it in the beginning I think but I somehow got more and more anxious to drive a car over the years.
It's different for me. I was extremely anxious the first few times I drove by myself. And it lasted a few months. Only the last few weeks did I start to feel more at ease. And I am a danger because I drive like a maniac XD

You seem to have lost a lot of self confidence over the years. You no longer believe you are capable of anything. That's the root of your problem.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Barbells and kittens

You'd probably like my truck, @EndTimes . It's not really all that fast, but with a 355 HP 5.3L V8 and high end aftermarket exhaust it's very satisfying getting into the accelerator. Plus it's 4WD and towers over most other vehicles. Pretty enjoyable to drive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page