Cake For Breakfast: Who Else Does This? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Horny Lesbian not villain

Cake For Breakfast: Who Else Does This?

Every so often I love to eat very non-traditional breakfasts, simply because I can. For example: this morning I ate a large slice of a Madeira party cake while sitting up in bed. It's good cake! Not the Madeira butterfly cake that is my favourite cake which I get from Sainsburys, but a different Madeira cake which is also from Sainsburys: a very large cake with pale yellow icing on top of it that reminds me of my favourite vanilla ice cream.

Speaking of vanilla ice cream: that is another thing that I have eaten for breakfast -- also in bed! I ate the ice cream in bed on several occasions, as I recall, with multicoloured sprinkles on top -- known in Britain as "hundreds and thousands". And the Madeira party cake also has multicoloured sprinkles on top of the pale yellow ice cream, which is nice.

I mentioned the Sainsburys supermarket on purpose, to compliment the whole "doing what I want" theme! You see, I feel that I ought not to do product placement, thoughtless advertising and the like -- as I am the Goddess, and I feel a sense of responsibility to avoid using my power in ways that promote unpleasant monopolies. I joked out loud on my own, here at my home, "I am the Goddess and I shop at Sainsburys." -- then glanced at my Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman "We Can Do It!" poster, noticing the look of disapproval on her face. It is a good supermarket though! And British people can purchase these lovely cakes from that place, which is something that I want them to know.

I am not going to start being very silly; don't worry! I simply wanted to quickly, freely, and easily write a fun SAS post without being overly careful about my word.

I have also eaten yogurts for breakfast. Amusingly, I am now remembering that those yogurts are vanilla yogurts with multicoloured Smarties to sprinkle on top, in the style of the Muller Corner yogurts.

So what sorts of unusual breakfasts have the nice people at SAS eaten, if any?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Failure's Art

I usually just try to get breakfast out of the way so I can get onto other things so I usually just eat a bowl of oatmeal and a bagel. Boring, I know. I've never been a foodie, I just eat to sustain.

You live up in your head
Scared of every little noise
Someone's always breaking in accidentally
Using nothing but their voice
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 03:23 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
Leftover pizza would be about as unusual as it ever got, I've had trifle with jelly/custard for breakfast at Christmas though.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Alien

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
^ same with the pizza lol.

I have to eat breakfast themed stuff for breakfast, I'm quite particular about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 03:30 PM
bipolar

I'm sure I would have had cake for breakfast at some point but I wouldn't do it regularly. For quite a while there a few years ago I would stop in at Brunetti's and get a coffee and a croissant or a danish. Not really very unusual though I guess.

I suppose the only other thing I can think of is up in Jakarta or Bangkok - I'd often have quite a full meal of hot savoury food for breakfast at the hotel. (fried rice, etc ) Common to have that in a lot of SE Asian countries.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 03:45 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Oh I'll eat anything anytime. Or at least that has been my traditional way of doing food. I have never really been the type of person who lived on a schedule and got up at the same time every day and ate the same meal. "Breakfast" is a meaningless concept to me (as are lunch and dinner).

That said, my health is terrible so it probably didn't do anything good for me in the long run.

/WYSD
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 04:38 PM
slave

I've done it way more times than eating traditional breakfast food. I never saw the big deal since I find a lot of the traditional breakfast foods (i.e. pancakes, donuts, croissant, etc.) that really qualify more as a dessert and aren't that nutritious or sustain you.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 06:16 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

I don’t really feel like eating until I’ve been awake for a while, and by then, it is time for lunch. I ate my cereal with a knife once, which probably counts. There were no spoons.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 07:57 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Leftover pizza would be about as unusual as it ever got
Another one here for pizza. Leftover pizza is awesome! Only slightly less so than the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I suppose the only other thing I can think of is up in Jakarta or Bangkok - I'd often have quite a full meal of hot savoury food for breakfast at the hotel. (fried rice, etc )
Me too, I got really into spicy savoury breakfasts in Thailand. It started with a guy I met in a hostel who told me he always had Moma instant noodles. I immediately bought some packs and continued breakfeasting on them for a few weeks, occasionally varying it with some area-specific breakfast dish (which was inevitably hot and noodlesome as well).

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 08:24 AM
Self isolating from self

I've had leftover cake for breakfast before. Cake is a bit rich for me to have in morning, so it's something I'd avoid unless I want to feel kind of terrible for part of the day. Currently I've been hit and (mostly) miss with eating breakfast anyways.

