Biggest Regrets in your life? How would you do things differently - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
The Navy is what I would have probably done if I could have. The Army just doesn't seem as interesting.
I was in the Army for about 6 years. If I had to do it again I would do Navy or Air Force instead. Much more interesting I would think as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 02:23 PM
Barbells and kittens

I wish I'd joined the military too. Should have done that right out of school instead of dropping out and wasting an entire decade with nothing to show for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
I wish I'd joined the military too. Should have done that right out of school instead of dropping out and wasting an entire decade with nothing to show for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Military isnt for everyone so it may not have been a good option. Why did you feel you wasted in the entire decade? Im sure you have some accomplishments
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Military isnt for everyone so it may not have been a good option. Why did you feel you wasted in the entire decade? Im sure you have some accomplishments
Was just mostly living at home and not working, going to school, or improving myself in any way. Looking at it as a learning experience I guess is the only way to see good in it.

I got a 96 on my ASVAB test when I took it in high school and was in good shape as well. I think the discipline and routine would've been good for me at that age.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 05:40 AM
SAS Member

Language: english
My Mood: Crappy
I didn't kill myself when i was healthier. I should have.
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateliving View Post
I didn't kill myself when i was healthier. I should have.
You need to be healthy to kill oneself? Probaly easier and a better time when your heath goes to hell as well!

In all seriousness dont hurt yourself. Nothing is that bad. I speak from experience things have gotten so bad in my life at certain periods that many people would have killed themselves. But I didnt do it and things are better now. Try to make some small goals and make small steps everyday towards those goals. After a while you will see a lot of progress and be amazed and how much things have improved
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 09:58 AM
SAS Member

I'm almost 41 singe and no children. I regret not pursuing women at a younger age
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawx79 View Post
I'm almost 41 singe and no children. I regret not pursuing women at a younger age
I regret not pursuing women at a younger age as well. My SA was to severe and I didnt have the confidence with women. Had a bit of luck when i gained some confidence in my late 20's and early 30's.

No desire to have children myself (im 42 now and no kids). So maybe it all turned out better for me now having any luck with the ladies due to my SA in my early years. Could have ended up knocking up with different women and be stuck with 5 kids now. So you never know hind sight as they say is 20/20
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Was just mostly living at home and not working, going to school, or improving myself in any way. Looking at it as a learning experience I guess is the only way to see good in it.

I got a 96 on my ASVAB test when I took it in high school and was in good shape as well. I think the discipline and routine would've been good for me at that age.
Posted via Mobile Device
I got a 91 on the ASVAB so you got me beat. The discipline and routine of the military does have its benefits. Teaches you to be responsible and how to make it through difficult times. But it can be pretty miserable as well. People yelling at you and making you do unpleasent things.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 01:40 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
t I honestly try not to have regrets, without them experience I may not have experienced the growth I have. We can regret things or we can look at the present and say here's where I am because of them. I think letting my insecurities ruin a 7 year friendship is one that haunts me. If I could make it right, I would be more mature, not compare myself so much to them and think of myself as inferior. I would go back to the night our friendship ended and not say the things I said or send the texts I sent but what's done is done and I can't fix it, I can't go back so I ve accepted it and moved on.

I m afraid of not being enough

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page