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 09:24 AM
SAS Member

I don't eat breakfast at all. Only Lunch and dinner. I can just eat cake or ice cream as food but I do require chicken and rice.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 12:28 PM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
I don't observe the concept of regimented meals. I might eat twice or five times in a day, might be different amounts, and it doesn't matter what the clock says or how long I've been up. Sometimes sweets will happen to be the first thing I eat in a day, although other times I might start with what most would call a dinner, and it could be the moment I wake up or 6 hours later depending if I'm hungry.

Put simply: whatever I want to eat, whenever I want to eat it. But that's almost never cake. I'm more of a cookies and brownies person. And it's never in bed, because I like to keep cleaning as easy as possible.

Social Anxiety Game | Audio Dramas | Mining Accident Theater

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 01:39 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
Another one here for pizza. Leftover pizza is awesome! Only slightly less so than the night before.

Me too, I got really into spicy savoury breakfasts in Thailand. It started with a guy I met in a hostel who told me he always had Moma instant noodles. I immediately bought some packs and continued breakfeasting on them for a few weeks, occasionally varying it with some area-specific breakfast dish (which was inevitably hot and noodlesome as well).
I'm not too good with spicy food tbh - so I have to be careful. Another thing I thought I should try was Pad Thai - sort of famous in Thailand I guess, but it wasn't really my cup of tea - did you like it?

I really like going down to the breakfast area in hotels and having breakfast there with everyone - I like the busyness of it all with the cooks and waitresses rushing around. Jesus I'll be glad when we can travel again.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 02:55 PM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I'm not too good with spicy food tbh - so I have to be careful. Another thing I thought I should try was Pad Thai - sort of famous in Thailand I guess, but it wasn't really my cup of tea - did you like it?

I really like going down to the breakfast area in hotels and having breakfast there with everyone - I like the busyness of it all with the cooks and waitresses rushing around. Jesus I'll be glad when we can travel again.
Hah, yes. I got taken to this place that I was told had "the best pad thai in Thailand" (whether it was or not, I cannot say). It was rather good but I don't really eat seafood so I wolfed down all those tiny shrimp out of politeness more than anything. Not my favourite meal!

Oh hotels...a memory from another world.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2021, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Horny Lesbian not villain

I read most of the posts.

Something I love about the Madeira party cake is that the taste and consistency of the pale yellow icing is very much like the leftover butter icing in the mixing bowl after someone has prepared a plate of simple butterfly cupcakes for baking.

I know that there is a way for me to make the above writing more readable with commas and the like, but I am not bothered about that. Haha!

It is nice though, to have that sensation of having licked out the leftover butter icing from the mixing bowl -- without it being necessary for a lot of those cupcakes to have been baked. I don't like to eat a lot of cupcakes, but I do like to eat a lot of Madeira cake. It is like all of the leftover butter icing has been spread on top of a Madeira cake, and it has stayed the way that it was in the mixing bowl: the way that I like it best!

I love being magic.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2021, 04:59 AM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
I can't eat first thing after I get up. It tends to make me feel nauseated. When I used to work mornings, I had to skip breakfast. I drink coffee for breakfast.

After I've been awake a few hours, I eat a bowl of cereal. Every. Single. Day. Sorry to be boring.

I love breakfast foods, though. I just eat them at other times. I made blueberry pancakes the other night. Which is literally cake. When my friend used to visit, we'd go to the diner and have breakfast for lunch.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2021, 05:10 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
I would eat cake for every meal, if I could get away with it haha.

As it is, I tend to skip breakfasts, because I am not hungry, am perma dieting, and whats the point in just having extra calories in the am? One day, when I lose enough body fat and the mystical "massing phase" happens (which has been in the pipeline for the last 4 years lol), ill probably eat breakfast.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2021, 03:02 PM
SAS Member

I suppose adulthood is realizing you can eat an entire cake for breakfast, and maturity is realizing why you *shouldn't*

For me, it really depends on what I have in my pantry at the moment. If I have breakfast food that's halfway appealing, I'll probably eat that. But if all I have is plain oatmeal and I don't have anything to put in it, you bet I'm making a chocolate Carnation breakfast shake, even though it's basically glorified dessert.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2021, 08:33 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
I have unconventional breakfast all the time. Sometimes I cook a steak with eggs and sometimes i have a taco wrap with tomato, lettuce and a sliced up chicken breast and eggs all mixed together with cheese.

I never had cake for breakfast, but i did have alcohol in my coffee.

What is a man?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page